‹ Prequel: Black Roses

White Lilies

The Make Up

Frank’s eyes fluttered open. Looking beside him he noticed that Taylor was already up and awake.
He managed to focus on the digital clock next to the bed a few minutes later; 10.32am on December 20th.
They had up until New Years Eve off…
“Good morning,” Taylor yawned, emerging from the bathroom wearing her grey skinny jeans and vintage Guns ‘n’ Roses shirt, smelling of a mixture of soap and her FCUK body spray.
“Mornin’,” he managed to mumble.
“Sleepy?” She laughed, climbing onto the bed next to him. “After last night, we should argue more often,” she winked kissing his cheek.
He wriggled his eyebrows. “Wanna argue?”
Rolling her eyes she retreated off the bed “What I want is for you to get ready. We’re meeting the others in 15 minutes!” she exclaimed throwing his over-night bag at him. “Oh and Frank? Don’t forget your promise.”

“You seem…different,” Haley said as her, Taylor and Ella queued up for the hotel’s breakfast “Both of you…thought we know why Ella does. I mean, she’s pregnant! She’s glowing and looks more gorgeous then ever!”
“But you Tay,” El took over as if her and Haley had rehearsed this “You look…refreshed? More relaxed? Like you had great sex last night…WHOA! Wait a minute!”
Tay blushed and reached forward to get a glass of fresh orange juice.
Ella and Haley exchanged shocked glances and whispered. “Oh My God!”

His hand rested on her knee beneath the table.
She couldn’t help but grin, soon everyone would know. There would be no more lies…
“So, what’re we doing today?” Bob asked from behind the magazine he was reading.
Ignoring his friend’s question Gerard asked one of his own. Aiming it at Taylor. “Are you coming to NJ with us?”
As though that had given him a perfect answer, Bob nodded and turned a page.
“Uhm…” Tay started. Back to New Jersey after 8 years?
She felt the pressure of everyone’s pleading eyes boring into her and decided to just go with it. What could the harm be?
“Yea, okay.”

She watched as Frank and Jamia shifted through piles of paperwork and discussed routes for bands on their label or a new t-shirt they wanted to introduce.
She wondered when he’d tell her…
Bringing her knees up to her chest she sighed deeply. Travel sickness…who needs it?
Then she heard him say something that made her forget about the sickly feeling in her stomach.
“Oh Jay? I’ve got something I need to tell you later.”