‹ Prequel: Black Roses

White Lilies

I Couldn’t Bring Myself to Call

“What?!” Ella exclaimed.
“I saw her at the show with her hair pushed back off her face,” Frank explained “I swear to you it’s her El.”
“A…are you sure?” Ella asked.
Frank nodded “Yes. Now, which.way.did.she.go?”

Marie had paid for her items and was waiting for Eve outside.
It wasn’t that she didn’t want to see the guys again, of course she did! She just didn’t want them to be taken away from her again. Whether it be because of them moving on in their tour or her having to fly out to Paris or somewhere to promote TaywinterZ. She couldn’t take the heart break again.
She also couldn’t believe Eve and Dan didn’t remember them.
Then again, she did. She’d also want to forget the year one of her parents died. If it wasn’t for the guys she’d forget the year Tammy died as well.
“Hey Marie! Ready to go?” Eve asked, suddenly appearing by Marie’s side.
Marie forced a smile. “Yup. Wanna take Jack and Sally for a walk when we get back?”
Eve nodded “Sure. Hey! Have you seen my Jack Skellington doll?”
“No, fucking, way! You have a Jack Skellington doll!?”
Eve grinned and nodded “Don’t you dare steal it!”
That I cannot promise.”
The two girls heard footsteps behind them but thought nothing of it. Hey, they were Jersey girls, not afraid of anything.
Then a hand grabbed Marie by the wrist.
“What the hell?!” she shouted as whoever it was spun her round.
She almost had a heart attack when she saw who it was…Frank Iero.

They stood staring at each other for a good 2 minutes, the only thing keeping their faces apart was the peak of Marie’s trucker hat.
“Tay,” Frank whispered, his warm breath tickling her lips and his hand still tightly around her wrist.
“Marie?! What the hell is going on?” Eve asked “Why did Frank Iero just call you ‘Tay’? No one calls you that anymore!”
“Eve?” Frank asked his eyes only leaving Marie’s to glance at Eve.
Marie nodded, unable to speak.
“She…she doesn’t remember me?”
This time Marie shook her head.
“C’mon Tay! Speak!”
“I-I…why the fuck didn’t you call me!?” Marie exclaimed, pulling her wrist from his grasp and stumbling back a few steps…just as Ella and Gerard joined them.
“Oh my god,” Ella whispered “It is you Taylor.”
Marie looked up to see her ex-best friend staring at her wide eyed.
“C’mon Frank, why?” She pushed, he hung his head.
“I couldn’t bring myself to…”
He took a step towards her but she stepped back, shaking her head.
“You just couldn’t be bothered,” she mumbled, her voice breaking due to the tears in her eyes. “You just wanted to forget all about me.”
“No, Tay, you gotta believe me…”
“No Frank, I ‘gotta’ go home,” she said grabbing Eve’s hand and running in the direction of her house.

She shut the front door behind them, immediately regretting what she’d just done.
“So,” she said, putting on a fake smile “Wanna take Jack and Sally for a walk?”
Eve raised her eyebrows and folded her arms “I think you need to explain.”