This, Was a Thing of Destiny

Ein

My turn was up next, I was patiently waking when I felt I was being pushed forward and stumbled against someone.

“Oy! What the heck?!” I heard before a big splash.

“Oh my God! I’m so sorry!” I told the stranger as I tapped his soaking shoulder.

“You…! You mother…” He started saying as he turned to face me. “I’m so sorry, I mean, it was my fault. I shouldn’t been in your way.” I stared at his amazing blue eyes, thinking: was kidding me with his bipolarity; I was sure I had a ‘you’re so strange’ look.

“Here, take my hand” he said from the border of the pool. I took it and drag him down but my little prank didn’t go well. Instead of laughing at him, his lips landed on mine; it was a bittersweet moment, from one hand his lips were soft and kissable but Ibarely didn’t knew that guy, not even his name. I tried to pull away but his arms snaked my waist and he kissed me more hungrily, more passionately . That was my cue to try harder to pull away. When I found my way out of that kiss, he was smiling, what a douche bag.

“That was nice” He said with a smirk “I’m so rude I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Tom Sykes” he smiled again, Sykes… Sykes… where did I hear that last name?

“Umm… I’m Amelie Amarot.” I said awkwardly. “I think you should leave before the life guards tell you something about your clothes.”

I climbed the ladder and felt myself to be undressed by some eyes, more than I already was in my bikini. I walked towards the deck chair where my things were and waited for Tom to be beside me.

“Are you from around here?” I asked as I put my board shorts on, slipped in my flip-flops and towel-dried my black hair. After that I placed my graduated sunglasses. I looked at Tom as I waited for his response.

“No, I’m from Sheffield, England. You don’t seem from here either, where are you from?” He looked at me straight in the eye with those bright blue eyes.

“I’m from…”
“Allie where were you? I’ve been searching for you through the whole hotel; I even talked Oli, the singer of Bring Me the Horizon.” Camille said as she got to my side and saw who I was talking to. “Oh my God!” She squealed, then she looked at me and then at Tom, multiple times. What an odd kid. Then she grabbed my arm and moved away from Tom so we could talk ‘alone’.

“I thought you said you didn’t like Tom Sykes! You told me you were not interested in Oli’s brother!”

“What are you talking about? I think I’m lost, wait a minute… is ‘Sykes’ Oli’s last name?” That was why his last name rang to me “Oh my freaking God! They are not brothers, are they?”

“Yup, we are brothers. I didn’t say that in my introduction because I saw it as an irrelevant thing. Well anyways I think I’ll leave you…”

“I don’t think Amelie wants that, she might want to help you get your clothes dry, right Amelie?” Camille interrupted him as she looked at me.

“Umm… yeah, get his clothes dry” OMG! That sounded like Kronk in the ‘Emperors’ New Groove’. What an idiot! I smacked my head mentally as I saw that Tom looked at us like he was suppressing a laugh “After all is the least I can do for someone I recently met in the pool with soaking wet clothes.” I looked at Camille with a ‘you’re so dead’ look.

Tom smiled “Well I guess we have to leave” He said as he placed his arm for me to link my arm with him “Amelie’s friend, see you later.” Of course I didn’t link y arm with him, I barely knew him, for a second he seemed upset but that feeling brushed off when he started walking and I followed him beside.

“So…” he said as he looked at the sky.

“So…” I repeated, not knowing what else to say

“You didn’t answer my question.” I gazed at him like he had three heads. “The one I asked you before your friend… I don’t know her name… talked, well shriek at you.” I laughed at his last comment.

“I’m from Argentina and we came for vacations. Her name is Camille, and she can be really noisy at times.”

“I found that out before you told me” We laughed hard, making our walking look funny. Then he asked out of the blue “Whose we?”

“Oh… Camille and I” I said rapidly.

“It seems that you don’t wanna spend time with her.” He said, concern showing in his tone.
“It isn’t like that; the thing is that I prefer going to the gym or yoga, or being in the pool than sleeping and being in the computer.” My mobile beeped, revealing a new message.

“I get your point. So you didn’t know Oli and I were brothers, right?”

“You heard” He simply nodded. “Let’s say I did and didn’t know.”

“How can that be possible?” He looked extremely confused.

“Well, when I saw you and your brother’s pictures but I was thinking in another thing when Camille told me that.”

We went pass the automatic doors and headed to the elevator, once inside he asked. “How did you guys got to those pictures?” He said like it was something illegal.

“It’s a long story actually but I’m going to resume it.” He nodded his head so I could go on “One day she was looking for some band, when she saw Bring Me the Horizon, she looked for info about them, after that she saw Oli and developed a huge crush on your brother, showed me his pictures and yours too. End of story” I said taking a mouthful of air, a ‘ding’ indicated us to leave the elevator. He guided me through the corridors.

“So that makes her a fan of BMTH.” He stated.

“Actually, it doesn’t. She only likes the looks of your brothers not his music, on the other hand I like a couple of songs of BMTH.”

“That explains her looks.” He said as he introduced the card key to unlock the door.

“Actually it doesn’t. She likes hardcore but she doesn’t like metalcore, however she dresses elegantly urban. I, on the other hand, like metal and hardcore yet I dress in an elegantly urban rocker style.”

The door opened revealing a half naked young man and blonde bimbo having sex (they were half covered by a blanket), gross. I left the room quickly because my eyes couldn’t bear that image. I heard shouting from the room. And saw the bimbo full dressed leave the room as she glared at me. Tom came to my side and caressed my shoulder.

“It’s safe to come inside.” I laughed at his statement. I followed him inside.

“I’m sorry about the thing you saw a few minutes ago.” A coffee haired boy told me, he looked a little like Tom, their noses were identical, maybe they were cousins or something.

“I’m Oliver Sykes but Tom’s friends call me Oli.” OMG! He is hisbrother! Damn it!

“I’m Amelie Amarot, nice to meet you.” I said with a smile, but my politeness vanished as I felt him scanning through my body.

“Don’t you have to go to the sound check?” Tom asked annoyed. Oli smirked and made his way to the door.

“Well, see you later guys.” I turned to look at Tom, who was taking his wet clothes off, showing his faint six-pack. I grabbed his wet clothes so I could dry it with the blow-dryer, and then went to the bathroom to dry them. They were almost dried so they dried easily.

“Amelie, does it bother you if I take a shower?” I jumped at the sudden appearance of Tom behind me, with a towel around his hips.

“No, no problem.” I said as pretended to be focused at what was in my hands but I saw Tom through the mirror. I think I saw his head turn to see me but when we realized I was looking at him we both looked away. When I finished drying his clothes, I went to leave them on, what I supposed was his bed; I left my things on it too and pulled out my dry clothes from my bag. I quickly took off all my wet clothes and put on my lingerie, tank top and shorts on, before Tom could appear. I zipped my semi wet clothes in the plastic bag in my bag. I felt someone stare at me, that impulse me to turn around.

“You look good.” Tom said with a half smile in his face.

“Thanks” I muttered as I felt my cheeks heat up. “I’ll leave you, so you can put some clothes on.”

I left the room and dialed Camille’s number.

“Hello?” she said.

“Camille, necesito tu ayuda” (I need your help)

“Allie, ¿qué pasó?” (What happened?)

“Estoy en su habitación pero me siento incomoda, no sé qué hacer. Pensé en salir pero me da cosa” (I’m in his room but I feel uncomfortable, I don’t know what to do. I thought in leaving but I’m kinda scared)

“Don’t panic, it’s okay to feel uncomfortable… plus you met him today and you barely know him. Do you want me to go there?” Camille asked concerned.

“Sure, that would be awesome!” I said brightly.

“All right I’ll be in 5 minutes, text the door number.” She hanged up.

I put my cellphone in my bag, and took my makeup bag out so I could make some touch ups. I was walking to the bathroom when Tom got in the way.

“Where were you going missy?” he asked in silky, seductive tone, which thickened his British accent.

“I’m the one who has to ask you, young man, what are you trying to get with that tone of voice?” I answered with the same tone of him.

“Well…” he suppressed a laugh “I was trying to get you go to one of my brother’s gig” He started laughing. “Don’t you ever talk in a British accent, it quite funny.”

“I know, but I couldn’t help it! It’s fun to do it; I know how to do a Spanish accent, also, my uncle taught me.” I smiled brightly and said some phrases in a Spanish accent.

“So what do you say?” Tom asked with a big smile plastered on his face.

“I’ll think about it, can I bring Camille with me?”

“Umm… that’s a hard one” He placed his hand under his chin, like he was in deep thought. After a few seconds he finally answered “Sure, the more people in the moshpit the best the band feels.”

“I’m not planning to be in the moshpit, do you want to get your new best friend hurt?” I asked with puppy eyes.

“Nah that would be a pity” He smiled “I wouldn’t like to lose my new best friend”

KNOCK KNOCK

Tom went to the door to check who it was; meanwhile I redid my messy makeup. After a few minutes I was done.

“Allie, it’s for you.” OMG! He called me ‘Allie’, Amelie calm down. Who are you? you. “It’s your metalcorish friend” Tom announced sarcastically.

“I’m going. Let her come in.” I shouted as I packed my things in my bag and wondered how things would have being different if I didn’t come to Los Angeles for summer vacations with Camille; things wouldn’t have been out of the ordinary, we would have stayed at Buenos Aires and get together with friends for friend’s nights out but it was the usual. Thanks God we got here.

I walked to the living, where Camille -or as I prefer to call her Cam- and Tom where having a very uncomfortable silence that made the whole air feel dense. They both looked at me when I was near them. It was really awkward, it made me feel like a decayed body haunted by vultures and dogs that want to rip every part of it off.

“Cam, Tom told me about going to Oil’s gig tonight. What do you think about it?” I said to lighten the mood.

“Allie, sabes que no me gusta su música, pero por verlo y para que vos puedas estar con el individuo acá presente; It’s up to you.” (You know that I don’t like his music, but just to see him and to get you hooked up with the creature, here present)

“I don’t wanna get hooked up!” I said, a bit, TOO loud and in a language TOM could understand. SHIT! Great Amelie, just marvelous! Tom looked at me with a cheeky smile, I simply scratched my neck embarrassed.

“I knew you wanted more than a kiss.” Tom stated “I knew you couldn’t resist this body” He said showing his six-pack, as he laughed.

“Yeah sure” I rolled my eyes. Camille looked at us like we had wings or something, she was extremely shocked.

“You… You… you guys kissed?” her voice was barely heard. It was now Tom’s turn to scratch the back of his neck.

“Well, I didn’t” “It was an accident” We said at the same time

“Guys one at a time, if not I can’t understand” Camille said.

“Understand what?” someone said from her behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mmm please comment and subscribe :D