Status: *Completed*

Until There Was You

Chapter 6 - Morning Sun

The morning came slowly. Everyone had a good, deep, dreamless sleep, although everyone wasn't awake yet. Nick was still in his room, asleep. Nikki and Beth, still asleep on the couch. The only one awake throughout the house was Joe. He was in the kitchen, trying to make a big breakfast. It was a breakfast of toast, bacon, and fluffy pancakes.

During his effort of making a successful breakfast, Nikki woke up. As she woke up, the smell of burnt bacon reached her nose. She thought that maybe it was Beth cooking, because when Beth cooks, it's not cooking.. it's making a mess of burnt.. everything. She looked to the side where Beth laid down the night before. She was still asleep. Nikki shifted onto her side and finally decided to check out who was cooking.

"Hey you! Good morning!" Joe greeted.

"Hi." yawned Nikki.

"I figured I'd try to make some breakfast for you and Beth, but.." Joe explained.

"But.. trying is the key word there." interrupted Nick. Nikki and Joe turned around to find Nick walking into the kitchen, scratching his nuts.

"Ha Ha. Very funny.." glared Joe.

"I thought so.." teased Nikki.

"Oooooh really, now? Then.." Joe dumped the burnt toast, burnt bacon, and burnt pancakes.

"Joe! Aww.. I was kidding.." amended Nikki.

"Of course you were, but.. I wanna see if you could do it better!" laughed Joe.

"Alright.. alright. You got it. Watch out now!" joked Nikki.

"Don't worry, Nikki. Anything is better than Joe's cooking." Nick smirked, placing his hand on Joe's shoulder.

Joe started to pout like a baby. "Dat's not cool, guys. I not your friend no more!"

Nikki and Nick looked at each other and then looked at Joe with concerned faces.

"Alright.. I see I'm not wanted, nor needed here, so.. no need to get the strait jacket." kidded Joe.

"Ha.. don't worry about it, Joe. You should see Beth's cooking.. good lord! I'll miss our old stove.."
laughed Nikki. "Oh! And yes, I do need your help. Where are your cooking tools?"

"All in the bottom cabinets. Right here." Joe walked to some cabinets, bent over, and opened a cabinet door. As he bent over, Nikki bent backwards and eyed Joe's nice plump butt. Joe looked at Nikki. She swung forward and pretended like she was paying attention. Joe just laughed, shook his head, and stood up.

"Where's your friend, Beth?" asked Nick, excitedly.

"Sleeping.. she usually doesn't wake up til noon.. and I usually don't wake up til 2 in the afternoon, but this whole pregnancy thing gets us up earlier.. the.. morning sickness.. oh god.. I'll be right back." explained Nikki, running to the bathroom.

"Well, I'm gonna go ahead and wake up Beth." Nick said, exiting the kitchen. Joe looked around the empty kitchen and decided to tidy up a bit. Meanwhile, in the living room, Nick was waking up Beth.

"Beth.. Beth.. wake up. It's time to wake up.." Nick shook Beth by her shoulder.

"Ugh.. what time is it?" Beth yawned while asking.

"Umm.. it's.. 8:26." observed Nick.

"Oh.. my.. god.." Beth rolled over.

"C'mon Beth. Get up.. pwease?" Nick smiled, sweetly.

Beth looked up at Nick, smiled, and said, "Just another hour, k?"

"But I'm boooored.. and I wanna talk to you! Bbeetthh.." laughed Nick.

"Leave me alone.. please.. my god.." groaned Beth.

"Nope.. not until you get up.." teased Nick. Right as Nick finished his sentence, Beth started swinging her fist, with her eyes still closed.

"Ahh!" Nick screamed frantically. "Have some control, woman!" He jumped off the couch and ran back into the kitchen.

"Dude.. she's one psycho chick!" Nick said, as he entered the kitchen. Nikki was brushing her teeth, listening to Joe talk about nothing in particular. Joe instantly stopped talking and Nikki stopped brushing. They both turned to Nick.

"What, Nick?" Joe asked, calmly. Before Nick could say a word, Nikki went to the bathroom again and ran her toothbrush under the sink and spit out the toothpaste.

"I tried to wake her up and she was like 'oh my god' and I was like 'wake up' and she's all 'one more hour and I was like 'nope.. time to wake up' and then she started to punch me and stuff and I was terrified." Nick spoke extremely fast and was swinging his arms.

"Huh?" Joe said, slowly.

"Man oh man! That's gotta be the worst thing about being prego.. the mood swings!" snorted Nick.
Nikki walked back into the kitchen and explained, "Nope.. wasn't the pregnancy. She's always like that when someone tries to wake her up. That's why I never wake her up."

"Well, ya coulda warned me!" smiled Nick.

"If you think that's bad, don't ever - ever - ever attempt to wake me up." laughed Nikki.

"Thank you God for the warning!" said Joe, looking up.

"Jesus.. I'm still traumatized from last time!" laughed Beth, walking into the kitchen.

"She wakes!" teased Nikki, looking at Beth.

"Eep!" Nick jumped and hid behind Joe.

"Booga Booga!" Beth walked towards Nick, waving her arms in the air.

"Let the power of Christ compel you!" screamed Nick, behind Joe.

"Hey! I wouldn't test her! She can spin her head around.. I've seen it." nodded Nikki.

Nick and Joe both looked at Nikki with terrified faces. Nikki and Beth looked at each other
and began to wail with laughter.

"Ah man. You guys suck.. scaring Joe like that. Poor guy.. it's alright, Joe. It's gonna be alright." smiled Nick, patting Joe on the head.

"Get outta here.." Joe, then, pushed Nick. Nick hit the kitchen tiles with a thud.

"Oof." moaned Nick. Nick stood up slowly and held his knee. "Alright, people! That's the last straw! I'm so sick of falling and I can't stand it any lon.."

"Shut up, retard.." Joe laughed.

"What did ya say to me? I knooow you just didn't tell me, the Nick man, to shut up.." said Nick, in a deep voice.

"Nope.. it was her.. all her.." Joe pointed to Beth. Beth looked up at Nick and Joe with a confused face.

"Huh?" asked Beth.

"Nothing, honey. Much too complicated for you.." laughed Nikki, patting Beth on the head, like Joe had done to Nick.

"Ugh.. oh my god. I need.." Beth started to gag.

"Just breath, Beth. Breath." Nikki tried to relax Beth.

"Screw breathing.. I need to puke.." Beth quickly ran to the bathroom.

"Ok.. what's worst? Mood swings or barfing? Such a hard choi.." As Nick was speaking, a loud gag came from the bathroom.

"Barfing!" said Nikki, Joe, and Nick at the same time.

"Umm.. you're starting to look a little green, Nikki." said Joe, a tad concerned.

Oh.. it's ok.. it's just.. sometimes when we see food or smell food, we get sick. Nothing.. to.. worry about." Nikki took deep breaths.

"Nikki.. can I use your toothbrush?" asked Beth, from the bathroom.

"Your's is in the bag.. on my side of the couch.." explained Nikki.

"Oh.. ok.. thanks." Beth went to get the toothbrush out of the bag and returned to the bathroom.
"If you don't mind me asking, why do you bring your toothbrush with you if you're both strippers?" asked Nick, interested.

"Oh.. in case we eat something at the party, which is rarely. But, we always need our breath squeaky clean." smiled Nikki.

"Oh.. oh! Ok.." realized Nick.

"You thought that we gave guys.. No! No! We don't do that kind of stuff, besides.. well.." blushed Nikki. Joe began to turn rosy. At that moment, Beth returned from the bathroom.

"Miss me?" smiled Beth, still a little pale.

"Terribly!" smiled Nick. Beth turned brighter than even Joe.

"Speak for yourself." teased Nikki.

"Gee.. thanks Nikki.." said Beth, her voice full of sarcasm.

"Well.. umm.. how about we go out for some breakfast? It's a better way for us to get to know each other. And since bacon just isn't doing it for us.." insisted Joe.

"That sounds good! How about.." agreed Nick.

"McDonalds! I've been craving a Mc Griddle!" screamed Nikki.

"Ok.. I'm running away from you now." laughed Beth.

"Is that ok? McDonalds? Yeah?" jumped Nikki.

"Beth?" asked Nick.

"Yeah.. McDonalds sounds good. I'm up for McDonalds." nodded Beth.

"Then.. McDonalds it is.." concluded Nick.

"Yahoo!!" Nikki jumped onto Joe and kissed him. "Oh.. sorry."

Joe stood there amazed, blushed deeply, and replied, "No.. it's ok! Really.. it's perfectly fine."

Beth and Nick looked at each other and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heres the next update for this story. Just got back from vacation in Hershey. Leave me a comment and tell me what you thought. Thanks for reading.