Status: Active

You're Holding My Heart

12

My body was at its weakest point. I was in pain, my stomach wouldn’t hold any food in it, I had lost a lot of weight and Jonas along with our mom, had decided that the best was to put me in a facility with 24/7 doctors and nurses. At first, I hated them for this decision but I couldn’t be a burden to Rob anymore.

"BEAR!” Kellan yelled excitedly as he entered my room with a huge bouquet of flowers.

I gave him a big smile and raised my arms weakly as he hugged me carefully. I knew he was hiding his sadness. The sight of me wasn’t exactly cheerful.

“So, what’s up?” I asked barely keeping my eyes open as Kel put the flowers inside a vase that was in my nightstand. Then he sat on a space of the bed next to me.

“Not much, I really missed you and our conversations.” Kel said with a smile as he pressed his hand gently against mine.

“How’s things with Charlie?” I grinned.

“Very well.” Kel grinned back as I smiled widely.

“I’m happy for both of you. It was about time!” I laughed quietly, trying not to move too much as Kel laughed along with me.

“I really don’t know how I’d live without Bear.” He said with a wide smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slept for what seemed like days, I grew a fever and eventually a cold. Rob wasn’t allowed to sleep in my room but he came every day and that was killing me. I didn’t want him to stop having a life because of me.

“Rob…” I called faintly. He immediately stood from the chair and came towards me.

“Yes?” His blue eyes were looking straight into mine as he caressed my cheek.

You can go and have fun. Don’t feel obliged to be here all day and night.” I whispered.

“Paty, don’t be ridiculous.” He chuckled running a hand through my hair “You’d do the exact same thing for me. So no, I’m not leaving your side.” He said kissing my lips sweetly.

I smiled and feel asleep again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you mean it can be too late?

No! You need to save her… I need to save her!

I don’t care how long it takes, we’ll wait.

I woke up suddenly with the sound of voices arguing, I assumed I was hallucinating from the fever. I moved in the bed and a nurse was there, applying wet cold towels to my forehead. My eyes were heavy and I felt my body temperature very high.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up again the sun was raising, I had slept for the entire day but I felt so much better. The fever was gone and I was able to breathe normally.

“Rob?” I called sitting up slowly.

“He’ll be here soon.” Jonas answered from the chair.

“Hey big Bro.” I smiled as he came closer to me and hugged me tightly.

“So, how are you feeling Chuckles?” He laughed messing with the new-growing hair that was beginning to show in my head.

“Way better actually.” I smiled.

“Your hair is growing.” He said, his eyes starting to sparkle.

I had never seen my brother cry, so I smiled and pulled him closer to me. I hugged him as tight as possible as he hugged me tightly too.

“I love you Sis.” He whispered.

“I love you too Big Brother.” I said tears building in my own eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonas left about 6 pm and Rob arrived a little while later. When he saw me sitting, he smiled widely and took me in his arms, kissing me passionately but carefully.

“Wow, what happened?” I asked gasping for air but smiling widely.

“I have something for you.” He said and he colored a little “But I have to do this right.” He said uncovering my body and then placing my legs out of the bed.

I widened my eyes and started giggling as he cleared his throat. He ran his hands through his hair and with a smile approaching me very nervously and clumsily.

“Rob… you’re making me curious. What’s going on?” I asked still giggling.

“Wait, just one more second…” He said looking behind his back “Ah, here they come!” Ashley, Jackson, Kellan, Gaby, Charlie, my mom and Jonas entered the room all with huge smiles. I got even more puzzled.

“Well… Paty, you know I love you. We’ve been through sun and storm and I love all of this. Thank you for making me a part of your life and part of your journey, you make me a happy man. That’s why I want ‘us’ to last forever.”

Robert got down on one knee and a sea of tears escaped my eyes as I started to sob, knowing what was coming next.

“Will you be my wife?” Robert asked, opening a small black box.

“Of course! You didn’t even need to ask!” I said excitedly as he placed the ring on my finger and then picked me up carefully, both of us laughing while everyone else clapped and cheered happily.

Rob kissed me passionately and hugged me tightly “You make me so happy.” He whispered against my ear.

“I love you.” I said still sobbing and grabbing onto him tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 weeks later

Rob had arranged for an employee of the Civil Register to come to the hospital to marry us. Both of us didn’t insist in the traditional Church Wedding and I was going to have surgery in two days, so we didn’t want to wait any longer. Our wedding was going to be unique, just like us as a couple.

Only our families and closest friends were coming, along with all the Clinique’s staff and patients. The ceremony was going to be held in the garden of the Clinique that had been redecorated by Ashley, Gaby and Charlie. They also brought dresses for me to try and took care of the cake, flowers and so on. They were an essential help to Rob.

Rob refused to have a Bachelor party. Instead he asked to spend the night with me. We would spend the night watching movies, eating popcorn and listening to good music.

Personally, I was very nervous. I was afraid that I would look horrible because my body was different. I was afraid to not be able to walk to the aisle in conditions. I was afraid to pass out in the moment of the “Yes.”

“Love?” Rob’s voice took me from my thoughts. I looked up and his blue eyes were giving me the softest look. “Are you ready?” He said snuggling closer to me.

“I was born ready.” I smirked as he kissed my lips softly.

“I won’t ever lose you. That’s a promise.” He said looking straight into my eyes.

I smiled at him and caressed the sides of his face, kissing him passionately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

07 am

I had been awake for about half an hour just contemplating the roof and the way the sun rays hit it. The ceremony was at 10am and the girls would be here at 08.30 am. I took this opportunity to be alone with my thoughts, to cry for the loss of my father and of how much I wished he was present in this special day, to smile because I felt good and because I was getting married and to make myself feel positive about my surgery.

I sat up on the bed carefully and glanced at the dress, a smile appeared in my features immediately. The dress was so beautiful, I had fallen with it the moment I saw myself on the mirror wearing it. The shoes were a crazy stunt I was going to perform because I knew I was weak but I wanted to look my best, so I was going to wear heels until my feet couldn’t hold anymore.

“Already awake?” The head of the nurses asked as she entered my room.

“I can’t help but to be nervous.” I smiled shyly as she opened the curtains of the room.

“It’s a beautiful day outside. Everything is ready, it will be perfect. I promise.” She smiled softly. “There’s no need to be nervous, trust me.” She winked as she left.

The clinic was surprisingly quiet, another nurse brought me breakfast around 08:15 am and when I asked her what was going on, she only reassured me that everything was going to be perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was looking myself in the mirror, my makeup was done and I was fully dressed and ready to walk down the aisle.

“This is it.” I stated as Gaby, Ashley and Charlie nodded and I hugged them all individually. Jonas was waiting outside my room to take my down the aisle.

We gave the girls some time to go their places and I suddenly realized that I had no idea of what expected me. They had decorated, picked the cake, the flowers, given the invitations. They had done everything because I had been too sick.

“Jonas?” I called my brother softly, tugging on his arm.

“Yeah Sis?” He asked.

“Who planned all of this?” I asked as we walked to the outside doors to find them closed. Two nurses were there, dressed in pretty dresses.

“Robert mostly. And trust me, it’s all amazing.” Jonas said kissing my cheek.

I looked ahead of me and the nurses opened the doors. My heart illuminated as so as my face as I saw all the patients with fancy clothing, one of them was playing a soft melody on a piano as I began to walk with Jonas. Kellan was taking pictures with a professional camera and then I set my eyes on Rob. I hold my breath for a few minutes and tried to hold myself. He looked so handsome that I seriously just wanted to get my hands on him. Aside from that, everything was beautiful.

Jonas kissed my forehead and united my hands with Rob’s.

“I wish I could kiss you right now.” I whispered looking at him intently as he chuckled and we both turned to the front with naughty expressions.

The man began his small speech, as I grabbed Rob’s hands in a sneaky way holding it tightly against mine. We exchanged our rings and then suddenly I saw everyone holding balloons.

“You may kiss your bride.”

Rob placed his hands around my waist while I laced mine around his neck and we kissed sweetly. Then all the balloons were released and I watched as Rob embraced me from behind.

“Thank you.” I whispered as I turned around and kissed him again with tears sparkling in my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The party went on with everyone taking turns to take pictures with me and with Robert and then of just me and Robert. Suddenly Robert disappeared and I was given a chair in the middle of the garden. As I sat down, Rob appeared holding a stool and his acoustic guitar. I immediately placed my hands over my mouth, I knew what was coming and I knew I was going to cry. The girls sat on the grass next to me and the boys stood behind them, they would never leave me alone because they knew that I would grow extremely emotional.

“Well, hello everyone.” Rob said as he unbuttoned his shirt and took his bow-tie. “I hope you don’t mind but I’ve been preparing this just for Paty. I want her to know that she is my source of inspiration, she’s my muse. Without you, babe, a lot of things wouldn’t make sense. I love you, thank you.”

Robert started playing “I’ll be Your Lover Too” and I locked eyes with him, eventually I started shaking and tears slid down my cheeks. I had never felt so happy and special in all my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After cutting the cake, the lights grew dim and Rob grabbed my hand taking me to the small dance floor they had built. We took deep breaths but then started laughed as the song started and we slow-danced really close to each other.

“I love you.” He whispered against my forehead.

“I love you too. All of this is perfect.” I said smiled, Robert leaned down and kissed me sweetly.

Suddenly I felt my heart beating slower and slower. I widened my eyes and both of my hands grabbed Rob’s arms tightly. He gave me an alarmed look as I collapsed on him.

The last thing I heard was Robert yelling my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to admit that I love to write wedding chapters. It's just something I love and I had been planning this chapter for a long time.
Paty's engagement ring is the one that is on the set I created for her dress and shoes.
I'd like to let you know that I plan to end this story soon, I haven't decided the ending yet but I'm working on it.
Please comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!