Status: Active

You're Holding My Heart

14

After being out of the Twilight project, both Paty and Robert started receiving many invitations and proposals for other projects. Scandals were set, fans were in panic and the movie producers knew they needed to pull a big stunt so the Twilight franchise kept being popular and making money. They chose Kristen Stewart to play Bella and from then on, Paty completely stopped reading the news. She just felt betrayed but at the same time, her life had begun to change professionally. She had two new movies coming up and an editor had proposed for her to write a book about her cancer. Paty refused that project. She didn’t want to be one of those people that used a dark period of her life to raise sympathy in others. The sad part was over, she was alive and grateful for that.

For what concerned Robert, his career didn’t suffer any changes. He had three new projects coming up but the Twilight crew was still fighting for him to return. Curiously, they never asked Paty to return. On the other side their friends, who still worked on the movie, were sad about their departure but everything was good amongst them, even though, they all missed their late nights on set and how much fun they all had together, every day.

Paty was currently sitting on the floor of her new house. Robert and her had bought it 3 weeks ago and it was located in London, just like she had always dreamed. Paty was reading through some culinary books to find something interesting to cook for Robert but she needed to hurry up before he got home. She decided go to for something a bit more Italian and make some delicious peach related desert, when she realized that she needed some ingredients. She rushed out of their house and down the street to a local grocery store and ran back home. Once she was about to reach the kitchen, she stumbled against Robert’s chest.

“Why are running around?” He grinned as she peked his lips and then brushed past him.

“I don’t know why but I’m in a cooking mode.” She chuckled as she checked the past and then started preparing the dessert.

“Do you need help?” Robert asked as he watched her intently.

Her body had fully regained its curvy forms and her hair had grown more beautiful than it was before. He had never seen her so active like now and sometimes he had a hard time keeping up with her.

“No, don’t worry hun. I know you have work to do.” She said with a sweet smile as she pushed him out of the kitchen softly. “Just do me a favor, light some candles so the house smells nicely alright? I’ll call you when I’m done.”

Robert wandered around their house, he had scripts to work on but he was feeling lazy. He was curious about what Paty was cooking, it smelled really, really well and his stomach was beginning to rumble. Rob decided to go into their office and just sit there, roaming through the internet until Paty was done.

***************


“Dinner’s ready!” Paty called and she heard Robert run down the stair, which made her chuckle as he sat at the table like a good boy.

“Carbonara.” Rob stated as he smelled the dish in front of him.

Paty and Rob always had long meals because most of the time, they would just talk but on that night, Paty was nervous because she had a doctor’s appointment in the next day. Robert was obviously going with her but nonetheless she was nervous.

“Love, what do you think about inviting your family and friends over?” Rob asked as Paty seemed to brighten immediately.

“To spend the weekend?” She smiled.

“If they want.” Rob said and Paty jumped from her chair and hugged him. He hugged her back and kissed her head.

Paty’s thoughts about her heart transplant had been talked over and things between her and her mother were good. Jonas had moved out to officially live with Gaby and things between Charlie and Kellan were slowly progressing.

After dinner, Paty’s mind kept taking her to the next day. She was so happy, she was afraid that something could come and tear everything apart. She was scared.

Rob sensed her fear and once they sat on their couch, he pulled her close in a tight embrace. She snuggled as close to him as possible and eventually they both fell asleep with the television on.

Tomorrow was going to be a hard day for both of them.

**************


Paty sat impatiently at the doctor’s office and, even though, Robert seemed calmer he was probably more anxious than she was. Rob glanced at her and couldn’t help but to smile. They had been married for a year now, counting the three in which she was in a coma, and he was just so happy. He was aware that she didn’t know how happy she made him feel, but as long as she was happy, he was happy too.

He grabbed her hand and squeezed it, she squeezed his back. They were a hell of a team and they had gone through a lot, so they knew that they could trust each other for pretty much everything.

“Patrícia Riverdale.” Paty gasped once she heard her name. She took a few minutes to assimilate the situation and then she stood up reluctantly. Robert was already standing up and they walked into the doctor’s office hand in hand, expecting for anything.

“Please, sit down.” The doctor said, his expression very non-revealing. “I have extremely good news.” He smiled widely.

Paty gasped again clutching her mouth with her hands as tears ran down her eyes and Rob embraced her with a huge smile.

“Your cancer cells are completely gone and your heart is functioning well.” The doctor said happily as Rob stood up to hug him.

Paty stood a few moments later and hugged him. “What about that other subject?” She whispered into his ear.

“Your body is ready, you can proceed when you want.” The doctor whispered back as they shared a look and then Paty returned to Rob’s side.

**************


“What was that with the Doctor?” Rob asked as they left the hospital.

Paty turned to him so their eyes locked “Nothing, love. Why?” She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

“I just have this feeling… there was this moment when you were hugging him, I thought you both were whispering.” Rob said looking into the sky “You know, you can tell me anything Paty.”

“Well…” Paty bit her bottom lip as they sat inside Rob’s car. “Truth is that since day one that I had been asking him about one thing… It’s related to my body and it was something that really scared me, so now I asked him.”

“What is it?”

“I-I…” Paty blushed madly as she took a deep breath and stared into her hands “From the beginning, what concerned me the most, aside from probably dying, was if I could have children after the Chemo.” Paty said feeling awkward “Turns out, I can.” She said as she smiled weakly. Now her other fear came to her mind: what if Rob didn’t want children?

Robert was caught by surprise and he smiled widely as he pulled her into a kiss. “You barely speak about this. Are you in a hurry to be a mommy?” He grinned.

“No, I was just curious. I needed to know.” Paty said feeling more confident and secure.

She didn’t mean to put any kind of pressure on Robert. She was just happy that she would eventually be a mom someday and she wanted him to be the father of her children.

**************


Later that week, Paty and Rob took Paty’s mom, Jonas, Gaby and Charlie for a walk around London and as they sat for dinner, Jonas became anxious.

“What’s up?” Paty asked trying to be as discreet as possible and sense they were sitting next to each other, that was easy.

“Oh nothing.” Jonas said innocently as he glanced at Gaby, who was blushing madly.

Paty grinned and her eyes lightened up as she winked at Rob, confusing him. He had no idea of what was going on, neither did Paty but she had already imagine 6 different possibilities in her mind which made her grew more and more excited.

“Gaby, she won’t stop.” Jonas laughed as Paty was smiling widely while jumping on her chair lowly, very excitedly.

Gaby sighed “I know, look at her.” She laughed and then Jonas took Gaby’s hand.

“We have an announcement.” Jonas started.

“We are moving to New York in three months.” Gaby smiled as she leaned her head against Jonas’s shoulder.

“But before that, we are leaving with a blast because…”

“We are getting married first.” Gaby grinned as she showed her wedding ring.

Paty jumped completely from her chair and hugged Jonas and Gaby simultaneously, with excitement and happiness. “You’re getting married!” She cheered happily as Charlie joined them in their bear hug and Rob stood next to Jonas and Paty’s mom, who was clapping her hands at the good news.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
The next chapter will be the last and I will take my time to write it, because it's my farewell to this story that exists for over a year now.
Comment and let me know what you think of the story so far.
Thank you for all the subscriptions and comments :)