Status: Active

You're Holding My Heart

15

“Hello?” Paty asked she picked up her phone.

“Hey Bear!” Kellan said excitedly.

Minutes of enthusiastic laughter followed and once Paty was able to calm down, Kellan asked her if Charlie was in her house in London.

“No Bear. I’m actually packing to go to Lisbon, Charlie and I are going to help Gaby organize her wedding… Is something wrong?” Paty asked as Robert started bringing their suitcases down.

“No… no, don’t worry.” Kellan said and Paty immediately noticed a hint of failure in his voice.

“Kel? What happened?” She asked.

“I need to talk to Charlie and she’s been avoiding me.”

Paty wasn’t a nosy friend so she didn’t mess in her friend’s relationships but the fact that Kellan and Charlie were going through a bad time, saddened her a lot.

“I see, don’ t worry. When I get to Lisbon, I’ll talk to her. I promise.” Paty said reassuring him, she had never heard Kellan sound so sad and defeated.

~~~~


“How should I start the conversation?” Paty asked bluntly as Rob and her were waiting for their suitcases at the Lisbon Airport.

“Well, begin by asking her how she is and then eventually mention Kellan.” He said with a blank expression, he wasn’t the best at this kind of thing and he wished Paty would get so worried about solve everyone else’s problem when they had their own.

Ever since the day she told him she wanted to be a mother, she became a bit strange. He wasn’t sure why but he felt too awkward about asking her, he didn’t know exactly what to do.

~~~~


“Jojo! Mom!” Paty greeted hugging them both.

“Where’s your husband?” Her mother asked, surprised that Rob wasn’t with Paty.

“He’s in my house, he has some things to work on. Where are the girls?” Paty replied.

Truthfully, Paty wasn’t okay with telling Rob that she wanted children. She knew she had to tell him but she wasn’t sure if she had done it in the best way.

“Gaby and Charlie went shopping.” Jonas said as Paty nodded and called them so they could meet up.

~~~~


“Paty!” Gaby and Charlie yelled in unison as the three of them shared a group hug.

“What are we doing here?” Paty asked as they were standing in front of a bridal boutique.
“Your wedding is only two months from now, right?”

“No, it’s going to be in a month. We changed everything. We can’t wait.” Gaby smiled as they entered the boutique and she started checking the dresses.

As Gaby was busy with the dresses, Paty took the chance to talk to Charlie.

“Charlie, how are you? We haven’t talked in ages.” Paty said smiling sweetly.

“I’m not that okay…” Charlie said honestly as Paty frowned almost immediately. Both Charlie and Kellan were sad but somehow they couldn’t fix things amongst each other.

“Tell me what’s up.” Paty encouraged.

“It’s about Kel. I-I love him so much Paty but he can hardly spend any time with me.” Charlie said her eyes filling up with tears.

“Oww, silly Charlie.” Paty said hugging her as her eyes were also watering up “I know it isn’t easy to be away from the person you love, but believe me that when he has free time, he’ll be all yours.” She whispered as Charlie hugged her tightly.

“I need to call him.” She said as both of them were smiling.

~~~~


The dress was picked, the cake was ordered, the flowers and arrangements prepared, the invitations sent. Gaby and Jonas were going to spend their last night together as boyfriend and girlfriend. Regarding Charlie, Kel promised to attend the wedding with her so he could arrive at any minute.

On the other hand, Paty was feeling horrible. She had been feeling slightly sick and dizzy for the past three days and she didn’t know why. She was lying on her bed with her back against the mattress as Rob was lying on his side and staring intently at her and as he gazed at her stomach he noticed that there was a small bump in it. He raised is head and scratched his eye as he rubbed her stomach with his hand.

“Rob?” Paty called supporting on her elbows “What’s wrong?” She asked as he sat on the bed, near her feet with his hands on the sides of his face.

“P-Paty… Remember when you told me that you had been feeling sick and dizzy?”

“Yes.”

“Remember when you told me that your period was late?”

Paty widened her eyes and sat up immediately, staring at her stomach “Y-You think it’s possible?”

Rob bite his bottom lip and nodded affirmatively with his head “Honestly, I stopped using condoms after you told me that you wanted to have a child.”

Paty smiled widely, embraced him and kissed his lips “I stopped taking the pill.” She said.

“Are you telling me that we both took the conscious decision of having children without talking to each other?” He laughed as he caressed her cheek.
“I think so.” She laughed as he embraced her tightly, kissing her lips passionately.

“Do you have test?” He asked barely able to control his excitement. The idea of parenting was scary but mostly happy in his mind.

Paty crawled out of bed and went into the bathroom. Rob waited impatiently outside and when she opened the bathroom door, she started jumping and yelling in celebration.

“I’M PREGNANT!” She announced as Rob started laughing happily and jumped from the bed, locking her in his arms as he span her around gently.

“You’re going to be a mommy…” He said resting his forehead in hers.

“You’re going to be a daddy.” Paty said with the brightest smile he had ever seen as then she kissed his lips sweetly.

~~~~


“Paty, what happened? Your smile is much bigger than usual.” Gaby asked as she was standing while Paty helped her get into her wedding dress.

“I’m just happy!” Paty said smiling.

She wasn’t just happy, she was hysterical. Everything she wanted and hoped for was really happening and she could hardly believe it.

“And you’re ready.” Paty said as she immediately softened at the sight of Gaby.

As Gaby and her father talked for a few minutes, Paty was composing Charlie, who had the saddest expression in her face because Kellan wasn’t there yet.

“He’ll come.” Paty reassured her pressing her hands against Charlie’s shoulders.

Charlie looked up and made an effort to smile at her but the pout in her lips was undeniable, when suddenly Rob appeared with Kel behind him both of them running like maniacs because the four of them were supposed to enter first with Gaby and her father following them since Charlie and Kel were Gaby’s godparents and Paty and Robert with Jonas’s.

Charlie’s eyes brightened immediately as she ran to Kel’s embrace.

“I made it on time.” He panted as he kissed her lips softly.

Charlie hugged him tightly and they stood there for a few minutes whispering things to each other.

“Hello beautiful.” Rob said as Paty blushed and placed her arm around his waist.

“Hey, handsome.” She said as she rested her head against his shoulder and he kissed her head.

“Have you told anyone?” He whispered.

“Not yet, it’s Gaby’s moment not mine.” Paty said as they exchanged glances and Robert nodded.

Suddenly the church doors opened and Charlie and Kel walked in first with him holding her arm. As Paty and Robert stood next to each other he took her hand in his.

“Let’s do this like we do everything: together.”

Paty smiled widely and as they stepped into the church, she knew that this was the life she had always dreamed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone!
And this is how this story ends. I really want to thank you all for reading and subscribing and I want to give a special thank you to everyone who commented.
I hope you like the ending, as much as, I do :)