Status: Active

You're Holding My Heart

9

Kellan’s P.O.V

“Rob is coming in the next flight, her mom and Jonas too.” Ashley said sitting beside Jackson with a sad expression.

“Patrícia Riverdale?” The doctor asked coming into the waiting room.

“Yes, it’s us!” I said immediately going towards him.

“Are you family?” He asked.

“No we’re all here in vacation, please just tell us what’s going on.” I pleaded.

“Well she is still being tested but we found a very strange mark in her chest that could be a melanoma. If it is confirmed it’s a sign of cancer specially if we also consider the chest pain that might be associated to either the heart or the lungs.”

By now we were all looking at him with our mouths hanging open. There was no way in hell Paty had cancer, it couldn’t be.

“Is she awake?” Ashley asked as I closed my hands into fists and tried to stay positive.

“Yes, you can go in.” The doctor said.

I hurried after him and entered the room was Paty was lying down.

“Finally!” She said with a big smile.

“How do you feel?” I asked grabbing her hand.

“I feel fine, it wasn’t a heart attack but now I’m doing all these kinds of exams. I hope you didn’t alert Rob and my family, I bet it’s nothing serious.” Paty said still smiling while grabbing my hand.

I looked her in the eyes and I saw that they were sparkling, she had been crying but she didn’t want to do it in front of us.

“They are all coming.” Jackson said.

“Really? Oh.. at least I can see them.” Paty smiled again as I grabbed tighter onto her hand while taking a deep breath.

She looked into my eyes and smiled softly at me, somehow she wanted to give me strength. Deep down she knew what was going on but she knew she had to fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m her boyfriend!” We heard yelling outside the room.

Paty was sleeping peacefully and we had luck that they let us stay with her during the night. Suddenly Rob bursted into the room and he let out a sigh of relief.

“How is she?” He asked as I gave him my place by her bed stand and he grabbed her hand while caressing her forehead.

“She has no pain but the results must be coming at any time.” I said.

“Her mom is outside with Jonas, they’ll get in later.” Rob said.

“We can get out.” I said.

“No, no. You’re her family too.” Rob reassured me as I took a seat on the floor.

A few minutes later her mom got in almost screaming for her baby but she immediately shut up when she saw she was sleeping. Jonas sat in a corner with their mother, trying to calm her down but she wouldn’t stop crying. The rest of the night was silent.

In the morning I was the first person to wake up but I remained silent, honestly I hadn’t slept much because I was nervous. Slowly everyone started waking up and Rob hadn’t slept either, he had spent the night grabbing Paty’s hand and caressing her face hoping she would wake up until she eventually did.

“Honey…” She said slowly as Rob smiled at her and kissed her lips softly.

“Hello love. How do you feel?” He asked.

“I’m good, no pain fortunately.” She said her hands grabbing his.

Suddenly the doctor came in and everyone in the floor stood up as he went made his way towards Paty.

“Good morning. I have your results.” He announced all of us making a circle around the bed.

“You have a very rare kind of cancer, heart cancer.” I watched Paty grab tight onto Rob, tears streaming down her face as her mom also started crying.

“It isn’t much developed but the pain you felt yesterday is related to it and it must be fought right away.”

“How?” Jojo asked also shaking.

“Chemotherapy is the best solution, surgery is too dangerous and the transplant will take too long, the lists are enormous.”

“I’ll do it.” Paty said breaking the silence, her face was soaking wet but she was determined.

“It’s a severe treatment.” The doctor explained.

“I know, but I’m not giving up.” She said looking at Rob, who nodded at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paty’s P.O.V

A week later I felt fine but my life was about to change drastically. I had cancer and the only way to fight it was by injecting chemicals into my body, chemicals that were going to make me wish that I was dead.

I was in London and about to start my treatment at a local hospital. I had informed the crew of New Moon and the upcoming Eclipse that we needed to have a meeting to discuss my health situation but in my plans I wasn’t giving up on anything.

“Are you ready?” Rob asked grabbing my hand in his.

“I think so.” I said letting go of his hand and placing mine around his waist while he placed his in my shoulder.

We walked slowly to what was going to be my first Chemo session, I had another doctor super visioning the treatment while my Australian doctor got the updates.

I sat in a comfortable blue chair while one of my sleeves rolled up and a nurse prepped me and it went for about 2 hours, Rob spent that time reading a book and after that we went eating even though I wasn’t feel hungry.

“What about your movie hun?” I said with wide eyes, remembering all of a sudden.

“I’m going next weekend, but you’re coming with me. I’m not leaving you alone.” Rob said.

“Rob, you know I’m not supposed to travel.” I said running my hand through his hair.

“I don’t care, I won’t do the movie if that’s it.” He said very seriously.

“You’re not giving up. Kel can take care of me for three days.” I suggested.

I didn’t want any of us to give up on anything because I was sick. This was Robert’s career and he couldn’t just drop out of a movie like that, he was going to finish it.

“I’m your boyfriend, I should take care of you.” Rob insisted as we stopped in the middle of the street. Rob was in front of me and once again I noticed how tall he is in comparison to me.

“Rob it’s not about that. I can’t let you drop out of the movie.” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

“Why Paty? It’s my decision!” Rob said, his voice raising slightly.

“Why? Because I don’t want to feel guilty! I don’t want to look back and see another actor take your place and know that it was my fault!” I replied trying to control how shaky my hands were getting but the tears streamed down my eyes as Rob pulled me into a hug.

“I’m sorry. You’re right.” He said in my ear as I grabbed onto him tighter, crying my eyes out.

I didn’t want him away because I was scared but I couldn’t be selfish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’ll be back soon.” Rob said.

“Go get them.” I said as he caressed my hair and kissed me sweetly.

He picked his bag hesitantly and closed the door softly behind his back.

“I love you.”

I took a deep breath and walked to the window so I could watch him leave. I still didn’t know how I convinced him to go but he was going. Kel was going to stop by tonight hopefully with movies or something for us to do.

The Chemo had started making its effect due to the abdominal pain, weakness and occasional dizziness I felt. Rob only had a slight idea because I put up a good act so he left with a little bit of a tranquilized mind.

Suddenly the door bell rang and when I peeked through the small whole I saw Taylor on the other side. I took another deep breath, I didn’t want to hurt Taylor but I didn’t love him. He knew it but something made him insist.

“What do you want?” I asked after he pressed the darn bell another two times.

“I just want to see how you are.” He said sounding sad.

I hesitantly opened the door.

“Well here I am.” I said opening the door just enough for him to see me.

“You lost weight and you’re pale.” Taylor said reaching his hand forward but I moved so he didn’t touch me.

“Taylor don’t make me say it again. I appreciate your concern but I think you should leave.” I said calmly, pushing the door to close it when Taylor forced the door open almost making me lose balance.

“I’m sick of you treating me like that.” He said coming closer to me.

“Taylor get out of my house!” I demanded as he looked hurt.

“I don’t want to hurt you.” Taylor said quickly pushing me against him, forcing our lips to join as I tried to push him back but he was stronger.

“Not this again!” I heard Kellan’s voice which made Taylor let me go and I fell to the ground for weakness.

“You idiot!” Kellan yelled grabbing Taylor by the collar of his shirt and throwing him out, closing the door right after.

“Paty!” He called kneeling down as I placed my arm around his shoulder and he lifted me in his arms taking me to the couch.

“Did he hurt you?” Kel asked looking deeply at me as I tried to escape my shock.

“No, he just keeps insisting. I don’t understand. I love Robert, he knows it.” I said still perplexed that Taylor didn’t give up.

“Bear… you have to worry about yourself now. Fuck Taylor.” Kel said making me laugh a little but then the pain reminding me that I couldn’t laugh like I used to.
♠ ♠ ♠
So was anyone expecting this?
Please comment guys, I really need some support!
I'm sorry for the lack of updates but I just finish the 12th grade and college is approaching, so I'll be updating when I can!
Thank you subscribers, readers and those who comment!