Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Craving More than Just Chocolate

“I want chocolate.” I stated, turning to Danny the next morning. Rachel had already left for work about an hour ago, needing to be there for 10 to be the receptionist for the popular fashion magazine known as Prestige. She loved her job.

“What do you mean you want chocolate?” Danny asked, walking into the kitchen with his hand in his hair, trying to untangle a large knot. “It’s 10 o’clock in the morning and you want chocolate for breakfast? How about some cereal.” Danny said, handing me a bowl after he got the knot out. I scrunched up my face in disgust and handed the bowl back.

“No thanks.” I said, walking over to the fridge and pulling out one of the Hershey’s bars. I unwrapped it and smiled in excitement as I took a bite. How can just plain old chocolate taste so good? “Mmm,” I muttered, taking a seat beside Danny, who was gawking at me. “What? Don’t mind me. Just eat your cereal.” I ordered and he just chuckled.

“Oh really?” he asked with a cheeky smile and I felt my cheeks heat up as he grabbed my hand that was holding the chocolate bar, pulling it toward his mouth. He took a large bite and smiled before he turned back to his cereal, letting going of my hand. “Yum, chocolate.” I watched in awe at him before I quickly looked away, hoping he hadn’t noticed. I felt butterflies in my stomach and so I took a deep breath. Why was I feeling like this?

“So, when’s Chel getting home?” I asked, trying to avert my mind from him. He turned to me before he shrugged his shoulders.

“I’m not sure. She works until 6, so around 7 I guess.” Danny shrugged, before finishing up the last of his cereal, putting the bowl in the sink. I finished my chocolate before I stood and tossed it in the bin. I followed Danny out of the kitchen and into the living room, sitting beside him on the couch as he turned on some cartoons.

“Hey Niccy,” Danny began, before turning his attention down to his pajama bottoms, playing with the string around his waist. I turned to him, waiting for him to continue. But he didn’t. “Never mind.” He said, shaking his head. I leaned toward him, placing my hand on his, causing him to look up at me. He looked kind of confused. Lost, maybe.

“What?” I asked, urging him to continue. He shook his head. I let out a soft laugh, “Danny, what?”

“It’s about you…and your baby.” He coughed, obviously finding it a little awkward to say. I nodded, waiting for him to continue with his question. This should be interesting. “How far along are you?” He asked, and I looked down at the tiny bump forming. I rubbed it softly.

“Just about 2 months.” I whispered, smiling softly.

“Have you told anybody other than me?” he asked, and I shook my head slowly. “Not even one of your friends back home?” he asked, and I shrugged.

“Just you and my parents know. I have never had any other friends. Just Rachel.” I shrugged, looking down and playing with my ripped jeans I had decided to wear today.

“Then why can’t you tell her?” he asked, and I sighed softly.

“You don’t understand.” I whispered. “I don’t want her to know, because then she’ll tell Dougie. And then Dougie will tell Harry, who will tell Tom. And then everyone will know. I can’t have everyone knowing until I decide I’m going to seriously keep it.” I said, and Danny looked up at me quickly.

“You mean you might not want to keep it?” he asked, and I shrugged. I’ve thought about it numerous times. How could I keep it? I have no money, I have no home anymore, and how will I raise it? It just seems like a ridiculous idea. A ridiculous responsibility. “You have to!” Danny exclaimed, throwing his hands up. I fell back into the couch, shocked at his expression. “Niccy, it is your child. Your creation. You can’t get rid of it.” Danny whispered, and I looked down. He had a point.

“How would I raise it, huh Danny? I don’t have a stable home, and I would need help. This is just a ridiculous responsibility. I can’t afford it and I just…this is just stupid.“ I muttered, wiping my eyes as I started to get light headed. What have I gotten myself into by telling him?

“Niccy, listen to me. This is not ridiculous. This is not stupid. Once you tell everyone else, you will have all of the help you need. You have a home too, here. Everyone will help you. Especially me.” His voice spoke softly on those last two words, causing me to look up at him. He smiled at me, causing my heart to go into frenzy. Just those simple words make me so happy, and I’m not so sure why. I felt my cheeks heat up has he raised his hand, pushing the lonely curl lying across my cheek, behind my ear. But the thing was…he never moved his hand from atop my blushing cheeks. “I’ll always be here for you.” He whispered.

“Okay.” I felt like I was obligated to answer, so that’s what I came up with. I wasn’t sure what else I should have said, considering he had me hypnotized under his bright blue eyes. He seemed to be leaning closer, and I didn’t know what to do. I felt like I couldn’t move. Then all of a sudden, our lips were millimeters apart. I could feel his hot, shaky breath fly across my lips, sending shivers down my spine. I placed my hand on my stomach protectively, slowly closing my eyes. My lips started to tremble as I found that I craved him. I needed him.

Then our lips touched. It felt like I was going to explode as his lips moved together with mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he wrapped his around my waist. I got lost in the kiss, when all of a sudden my stomach started to feel queasy. Not like I was going to throw up, but it just felt…like I shouldn’t be doing this. It was like it was telling me not to do this.

“I’m sorry.” I quickly whispered, before I jumped off of the couch and made my way up the stairs, feeling my pace quicken as he was out of site now. I made my way to my room, closing the door behind me. What has gotten into me?