Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Like It Didn't Even Happen

After an hour or so, I decided to go back downstairs to talk to Danny. I felt like a coward for running. But I knew that this was wrong. He kissed me because he was feeling sorry for me. “Dan?” I called softly, hearing multiple voices in the kitchen. I followed their voices, looking into the kitchen to find the whole band making lunch. Well, Tom was making lunch and the other three were just standing around, watching.

“Oh hey!” Danny called, turning with a smile. I turned my head to the side for a second, confused. I thought he’d be sad, mad, upset or something! But he seemed perfectly fine. Like it didn’t even happen. I smiled softly at him and the others.

“Hey Dan, Doug, Tom, and Harry.” I smiled, thankful that I had decided to change into normal clothes before coming down. I made sure to wear a larger shirt since my stomach has already grown, even if it was just a little grown out. Anyone could have mistaken it for me getting fat or something. I took a seat at the kitchen table after they had all said hello to me, and just watched them. Dougie and Harry were fighting over what band was better; Blink 182 or The Used, and Danny was trying to help Tom cook a chicken pot pie. After a few moments, Danny gave up since he had messed it up twice already, and took a seat next to me. Tom was thankful.

“I’m sorry.” Danny whispered, and I looked over, raising an eyebrow. I was surprised he was talking about it right here, in front of all of his friends. But Tom was too busy cooking, and Dougie and Harry were fighting loud enough that they won’t even be able to hear us, even if we were yelling too. “I got carried away. Just forget about it, yeah?” he asked, and I nodded slowly.

“Its fine, and okay. Sorry I ran.” I whispered back and Danny just shook his head with a smile. I looked up then, watching Tom as he put the pot pie in the oven. He was such a good cook. Almost every day, Danny and Dougie leave their apartment at around 11 to go to Tom’s, Harry showing up soon after. Either it was because they were too lazy to cook for themselves, or they just can’t stand living apart. I’m pretty sure it’s both.

“Twenty minutes and it should be ready.” Tom smiled, and I smiled too. He took a seat beside me and I sighed, thankful that I actually had a handful of people to call my friends. I looked down, playing with my fingers. I was a wreck inside, though. I couldn’t believe myself for not telling Rachel right away. We promised to tell each other everything. She even called me last year about a pregnant scare. And I can’t even tell her the most important thing in my life right now. I sighed. “You okay?” Tom asked, and I looked up. “Why is your hand on your stomach?” He asked, and I just sat there, confused. I hadn’t noticed that my hand was placed on my stomach.

“I just feel a little…nauseous. I’m fine though.” I whispered, and Tom nodded slowly. But it was true, I did feel nauseous. And I had a slight headache. And backache. But I pushed it to the back of my mind, knowing they were just symptoms. “Excuse me.” I whispered, standing up from the table and walking into the living room slowly.

I took a seat on the couch and just sat their, staring off into space. Oddly, I felt wicked tired. I took the opportunity and turned so I was lying across the couch. I moved the pillow to under my head and just sighed softly, closing my eyes. I was slowly falling asleep when I felt a hand touch my face softly, pushing a hair behind my ear. “Get some rest.” I heard the person whisper, before they placed a blanket over me. The next thing I knew, I was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoa, this one's super short. well, it'll get more interesting than this:)