Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Incoming Calls Ruin Everything

“It's not about what can get in; it's about what's already here.” I quickly hid my face in a pillow as another scream on the screen sounded, making everyone in the room jump. Tom and Harry were each in a recliner, me and Danny were on one couch, while Rachel and Dougie were cuddled on another. We’re right in the middle of the movie Rachel and Dougie rented; Toolbox Murders; and I was scared shitless. Danny had his arm over my shoulder, and every time I was afraid, I’d fall into his lap, covering my face with the pillow. He thought it was hilarious…

“Niccy, calm down. It’s just a movie.” Danny whispered, and so I looked up at him. I slowly pulled the pillow from my face and looked him in the eyes. There was a scream in the background and yet I didn’t even notice it, I was paying too much attention to Danny’s eyes. A smile grew on his lips, causing me to smile too. I bit my lip, and turned back to the movie. I knew I was getting attached, but I just kept telling myself I couldn’t. I’m having a baby, I can’t fall for him now.

“A scary movie.” I muttered. Rachel and Dougie had turned to us then, noticing Danny’s arm wrapped around my shoulder. Rachel winked at me, and I rolled my eyes. She had pulled me away when I had come down earlier with Danny before the movie, asking me what was going on between the two of us. I just kept telling her that he was turning into my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less. She continuously told me she noticed how we looked at each other, and I just kept telling her to not worry about us. We were just friends.

But that did make my mind wander for the rest of the movie. Did I like Danny like that? Sure, he was the nicest guy who’s ever talked to me; sweet, caring, gorgeous, and he knew the most important thing in my life. I trusted him more than I trusted myself. But that didn’t mean I was falling for him. I looked up at him, his blue eyes sparkling as he paid special attention to the movie. He noticed me staring at him and looked over, cracking me a huge smile, before he turned back to the movie. It was a good thing the lights were out, or else he’d see the way my cheeks had turned a crimson color.

I looked down at my stomach, cursing to myself about the mistake I’ve made. I knew that I had gotten myself into this mess, and I just had to get myself out. I needed to tell Rachel, and I made a promise to myself that I’d tell her tomorrow. No matter what, I’m telling her tomorrow. I ran my hand over my stomach, sighing as it had started to grow now. I knew it’d happen eventually, that everyone’ll never, and it made me nervous. I can’t have everyone know. They’ll all judge me, call me a slut, and just drop me to the face of the earth. I was afraid for the worst, and I hated how my mind got carried away sometimes.

“Niccy,” Danny whispered, catching my attention. “Is that your phone?” he added, and I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. I forgot my cell phone existed for a few minutes, seeing it vibrate on the table in between both of the couches. Of course, it was situated between Danny and Rachel. I saw the name flashing on the screen; home; and I felt confused. Why were they calling me? I thought, maybe she just wanted to see if I’ve given up already. I rolled my eyes.

“Can you-” I was just about to ask for my phone when my eyes grew wide as Rachel began to reach for it to bring it up to her ear. I felt my body lung forward onto Danny’s lap, reaching for the ringing mobile that was now in Rachel’s hand. “Rachel! No!” I exclaimed as she pushed the phone to her ear, speaking in an angered tone,

“Hello?” She pierced her lips closed, flailing her nostrils. “No, this is Rachel.” I bit my lip, tears pricking at the back of my eyes. If they say anything about the baby then I’m screwed. I turned to Danny quickly and shook my head, before I jumped forward again for the phone.

“Rach, hang up! Please!” I explained, everyone in the room looking at me now. I was still placed on Danny’s lap, tears boring in the back of my eyes as Rachel’s face turned a light shade of while. “Rachel, please.” I begged.

“What are you talking about ‘baby’?” She asked, completely confused. I dug my face into my hands, leaning into Danny as my whole world collapsed. I knew that I had to tell her now, since my parents have just ruined this for me. I was going to ease it on her, but I have no choice now. “She didn’t tell me what?” I looked at Danny first, shaking my head as I tear slipped from my eyes. I then turned to Harry, Tom, and Dougie, all sitting confused as ever, looking toward me and my stomach. I then turned to Rachel, who was holding my phone far from her face, the most incredulous look in her eye. “Pregnant?” she whispered to me.

“I’m sorry, I…” I tried to speak but I couldn’t, as a huge sob took place. I thought she was going to run from the room…yell at me…do something. But all she did was drop my phone and run over to me, pulling me into a hug. I stood up, wrapping my arms around her as the tears took over.

“You’re pregnant?” Tom, Harry, and Dougie said at the same time, dumfound completely. But we ignored them,

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she whispered, and I bit my lip, tears pouring from my red eyes. I shrugged, pulling away as I shook my head, unable to speak.

“She was afraid you’d be mad and kick her out…just like her parents had.” Danny whispered, standing up and wrapping his arms around me as I pulled away. I turned to her, wiping my eyes as I was wrapped up in Danny’s arms.

“I would never do that.” Rachel said, smiling softly at me. “I just…I can’t believe you didn’t tell me.” She muttered, and I felt completely guilty. I felt like the worst person in the world. Keeping this big of a secret from her. “And you told Danny?” she asked.

“He…he found out, like the week I moved in. I’m sorry. I just…I needed to tell someone and I was afraid you’d get mad at me for ruining my life…and I keep pushing telling you and I just…I couldn’t get myself to.” I rambled. I turned to Danny and sighed. “I’m so sorry Rachel.”

“How far along are you?” she asked, looking toward my stomach. I placed my hand on it, rubbing softly.

“I think I just got to 3 months. I’m almost toward the second trimester.” I nodded, wiping the last of my tears.

“Don’t worry, Niccy. We can get through this. Me, Danny, Dougie, Tom, and Harry are here for you. Right guys?” Rachel said, turned to them. They all let out exaggerated agreements and I finally felt happy. Finally they all knew. I took a seat on the couch, Rachel sitting beside me as the guys all left for the kitchen. I turned to her, and wrapped my arms around her still frame.

“I should have told you sooner.” I whispered, ashamed.

“Niccy, don’t worry. I know now, that’s all that matter. I just…I can’t wait to be an aunt!” she exclaimed, causing me to laugh with a smile. I placed my hand on my stomach and felt something, causing me to gasp in delight. I turned to Rachel with a grin. “What? What happened?” she asked, and I grabbed her hand, placing it on my growing stomach.

“You can feel her move.” I whispered, smiling softly to myself. She turned to me with wide eyes, feeling it too. She screamed happily, pulling me into a hug.

“Niccy this is…amazing. I know you’re young, but we can do this together. Plus, we have the guys too. Wait, how do you know it’s a girl?” She asked, and I just smiled softly.

“I just have a feeling.”