Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Falling

“Danny…do you feel that?” I whispered, grabbing his hand and placing it on the spot right beside my belly button. It’s been a month since I’ve told Rachel, and she’s been really supportive. A few nights after, I told her everything that had happened to me with Damien and how I’ve been doing for the past 4 months with my pregnancy. She was really upset over the fact that my parents just kicked me out with any word, and I was too. She also said how she left stupid that she never noticed since my stomach had grown so much already.

My life was perfect at the moment though, having all of my friends that are more supportive than I thought they’d be. I had Rachel on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and I had Danny every day after just to help me incase I can hardly move. Dougie, Tom, and Harry would show up unannounced just to say “hi” and hang out with me. They made me feel loved and like I had nothing to worry about. My friends were the best things that had ever happened to me, and I couldn’t be any more grateful.

“Feel wh-” he stopped mid sentence as my baby let out another kick. I felt my lips form into a grin as his face slowly dropped from confusion and formed into a smile too. “Oh wow, Niccy.” He whispered, placing his hand firmer on my stomach. I felt her kick again and I just smiled. Danny’s expression was exactly the same as mine now; completely and utterly ecstatic. He looked me in the eyes and I felt butterflies form in the pit of my stomach.

Ever since we had accidently kissed, I’ve just wanted to do it again. Danny had been helping me so much lately and I couldn’t help but let my heart get carried away and fall head over heels for him. I was hoping that my pregnancy wasn’t just making me lonely and want a guy just to have and hold. I knew that deep down, I was falling. And I hoped, deep within my soul, that he felt that way too.

“That’s so amazing, Niccy. I can’t…I can’t believe there’s a life in you.” He whispered, and I nodded slowly. I knew it was amazing, and it scared me that I’ve been walking around with another life in me. If I fell, I’d lose it. If I walked too fast, I’d get dizzy. I always felt like I shouldn’t be moving at all, in case I’d injure her in any way. I turned to Danny with a soft smile.

“It’s so surreal.” I whispered, rubbing my stomach softly. Danny placed his hand over mine, and I looked up at him with a huge smile, butterflies setting off again. My stomach then let out a loud grown, showing that I was hungry. We both had busted out laughing then, and I blushed deeply. “How embarrassing…” I whispered, causing Danny to laugh again.

“I’m hungry too.” he stated and I nodded with a smile. Tapping my chin, I grinned with an idea.

“Tom?” I called out, a sigh evident in my voice. Tom showed up in the doorway to my room in a heartbeat, confusion on his features. Either he was confused because Danny’s hand was still placed firmly on my exposed stomach, or he was just confused that I had called him when Danny was sat right beside me. “Could you do me a massive favor?” I asked, and he nodded his head slowly.

“Depends. Though it better not have to do with me and Dougie…and last Saturday because we are not making a reenactment of what happened AGAIN, because I for one-“ Danny and I had busted out laughing by then, causing Tom to blush drastically.

“No worries, TomTom, I was just going to ask if you could order us a pizza!” I smiled, and Tom rolled his eyes with a nod. “Well, I would LOVE a large sauseless pizza with ham, pepperoni, green onions, mushrooms, macaroni, and chives please.” I smiled, listing everything off with my fingers. “OH! And bread crumbs. YUM.” I grinned softly, rubbing my stomach with deep hunger.

“Uh, I’ll try to remember all of that…” he said, repeating it back to himself as he went down the stairs to get the phone. I turned to Danny and grinned, tilting my head to the side as his eyebrows were raised.

“What?”

“Jesus, you lost me at ham!” he exclaimed, and I let out a loud laugh.

“He’s my slave.” I stated proudly. Just then, he jumped on me with his hands raised, pressing them to my sides and wiggling them about, making me yelp in laughter. I was really ticklish, and he knew it. I tried to push him away, but I couldn’t as my laughter had gotten the better of me. “Da-nny!” I exclaimed, laughing so hard my eyes were leaking rather than watering.

“Just take it!” he exclaimed, and I laughed even louder. Oh how perverted that sounded. I tried to push his hands away as I fell on my back, his body coming with me. He was kneeling beside me, hovering over as he tired to tickle the life out of me. I tried to push him away, but I still couldn’t. I was laughing so hard that I could hardly breathe; the fact that he was just centimeters from me had that affect too. I was so englossed in my laughter that I didn’t even notice that he had stopped. My laughter died down and I looked him in the eye, his blue orbs smiling back at me.

“Danny-” I started, but I was cut off as his lips had found mine in a heart beat. My eyes were wide with surprise, before they slowly slipped closed. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck as I moaned into his mouth. I had wanted to kiss him for so long, and I wasn’t going to back away again. I had felt the emotions between us and finally, he did something about them.

We pulled away breathlessly and I looked him in the eye, a huge grin finding their way onto my lips. Danny smiled too, before leaning forward and pecking my lips twice. I smiled even wider this time, biting my lip as I felt like my whole body had just relaxed completely by that powerful kiss. Danny blushed deeply, and so did i.

“I’m sorry…I…” he paused and I suddenly felt depressed. Did he regret it? Was it an accident again? We had sat up now, and I was playing with my fingers, trying to avert my eyes from his. “…I couldn’t help myself.” He whispered, causing me to look up with a grin. It wasn’t a mistake…he meant to kiss me.

“Don’t be sorry.” I smiled, shaking my head. He had no reason to be sorry.

“I love you.” He whispered, causing my heart to stop. What?