Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Apologies

“I had a great time this weekend.” I smiled, pulling Damien into a hug. The thing was…I didn’t stay just over night; I stayed from the day I got here; Friday; until right now; Sunday evening. Damien giggled softly, hugging me back. His touch was warm and it caused me to smile in the chilly weather. I was about to get on the train, and Damien had walked me over. He had been attached to me all weekend, practically.

“Believe me, me too. I’ve missed you, Niccy.” He sighed, hugging me close. I don’t know how it happened, but Damien has turning into the most amazing man. He’s nice all of a sudden, sweet, caring, and he actually shows me that he wants to take part in the baby’s life. This past weekend, I’ve been by his side. We went all around my hometown, went to the park, and just hung out…as if it was a normal thing for us. Not once did he try anything, and not once did he turn into an asshole. And I couldn’t even believe myself when I started to feel attracted to him again.

“I’ve missed you too.” I whispered, and we pulled away. He placed his lips on my cheek in a soft kiss and I could feel myself blush.

“Look, Niccy…” he paused, causing me to look up in curiosity. He looked uncertain…and embarrassed. I wasn’t sure about what he was going to say, but the look in his eye made me believe that he was actually…trying to explain himself. “I know I was a completely asshole to you…and I just…I can’t believe that after what I did…to you, this has happened. I know I hurt you; in more ways than one; but I just want to apologize. I didn’t mean for all of this to happen and I just hoped that you could forgive me.” He said, placing a hand on my stomach with a smile.

“Damien…I…” I sighed softly, running my hand through my hair. I placed my hand on my stomach, right beside his, and I felt something strange. “You hurt me.” I whispered, looking up at him. I knew that this was the right time to blow up at him; to call him out for everything that he had done to me…but I couldn’t bring myself to do that. “But…I forgive you. I know it was a mistake…and everybody makes them. It’s just…I will have you in this baby’s life, but you have to know that…you need to be serious with me. I’ll most likely be living with Rachel in London, but that doesn’t mean you won’t meet her. I promise that you will be apart of her life. You just have to promise that you won’t skip out on that.” I sighed, looking over at him. He was looking me in the eye, and it caused me to smile.

“I promise, Niccy.” He whispered, before he placed his lips on my cheek. I knew that it was wrong to forgive him so quickly, but I couldn’t keep this dragged on forever. It was now or never, and I knew that he really wants to be in his baby’s life, and I respect that. I’d want the same thing.

“I should probably get on the train before it leaves without me. I’ll definitely call you, alright?” I whispered, and he nodded slowly. I placed my lips on his cheek and gave him a little peck before I smiled softly and turned my back. Somehow, butterflies appeared in my stomach at the thought of leaving him behind; and I didn’t like it. How can I fall for him all over again if my heart is desired elsewhere?

The second my bottom hit the seat, I looked out the window and toward Damien, who was playing with his fingers with a huge smile on his lips. We waved to one another as the train started off.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's super short... it's really just a filler.
but very necessary :)