Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Gone

“Niccy, please talk to me.” Rachel called from the other side of the door. I sighed softly, looking down at my stomach as another tear slid down my rosy cheeks. It had been a few days since me and Danny had gotten into another fight, and I have absolutely hated it. I just don’t understand how my mind can come up with all of these reasons not to forgive him, yet it was easy to forgive Damien…like he hadn’t done anything to me. What Damien had done was worse, and yet I forgave him. I’m in love with Danny, and I just can’t seem to forgive him.

“Rachel-” I whispered, before the door had busted open. I looked up at my best friend as she ran over to me, pulling me into a comforting hug. I knew that I needed it since the moment I was in her arms, a sob rang out. I hated not talking to her about my problems, and I just wish that I would just tell her everything without her asking. Best friends are supposed to do that.

“Niccy, what happened in Birmingham?” she whispered, causing a choke to ring out through my throat. I pulled away and wiped my tears, ready to spill my secrets.

“I…ran into Damien.” I whispered, causing Rachel to cover her mouth in despair. Everything that had happened during the weekend spilled out between my lips and Rachel just listened; listened to my every word as I explained to her how I had forgiven him so easy. I told her how he was being the perfect friend and she just shook her head. “Rachel, just promise me you wont keep telling me I’m making mistakes, because I know that. Everyone’s telling me I’m making them and I’m aware. I just…I need a friend.” I whispered.

“Niccy, I’m not going to tell you that you seriously fucked up…even though you did…I’m just not going to be a bitch about it.” She muttered, causing me to laugh softly. “But what I don’t get is that you had forgiven Damien right away…after he had raped you and hurt you mentally and physically…and yet you can’t forgive Danny for sleeping with someone else…a simple mistake?” she said, and I looked down in sadness. “How could you have forgiven Damien just like that, but not the same for Danny; whom you love?” she asked, and I shook my head.

“My mind just keeps coming up with reasons to hate him and yet it let Damien slide. I have no idea why. I just…I want to forget about what he had done and start over! I’m sick of being mad at him…I’m sick of our fights.” I whispered, and Rachel nodded slowly.

“Just listen to me when I say this, Niccy…Damien hurt you severely and you forgave him. Now Danny hurt you too…but he’s apologized so many times and he actually means it. He told me about the fight that drew you away and I just have one thing to say…forget about it. I know it’ll be hard, but just wrap your mind around the fact that he waited at the train station for you for 9 hours…just to apologize. Don’t you think he needs your forgiveness?” she whispered, taking a seat on my bed. I took a seat beside her and placed a hand on my stomach.

“What if it’s too late now? I’ve fought with him so many times…and he has to be sick of it now. I would be.” I whispered, looking out the window and at the sun that had been shining in the sky all day. What if I had actually blown it this time? Rachel placed her hand on my shoulder, causing me to look over at her.

“So you’re just going to give up? You’re not going to try to talk to him? If he really loves you, he’ll listen. Just…I can’t stand you two being all upset all of the time. Please go fix it.” She whispered, and I sighed, though a smile had appeared on my face. At that moment, her cell phone began to ring. “Hello? Oh hey Dougie! How are…what? Wait! Slow down, I didn’t hear- Gone? What do you mean, gone?” she stood up from my bed and charged down the stairs, running to the front door. I followed closely behind, grasping my stomach as I had started to fell light headed.

“Rachel, what’s going on? Who’s gone?” I whispered, following behind her as she flew open the front door to Dougie standing there, a frown evident on his features. He pulled Rachel into a hug and I just watched from behind, waiting for them to tell me what’s happening.

“Danny’s gone.” Rachel whispered, before turning to Dougie. “How do you know?”

“Well, he had stormed into the apartment complex a few days ago and he has yet to leave his room. Well, I was on my way home last night and he had been running to his car from the apartment. I asked him where the hell he was going, and all he said was ‘I’m leaving’. He hasn’t been back all day.” Dougie whispered, and I looking down, biting my lip.

“Why would he just leave?” Rachel began to ask, before she turned to me. I was on my way out the door, when she grabbed my arm to pull me back. “Where are you going?” she whispered, and I turned to her.

“Going to fix this.” I whispered, before I turned and left. I knew exactly where he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Niccy's Outfit
ooooh snapp. :)
more soon!
coming to an end D: