Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Nowhere Else To Go

Buying train tickets in the middle of the night was not my ideal plan for a Friday night. Usually I just hide out in my room, with a jug of ice cream, watching reruns of Friends or Supernatural. Never did I plan to have two bags slung over my shoulder, in the middle of the rain, waiting for the next train to London. Nor did I plan this to happen two hours after I had told my parents about the developing human-being inside of me. Viably, I think you can connect their reaction.

“All aboard – 23:30 train to London, UK.” The speakers cracked, and I cradled one of my bags in my arms, the other slung over my shoulder, as I shuffled over to the train. I felt abandoned, homeless, and shamed upon as I claimed my seat, the tears settling on my cheeks. And no longer did I feel these emotions – did they actually come true. I was abandoned, homeless, and shamed upon by the two people I thought would love me forever – no matter how dumb and clueless I acted. I guess I was wrong.

The train finally left the stop and I settled back, my bags beside me as I watched my town fly by. Two and a half hours until I reached the one person that would take me under their wing – the one person that I knew wouldn’t disown me like my parents had. I could trust her.

I fell asleep after a few moments from exhaustion, being awoken again by the speakers telling everyone on board that there were a few minutes until we stopped. I grabbed all of my things and wiped a few tears as the doors slid open, watching the two other people on board get off, me fallowing in toe. I carried all of my bags out of the train station and tried to flag down a taxi, pulling my phone out to check the time. The train ran a little late and it was now about a half an hour past midnight. “Perfect.” I muttered, stuffing my phone in my pocket and running my hand through my hair – that was now soaked since the rain had picked up.

I finally flagged down a taxi and got in, telling him my best friend’s address and sitting back – relieved to have finally made it here. I was long past tired and I just wanted a bed to crash in – but the driver told me that we’d get to my friends house in 10 to 20 minutes. I sighed in annoyance and laid my head on the back of the seat.

“Here we are, Love.” The driver finally announced, pulling up to a cute little house. I was kind of amazed, seeing as I haven’t seen Rachel since she had moved in here just last year, leaving me alone to finish up school. I handed the cab driver some cash and hopped out, the little money I had left being stuffed in my pocket again. I grabbed all of my bags and shuffled up to the front doors, looking up at the building before me as the taxi drove off.

Looking through the glass in front of the window – I saw no sight of Rachel. Biting my lip, I knocked softly, looking down at my old converse, standing on a blue ‘welcome’ mat. I turned slightly to look at the many apartments down the road, mixed in with a few houses similar to Rachel’s. The door opened suddenly and I spun around to face it, dropping my bags as my green eyes met a pair of piercing blue ones. I looked the man up and down, from his dark washed jeans and black etnies up to his plain white shirt and messy chocolate brown curls. He had freckles all down his arms and all around his nose. I looked down as he raised an eyebrow.

“Uh…can I help you with something?” he asked, his obvious Bolton accent reminding me of Rachel’s. They have to be related.

“Is Rachel here?” I asked, my voice coming out soft and quiet. He looked me up and down, my dripping wet frame tiny to his muscular tall one. He then took notice to my bags and leaned on the doorframe.

“Uh yeah, she is. Are you a friend of hers?” he asked, and I just simply nodded. “You know, it’s nearly 2 in the morning.” He stated, and I nodded again. He cracked a smile before noticing my tired eyes – the redness in them obvious, and the stains on my cheeks having to be from tears. His smile fell. “Uh, hold on a minute. I’ll go get her.” He said, holding up a finger before turning and entering the small house. “Rach!” he shouted and not too long after did I see a familiar head of long blonde curls pop out from around the corner. She placed her hands on her hips, not seeming to notice me as she scolded at the man before me.

“Dan, what did I tell you about answering my- Niccy!?” She shouted, taking off into a run before engulfing me in a hug. I smiled, wrapping my arms around her too as she squealed. “I haven’t seen you in a fgorever! What are you doing here?” she asked, pulling away and looking me up and down – and at my soaked frame. “Why are you wet? What happened?” she exclaimed, pulling me into the small house. I grabbed my bags and she shut the doors. “What’s going on?” she asked, glancing at the said bags. I sighed, looking down.

“I didn’t mean to just show up unannounced, Rach. But me and my parents got in a fight and I had nowhere to go-” I whispered, looking up at her. She nodded slowly.

“Hunny, you can stay here for as long as you’d like. Dan can sleep on the couch. Here, I’ll show you to the guest room. We can talk about all of this tomorrow, yeah? You’re all wet and exhausted, and a good nights rest will do you well.” She smiled, grabbing my bags, and showing me to the guest room upstairs. We walked through the living room, which had two doorways; one to the kitchen and the other to a set of stairs; before heading up to the second floor. “There’s a bathroom through there if you want to take a shower, or just wash your face or something. I was just about to hop into bed. I’ll go talk to Danny, and I’ll see you tomorrow. Are you okay for the night?” Rachel asked, and I nodded as she placed my bags on the floor beside the bed.

“Thank you, Rachel.” I whispered with a smile. I knew she’d take me in under her wing no matter what; no questions asked. A true best friend.

“Anytime, love. Now get ready for bed and I’ll see you in the morning.” She said, rubbing my arm before leaving the room, closing the door behind her. I sat down slowly on the large bed, looking around me. I felt the tears slide down my cheeks slowly as I felt every emotion pile onto me. Everything I was feeling felt all too much and I quickly changed into some pajama’s, shuffling under the blankets.

I hugged the pillows tight and let my tears fall as I slowly drifted into a tight, restless sleep.