Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Lets Celebrate

Dougie’s apartment door was agape when we walked into the building, and so Danny gave me a look before stepping inside. I followed right behind him and smiled as he held up his finger, telling me to be quiet. He handed me Charlie’s leash and slowly started to tiptoe into the apartment. I followed a little ways behind, looking around the corner at him as he tiptoed over to the couch, where Rachel and who I would guess to be Dougie, were getting rather close. I did my best to hold in my laughs as Danny leaned over the couch, getting close to the kissing pair before shouting “BOO” right in their ears.

I broke out into a loud laughter as the two separated, their faces completely shocked before they turned a deep shape of crimson red. Danny’s laugh made me laugh all the more because of how dopey and loud it was. The louder it got, the more I laughed. His laugh was rather funny, and it caused Rachel and Dougie to chuckle too.

“Oi! Sure, Dan, come on in!” Dougie exclaimed sarcastically as his hand rose up to the ring hanging off of his left lower lip, twirling it around as his face turned even redder. Rachel blushed a deeper shade before me and Danny’s laughter faded until we were left just trying to breathe. It wasn’t that funny, but at the sound of his laughter, mine grew and since mine grew, so did his.

“That wasn’t funny.” Rachel muttered, crossing her arms in fake annoyance. Danny chuckled, sitting in between her and Dougie on the couch, wrapping his arms around both of their shoulders.

“You’re right…” he paused, “…it was hilarious.” He smiled in all cheesiness. I just laughed, sitting down on the seat beside the couch.

“Shut up, Dan.” Rachel said and Danny just grinned. “Anyways, Dougie this is Niccy, Niccy this is my boyfriend of 4 months Dougie. I think you guys have met before?” Rachel said and I nodded at Dougie, smiling my hello.

“Sup Niccy.” Dougie nodded and I just laughed. We sat in silence before Danny’s face brightened up.

“Rach! How could you!?” Danny exclaimed out of no where, looking over at me with a smile on his face. “Leaving poor Niccy all alone on her birthday!” I blushed as Rachel gasped, pointing her finger at me.

“That’s today! Oh my gosh, I’m such a horrible best friend! I thought it was next week. I feel so terrible.” She said, covering her face in shame. I just laughed, holding my hand up as I sighed.

“Chel, it’s alright! Don’t beat yourself up about it. It’s not a big deal.” I sighed, shaking my head. “You aren’t the only one that forgot.” I said, looking down. Rachel got up from her seat beside Danny and walked over, sitting on the arm of the chair I was sitting on. She leaned over and gave me a hug.

“Your parents didn’t even call you?” Rachel asked, I shook my head. “Awe Niccy! We need to go out. Come on, Danny call Harry and Tom. We’re going out to a pub tonight.” The feeling in my stomach made me want to vomit at the thought of drinking. I just faked a smile and nodded along.

:*:

I had never met Tom or Harry before now, always guessing what they’d look like and how they’d act; fat and stupid. I was way off as they were both quite intelligent. Tom had a cute smile and a geeky personality, though his eyes were soft and welcoming. Harry was more posh and proper, though I knew that there was something wrong with him; he would be quite one moment, and then laugh the next. Odd, but I knew we’d be fast friends.

We walked into the pub and met Tom and Harry at a large, round table. We all sat around it, and somehow we all fit; the seats were me, then Rachel, then Dougie, Harry, Tom, and finally Danny who was right beside me. Everyone ordered an alcoholic drink; except for me. I ordered a diet coke.

“Niccy. Seriously. It’s your birthday! Let loose and have a beer or two!” Rachel exclaimed, pushing her beer in my direction. I just shook my head. “Why not?” she asked and I shrugged, playing with the straw that was in my soda.

“I’ve never liked it.” Lie. “Plus, I’m kind of tired.” That, though, wasn’t a lie. I knew that during the first month or two of pregnancy, you get overwhelmingly tired, and then it progresses slowly.

“Okay, I know the first parts a lie. Remember high school? Yeah, me too. But you can’t be tired! It’s your birthday! You’re supposed to have fun!” Rachel whined and I just smiled, shaking my head.

“I am having fun, no worries. I’ll drink the next time, honest.” Lie. “Just enjoy your night, I’ll try to.” I smiled and she finally nodded, turning back to the group. I turned to face the rest of the group too and they all looked like they were having fun with the alcohol in their hands. I then turned to my diet coke and sighed.

“Come on, Niccy, just have a sip of my Corona. It’s great!” Danny offered, breaking me from my trance. I turned to him and smiled softly, looking at his drink as if I were thinking about it or not. I knew I shouldn’t; I couldn’t. I couldn’t ruin a life unlike my own just to be like everyone else. No way.

“Thanks, but I’ll just stick to my diet coke. I don’t need alcohol to have a good time.” I told them. But really; I was just telling myself. I can have a good time with alcohol. I can.

The night carried on just like that. Everyone tried to offer me a sip of there drink, but I’d always turn them down. If only they knew. I got to know Tom and Harry rather well, as they finally got talking after a few mouthfuls of alcohol. Everyone else learned a lot about me too, and I actually started to have some fun. I even got up and danced with Danny and Harry for a few songs. I knew I wasn’t acting like myself; and I liked it. Usually I’d be sitting by myself, watching everyone dance and have a good time and be drowning in my problems. But the new me was the first one up; the first one on the dance floor having the best time of their life. It was a new me… A new me that I knew I was going to like.