Sequel: Unsaid Things
Status: Completed

Don't Give up on Me

Concern

Three weeks went by like a blink of an eye. I spent every morning, day, and evening with Rachel and the four guys I’d like to call close friends. Danny, unlike the others, has become my best friend; of course, though, right behind Rachel. They’ve all become like brothers to me and I knew that coming here was the best decision I’ve ever made. Sure, the problem that got me here was the worse decision I’ve ever made; but none the less, it brought me to a new group of friends. A group of friends I knew I would be there for me through thick and thin.

“Rach?” I heard a voice ask as they stepped into Rachel’s house. I poked my head around the corner from the kitchen and saw the back of my best friend, pulling off his wet jacket.

“Oh, hey Dan. She’s not home; she went to the store or something. But you can hang out if you want. She should be back soon enough.” I said and Danny smiled, coming over to me and giving me a warm hug. I laughed and felt myself blush, hugging him back. I saw Charlie, out of the corner of my eye, jump on the couch to get comfortable. Danny pulled out of the hug before taking a piece of toast out of the toaster and taking a large bit out of it, before putting it back. “Gee, thanks.” I muttered, watching as he just pretty much ate my breakfast.

“No problem!” he exclaimed and I laughed, shaking my head as I grabbed the other piece of toast and started spreading nutella all over it. “You like nutella?! I think I’m in love with you.” He joked and I let out a loud laugh, taking a bite of the nutella covered toast. I made a loud ‘mmm’ sound and Danny shook his head.

“Nutella is my favorite.” I simply stated and he just smiled. I heard the front door open then, and so we ventured out into the hall to see who it was, since it was only 9 in the morning. “Oh, hey, Rachel. This kid over here was looking for ya.” I said, pointing my thumb behind me and at Danny, who was eating the other piece of toast. “And he just so happens to be eating my breakfast…again!” I exclaimed, and Rachel just laughed.

“Are you feeling any better this morning?” Rachel asked me, and I nodded, looking down as I felt my stomach start to growl in discomfort. I hadn’t thrown up at all this morning, so I knew it was coming shortly. Stupid morning sickness.

“Why, did you not feel good last night?” Danny asked, suddenly getting really concerned. I was about to answer him, to tell him it was no big deal; but Rachel spoke otherwise.

“She’s been nauseous every morning for the last few days. Throwing up like no tomorrow. She’s fine afterwards though, I don’t know what’s wrong. She won’t go to the doctors.” Rachel explained and I just shrugged, finishing up the piece of toast. Danny looked at me and I could tell he felt bad; he had that look in his eyes.

“Rachel, it’s nothing. Honest. Maybe it’s just from the nutella or something. I have it every morning.” I came up with that lie pretty quickly, I was surprised with myself. Rachel considered it, and so she took the jar of nutella and chucked it in the garbage bin, then the conversation was dropped. I sighed quietly in relief.

“So Dan, why were you looking for me?” Rachel asked, and Danny let out a laugh.

“Oh yeah, I nearly forgot.” Danny said, smacking his palm to his forehead. That caused me to laugh, along with Rachel and Danny himself. “I was going to ask if it’d be cool if me and Charlie crashed here for a few days. You see, I’m getting my apartment bug bombed because Charlie apparently had fleas. He’s free of them now, but my apartment isn’t. It should only take a few days.” Danny rambled, and I looked toward Rachel, who slowly nodded her head.

“Sure, as long as you’re still fine with crashing on the couch.” Rachel said and Danny laughed. I couldn’t help but smile.

“That’s fine! Thanks Rachel!” Danny exclaimed, giving his cousin a huge hug. Rachel left soon after to go hang out with Dougie so Danny and I decided to hang out here instead of hanging out in his flee infested home. I fell back on the couch beside Charlie and started rubbing his stomach as he kicked his legs.

“He really likes you.” Danny stated, taking a seat beside me. I smiled up at him before turning back to Charlie, rubbing a little faster. He kicked his legs even more and that caused Danny and me to crack up laughing. I felt a pain in my stomach and instantly stopped laughing. I placed my hand on the flat skin and rubbed it softly as I felt nausea fill me. “You okay?” Danny asked, and I didn’t even have time to answer his question as I jumped up from the couch and ran into the bathroom.

I dropped to my knees in front of the toilet and felt everything in my stomach slowly make its way up my throat and into the bowl. Danny was beside me in seconds, holding my hair back as I threw up again. “Uuhhh” I churned out a moan and placed my head on the toilet seat, taking some toilet paper that was handed to me by Danny and started to wipe my mouth.

“Are you alright?” Danny asked me, and I nodded slowly. “Are you sure?” Danny uttered, and I slowly began to nod again. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I opened them again, slowly beginning to stand as I sighed. Danny flushed the toilet for me and I silently thanked him with a head nod. “Niccy…” Danny began as he looked at my pale face.

“Danny, I’m alright. Honest. The nutella must have been bad or something.” I said, before grabbing my toothbrush and quickly brushing my teeth. “I’m sorry you had to hear and see all of that.” I said, feeling quit embarrassed as he had just witnessed me puke numerous times. He just shook his head with a light chuckle.

“Don’t be. Everybody has those days.” He stated and then his voice got serious. “Are you sure you’re alright?” Danny asked and I nodded, taking a deep breath.

“Danny. I am fine. Don’t worry about it. I don’t feel sick at all.” I said, turning and leaving the bathroom. Danny followed as I made my way into the living room, taking a seat beside Charlie once again. Danny sat beside me, looking at me cautiously as if I was about to throw up again. I just smiled.

“But I am worried.” He stated, and I just smiled.

“Dan.” I simply stated and it caused him to break out into one of those toothy grins. “I’m alright.” It felt like the millionth time I had told him that, and hopefully the last. Danny just nodded, smiling softly as he could tell I was serious. But I wasn’t too positive myself if I was sure. What have I gotten myself into?