Status: Finished

November Rain

Kannon.

Despite the calm façade I had on, my insides were doing flip-flops and I just… I don’t know how I contained it.

Bridyn’s breaking up with Vanessa for me. He kissed me, himself. He’s okay with the fact that I liked him.

While Bridyn went to go find Vanessa and be the “responsible one”, I needed to go find Sammy and tell her that she has no power over me anymore.

“Kannon! There you are, love, I think we should go find Bridyn and Vanessa,” Her smile screamed evil intent.

“Sure, why not. I mean, Vanessa may need comforting after they break up,” I told her, keeping my voice stoic, but really, my insides were still flipping around because Bridyn was breaking up with her for me.

“Why would they do that?” She asked, her smile crumbling.

“I told him, Sammy. That means it’s over. We’re over,” I said. “Do whatever you want, but don’t ever speak to me again.”

I left her like that, in her stunned silence.

I met back up with Bridyn outside while he was with Vanessa. “Hey, Kannon.” She greeted. She sounded okay, maybe a small hint of sadness in her voice but okay nonetheless.

She stood up and walked up to me, placing on hand on my cheek. “Make him happy, will you?”

“How’d she take it?” I asked Bridyn after she left.

“Okay, I guess, but uh… she kind of wants pictures,” he said, his face changing to a shade of red.

*~*~*~*

Bridyn sat in my computer chair while I was lying on my bed. He was the first to break the silence between us. “So… what… what are we?”

“I assumed we were going out after you kissed me,” I told him nonchalantly. “You’re okay with that, right?”

I don’t want him to feel forced into this, I mean, sometimes the spur of the moment is too much and makes you do things you regret. I don’t want this to be one of the things that he regrets though. I want to be more important that anyone else he’s ever gone out with.

“Y-yeah, yeah I am,”

“Good,” I said, rolling over and closing my eyes, ready to fall asleep. I was so tired from everything that’s happened lately.

“Hey! You jerk, you’re supposed to take me home!” Bridyn squealed. That proved that thing between us were pretty normal again.

“Just stay here, your parents don’t mind, and neither do mine,” I said. “Now just lie down and go to sleep, we have school in the morning.”

“You’ll just hog to bed like you always do!” He groaned.

“But you always complain about the leather couch making you sticky and sweaty in the morning,” I retaliated, my eyes still closed.

“I-I… fine… move over,” he told me. I scooted a little closer to the edge and pulled the covers over us.

I leaned over him and kissed his forehead, which he flinched at. I shrugged that off. He probably didn’t even see it coming.

*~*~*~*

“You have to help me with this problem!” Bridyn complained, pouting.

“No, I don’t,” I replied, laying my head down on my desk and shutting my eyes.

“How can you sleep when you took up all of the bed last night! You jerk!”

I shrugged as the bell rang.

As Bridyn and I started making our way to the rooftop for lunch, I reached for his hand. Our fingertips brushed but then he brought his hand up to wave at some girl. “Amber! How are you and your boyfriend?”

That was just a coincidence, right? Most likely, I mean, he knows a lot of girls because of the help he gives them with their relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Yawn*
Anyone else want coffee?