Status: Finished

November Rain

Kannon.

“Why haven’t I seen Bridyn around here lately?” My mom asks. I avoid her eyes and stare at the food in front of me. I wasn’t really hungry.

“It’s only been a few days, Mom,” I told her.

“Nonsense! You two are always together,” Then she leaned in extremely close and then whispered, “Did you two break up?”

I jumped, knocked over my chair. “Wh-what? We were only dating a few weeks how did you-”

“Only a few weeks? I thought you two had been going out much longer!” But then her face quickly became serious and then she wrapped her arms around me. “Oh, Honey. You two will get through this, trust me,” she said before I hugged her back.

*~*~*~*

I laid down on the cement roof, letting myself fall into sleep. I cried last night which was really weird since I usually never cry, but it felt like I should probably cry more. Or sleep.

Until the metal door of the roof slammed open. “Kannon~!” I gritted my teeth at the mere sound of her voice. Sammy.

I sat up and growled, “Don’t you have someone else to go be a bitch to. Besides, you already told the whole school about me liking Bridyn. You have nothing to bind me.”

“And? I just wanted to come up here and see how you were doing without him,” she said, keeping her smile. “Oh, Kannon, if you ever want to go back to girls too, I’m-”

“No.” I growled.

“But-”

“No,” I cut her off again.

“What? Do you still like him? Even though he-”

“Yes. Even if I didn’t like him, I’d never, ever go back to you,” I told her sternly, turning my hands into fists. I’m definitely not stupid enough as to go back to her after everything she ever put me through this past month or so,

“But… Bridyn’s already moved on,” she said.

My first instinct was to worry but then again, it was Sammy. She couldn’t possibly be telling me the truth. She’s probably just blowing off steam left over from me breaking up with her for a guy. Then again, she doesn’t really need a reason to be a bitch.

“What are you talking about?” I said it one of those I-don’t-have-time-to-listen-to-this tones.

“Well, he and Vanessa have been pretty close since you guys broke up,” she said, grinning with one of those poisonous smiles of hers.

I shrugged and then rolled over to shut my eyes.

“You can see for yourself if you want,” she told me before I heard the metal door slam shut again.

Stupid Sammy.

*~*~*~*

Okay, so maybe I should’ve taken it back when I called her a liar.

I stared at the boy I liked and the girl he used to like as they talked, laughing every-so-often.

I felt this pang of loneliness and also rage and jealousy. How dare he go back to a girl? Then again, I told him to. But it still makes me so mad! I can’t help it. I still like him, I still want him.

I bit my lip as I laid my head down on the desk. I have to right to be angry or jealous. I told him to go back to girls so that he could be happy. Because… I guess he wasn’t with me…

I just want to go back to how we were before anything ever happened. I don’t care if we aren’t going out, I just want my best friend back.

He’s like the other half of me. Without him I’m hardly even half a person.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, yeah, short I know.
But you guys can deal.
Right?
Chinese-steamed bun anyone?

I gots me a steamer :P