Untitled

Ch. 2 - Twisted Metal

I pulled into my driveway and got out of my car feeling quite lethargic, I let out a heavy sigh. My mind was still buzzing with the daily pressures. I walked in the door of my vacant house, as always my massive German Shepard, Yogi, excitedly meeting me at the door. I pat his head and walked down the drafty hall into the foyer, dropping my bag with a thud, briefly vibrating the floor.
I walked a few more feet into the kitchen, and got down a glass from the second shelf of my overly crowded kitchen cabinet. Setting it on the counter, I pulled open the fridge, the cool air pouring into my already chilly house made me shiver. I grabbed the jug on the top shelf, half full of golden apple juice, and tore off the cap, filling my glass ¾ the way with the chilled topaz liquid.
I took a gulp, letting it flow down my throat, leaning onto the counter. I leaned further and let the days events flash through my mind for the hundredth time, spreading a smile across my face again.
-Next morning-
I awoke to the blaring sound of radio static that is my alarm, and the gray/purple haze on my walls off the early morning sky through the fogged glass of my bedroom windows. I went through my morning rituals as usual, making the water in the shower icy to the touch, in attempt to shake off sleepiness leftover from tossing and turning last night.
I dressed in my dark wash tight jeans and a simple black tee. Rethinking the temperature I grabbed my Taking Back Sunday hoodie on the way out the door. I jumped into my car kicking myself I didn’t warm it up, on account of the heat not starting in result. A shiver ran through me as I turned the key in the ignition. The car rumbled to life and I pulled out of my drive. I stared out the windshield as I drove, at the snow-dusted houses. Suburbs - oh how I hate them. All the houses look exactly alike.
About every five houses or so you’d see someone getting into their high, pricey foreign sports car or SUV in expensive suits, preparing for another day of their stupid jobs they despised. I was almost at the end of the street, only two more until I hit the main road when I saw him. It was him, the guy from yesterday, walking out his door, wrapping his scarf against his pale skin. Just as gorgeous as yesterday. He lived in my sub? And from that moment it happened all too quickly. I was trying so hard to look through the moisture that clung to my windshield at him, that I didn’t realize my grip slowly loosen on the wheel.
My front tire hit the slick black ice and the car began to slide, without noticing, my foot hit the gas pedal – hard. All I remember was a deafening crash of glass and metal. I didn’t know how long it’d been, but I awoke to his beautifully panicked voice in my ear. “Sarah, Sarah! Can you hear me? EMS is almost here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Needs review as well,
but i like this chapter :]
its exciting.