Status: More Comments/Subscriptions= More updates

Being in Love With You Has Driven Me Insane

Chapter 5- Unofficial Date

Martin and I had agreed to go back to Starbucks or some other coffee shop just to talk. We also agreed that it wasn’t a date. Just a get to know you type deal.

Another thing was I wasn’t going to tell Janice or Casey about Martin either. They would just make a huge deal out of it. Sure I didn’t like keeping secrets from any of them but I just needed to not have anybody’s input on anything right now.

“I’ll see you later I’m not going home yet.” I told Janice as we walked around campus after our last class.

“All right, I am. So if you need me I’m there.” She said before we went in separate directions.

I got out my phone and started to call Martin, but when I got ready to click his name a call from him picked up.

“Wow, I was getting ready to call you.” I said.

“What a coincidence. Where do you want to meet?” He asked.

“Starbucks again. I’m close by anyway.” I said as I left campus.

“Same, where are you- this is freaky.” He said laughing as we both stood by each other.

“I know. Are you stalking me?” I asked jokingly.

“How’d you know?” He asked.

I laughed a little as we started to walk.

“So what do you major in?” He asked pointing to my bag and putting his hands in his pockets.

“Music and business.” I said. “I wanna do something like music journalism or anything like that.” I nodded.

“Oh fellow music lover are you?” He asked.

“Yeah. I can’t live without it, so what better way then to make it my life.” I said. “But I like being the more behind the scenes person.”

“Music is music. If you love it you love it, there’s no escape from it.” He smiled.

I smiled back. So far he was a great guy.

~¥~

“No you have to listen to Animal Collective.” I said while we sat and talked about bands.

“I have. They are pretty awesome.”

“I know.” I said sipping my coffee.

It went quiet for a while as we both thought of what to say. We both began to speak but we talked at the same time and couldn’t understand what we had said so we laughed a little.

“You go first.” I said.

“No, you.” He said.

“It’s fine. Go.” I laughed.

“I was going to ask why an amazing girl like you is single.” He said. “I’m not using a cheesy pick up line or anything. I just want to know, it bothers me in a freakish way.” He explained.

“It’s fine. And I just broke up with somebody.” I said looking down a little saying it out loud to somebody for the first time.

“I won’t make you talk about it.” He said.

“No it’s fine.” I shook my head.

Maybe I needed to talk about it. Hopefully it would work.

“What was the problem?” He asked a little interested.

I sighed and tried to figure out how to say ‘Well my ex wrote a song about how he thought I didn’t believe in love after he told me he loved me and also about how horny he was’.

“… Just letting things go.” I shrugged. “Stuff happened and we couldn’t let it go and move away from it.” I said.

“Oh I get it. What was your question?”

“Why are you single?” I asked.

He laughed a little and looked down. “Nobody is right I guess. I’ve tried going out with people but half of the time it’s for the wrong reasons.” He shrugged.

“Fame?” I guess.

“Yeah. I don’t want to be seen as Martin from Boys Like Girls. I just want to be Martin.”

“I get you.” I nodded.

He smiled but I didn’t get why. “What?”

“You’re so understanding and the funny part is I cant tell if you are lying. But I know you aren’t so I’m sure I don’t have to worry.”

“What if I was lying?” I tested.

“You aren’t.” He shook his head. “And if you were it would be easy to see.” He said.

“So you have me figured out?” I smirked.

“It feels like it but then again I don’t know anything.” He smirked back.

“Correct answer.” I smiled.

He smiled back. I don’t think I could not like Martin.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think of Jerry and Martin? Haha don't worry like I said this is going to get a lot better. And I'm pretty impressed my my Comment. Subscribtion, Reader and star count at this point in time with only 5 chapters. You guys are amazing. I'm thinking of making a Jerry and Martin banner, what do you guys think.