Status: More Comments/Subscriptions= More updates

Being in Love With You Has Driven Me Insane

Chapter 8- PrettyDamnGood

The bell rung showing that class was over. All 50 of us started to bolt out of our seat.

"Jerry can I see you for a sec?" Mrs. Garters asked before I left.

I turned around to see what she wanted. "I read your music analysis paper and I was very impressed." She smiled and nodded a little.

"Thank you."

"I liked the comparisons you made between the sounds and objects and how honest you were. Almost everybody lied and said the song was amazing. But you went through every detail from tuning and balance."

"Thanks." I had practice from when I played the clarinet in middle school and from hearing so many bands play.

"Have you decided what you are going to do when you graduate yet?"

"Still working on it." I admitted.

I had started looking for jobs last week.

"Well I have a friend who works at a Decaydance Records and they have an opening for an A&R position."

"Wait. You suggested me?" I asked shocked because I knew that was Pete Wentz’s label.

She smiled and nodded. "Sort of. I let him read your paper and some of your older ones. He thinks you have the potential. And like I said, you get into the detail of the music and I can see you know what people want. And to be honest, for the past two years I've been convinced you were an actual music journalist."

"Wow." I breathed happy. "Thank you Mrs. G."

"No problem. I know you can do it." She said. "Your interview is in three weeks from today during my class." She said.

"Ok. I owe you big time if I get this." I said.

"Jerry, the way you can pay me back is by succeeding in what you do." She smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Your very welcome."

~¥~

"JaniceJaniceJanicJanice!" I cried jumping onto her bed when I got home.

"What?" She asked afraid.

"I have an interview at a music label." I said bouncing up and down.

"Jerry that's awesome! You haven't even graduated yet!"

"I know. This is fucking awesome." I said tucking my hair tucking my hair behind my ear. "Shit." I said sinking into my knees.

"What?"

"What if I screw up." I thought.

"You won't Jerry. You'll get it watch." She said.

"I hope so."

~¥~

I sat on my computer trying to type something for my other class and then my phone rung.

"Hello?" I asked still focusing on the screen.

"Hey." It was Martin. "How was your day?"

"Pretty damn good. My teacher got me a job interview for an A&R position." I said.

"That's wonderful Jerr. What label?"

"Decaydance." I said.

"That's even better. Hey wait a minute that’s Pete Wentz’s label." He added.

"But what if I do get it and I screw up completely?" I asked slouching into my seat after cutting my computer off.

"You won't. You have great ears and a great taste in music. Don't worry about that." He reassured.

"Thanks. Well what are you doing?"

"Sitting around a little bored. You know things I tend to do from time to time."
He said.

"Right." I laughed.

"Hey we're playing at the House Of Blues next week and I want you to come. You know be my groupie." He joked.

"Yeah and I'd do you before you went on stage." I joked back.

I knew we weren't going to have the sex issue. It was more of the it will happen when it does type deal for us.

"Would you?" He asked lighting up making me laugh.

"I'll go. Who else is going to be there?" I asked.

"I'm not sure yet but we'll see. And besides when I'm not on I'll be with you."

After he said that I heard a bunch if awws go off and then some people start chanting Marty has a girlfriend, Marty has a girlfriend over and over. After that I heard somebody scream ow and laughter replaced the chanting.

"Uh what was that?"

"Nobody, But I've got to go so I'll talk to you later." He said as if he were moving something heavy.

"Sure. Bye." I said.

"Bye."

Before the phone clicked I heard somebody yell shit and more laughter.

Wow, I guess I do have a boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so yeah if you notice some how Jerry has managed to get connected to bands (I meant to do that) but if you comment tell me, Team Jack or Team Martin