Don't Let Go

Getting Over Him

Erica looked at me knowing that she wanted the details once we got inside.

“Okay, so I walked into the house, and no one was downstairs so I went upstairs. I went down the hall and heard noise coming from his room. I walked in and there they were clear as day Ashley and Eric doing it.”

“Oh, well then good thing you dumped his sorry ass.”

“Yeah totally, I can’t believe I didn’t see it before. That Ashley was only friends with me to get to Eric. What a slut.”

“Well that means you can go and find a guy that’s way better than him.”

We unpacked the rest of my stuff in the guest room. It was a light purple room, and most of my things went well with it. I started thinking again, not about Eric but about guys in general. They break your heart but then there’s always another one right in line to catch you and fix your heart, but then the circle starts over again until you finally find the right one.

I finally closed the last drawer and plopped down on my new bed, in my new room.
Erica walked in bringing the last picture of me and her and put it on my desk.

“I guess you like your new room.”

“It’s perfect Erica, seriously perfect.”

Then Erica’s phone made a bleep noise that meant she got a text message.

“Oh, my parents are on plane home with Pat because today was his last game.”

“Cool, now I’ll finally get to meet him.”

“You’re going to love Pat, he’s so much fun. You guys will probably get along well since you come from a long line of hockey fans.”

“I guess, but you know my life doesn’t revolve around hockey.”

Erica was about to leave the room,” Oh, Bridge, there’s a package downstairs with your name on it.”
I followed her downstairs and saw the big brown box. I opened it and it was a birthday present. It was from my Grandparents.

“Erica, it’s from my Grandparents.”

“But I thought they already gave you something for your birthday?”

I picked up the card…

Dear Bridget,
Your father wanted to give this to you on your family birthday.
You know how big of a hockey fan he was.
We love you.
Love,
Gramma & Grampa

“Erica, the card says it’s from my Dad.”

“Well, then it must be pretty special if your Gramma thinks you should have it.”

I ripped open the paper and it was a Blackhawks Jersey. I turned it over and it was a Kane jersey. It had all the current players’ autographs on it.

“Well Bridge, that’s a pretty special gift… It’s got my last name on it.”

I rolled my eyes,” Erica this is your brother’s jersey.”

“Still it’s my last name!”

After I picked up the jersey I took the rest of the packaging out of the box. At the bottom of the box was a jewelry box. I opened it and it was a gold alternate emblem of the Blackhawks. And on the cross were diamonds.

That’s when we both heard the garage door open. We both looked at each other and brought all of my presents upstairs in my room. Then we hung up there watching movies in our PJ’s, until Donna Kane came upstairs.

“Hey girls, I see you’ve moved in nicely Bridget.”

“Yes, thank you Mrs. Kane for letting me stay here while I get back on my feet.”

“Oh, no problem, you were like family any way so I had a feeling you would move in here at one point.”

We all giggled because we knew it was true, “Why don’t we go down stairs and I can make you guys some popcorn for your movie and you guys can watch it on the big screen.”

“Thanks Mom, we’ll be down in a second.”

We both got up and went downstairs.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you Bridge. I’m volunteering at the preschool down the street so you get to hang out and get to know your new home.”

“Oh okay great.”

We got downstairs and I sat on the couch while Erica put the movie in. Patrick came down and sat on the chair next to me.

“What movie are you guys watching?”

“Um, we were thinking about Mystery, Alaska…Bridget’s favorite movie.”

“Oh, really because that’s my favorite movie too, do you mind if I join you guys?”

“U, I really don’t care…Bridget?”

“I don’t see why not.”

“Oh excuse me, I am so rude, Pat, Bridget, Bridget, Pat. And get used to her because she’s staying here for awhile.”

“Okay, whatever.”

We watched the movie and it was sort of awkward at the sexual scenes. But it’s my favorite movie so I didn’t care. I was really tired that night so I ended up falling asleep right before the game which is not like me what so ever. The funny thing was I don’t remember ever walking upstairs into my room…weird right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3 :]