Status: Should be updated frequently, since most of it is already written.

Let Me In

Four.

Things had settled down and we were in my house later that evening, doing our own thing.

"Do you want me to cook tonight?" I asked as I wondered around my kitchen, trying to decide what to eat.

"Yes!" Shannon blurted with wide eyes. I laughed and shook my head.

"There's that smile," He grinned.

"Hush. What do you want? I'm kinda feelin' comfort food. Like... Beef stew maybe?" I rolled my eyes and changed the subject.

"Whatever you want. It's your house, sugar," He shrugged. I mentally swooned at the pet name which oozed with his southern accent.

"Beef stew it is. My favorite," I grinned happily.

Shannon's Point of View

Seeing her happy filled the void that I'd had to live with for the last year. Her smile was so shockingly beautiful I wanted to cry because I'd missed it so much.

I got up and began helping her gather things to start cooking. She looked up at me surprised, but remained silent.

Once all the things she would need were out, I left the kitchen. She hated having people in her space when she was cooking. I wanted to do everything I could to make her happy. If I could just see her smile, hear her laugh, everything would be okay.

I went to the stereo in the living room and turned it on, leaving on whatever she had it on last.

"Thank you!" She called from the kitchen.

I wanted to hold her more than anything, but I knew I couldn't. We weren't there yet. I decided to settle for watching her cook from the doorway.

As soon as I got to my destination and saw her moving around the kitchen, I regretted coming to watch her. All I could think about was when we were together and I would sneak up behind her while she was cooking and distract her so badly that she gave up on making the meal and I'd carry her to the bedroom.

We were so perfect together, and I just had to go and fuck it up. I was so scared back then. I panicked and left her because we were too perfect together and I loved her so much. I thought something would go wrong or I would smother her and push her away, so I left to avoid it. Leaving turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life.

I love her so fucking much I can't stand it.

I took as few long strides as possible to reach her and laid my hand on her shoulder. She turned around and tilted her head.

"Shannon, what are you doing?" She sighed. She knew what I wanted.

"I love you," I said quietly, before crashing my lips against hers. She moaned in surprise and clawed at my shirt. I wrapped my arms around her tightly. I never wanted to let her go again. Our lips fit perfectly together, better than I remembered. Her lips parted and I slipped my tongue past them. Her tongue met mine and they moved perfectly together.

I should've known it was too good to be true.

Her grip on my shirt tightened and she pushed me away, panting heavily.

"Please leave. Go somewhere else right now," She demanded. Crestfallen, I nodded and left the house. I knew I had fucked up. Big time.

Kat's Point of View

How could I have been so stupid? Why did I kiss him back?

Oh yeah, I'm in love with him.

Nothing was on the stove yet, so I gave up on cooking for the night. Chinese sounded like a good substitute. I gathered everything up and put it back in its proper place.

Mentally exhausted, I collapsed into a chair at the table.

I decided to do the only thing I knew how to. I called Matt.

Within ten minutes, he was walking in my front door like he lived there.

"Kitchen," I said weakly.

"What happened? Did he say something?" He said quickly. Matt was always my big brother.

"He came in while I was about to cook. He said he loved me, and then he kissed me," I said monotonously.

"Oh shit. I told that dumbass not to touch you! He knows you don't want him to!" He started on a rant.

"I kissed back," My voice cracked.

"...You did what?!" He was shocked.

"Matt you know I love him... I just don't want to love him," I whimpered.

"Well hun, I'm not gonna beat around the bush here. You know what you have to do," He said like it was obvious.

"Obviously not!"

"You have to give him a chance. You love him. He loves you. It's meant to be. Just go slow. Start over if you want! But you have to be with him in order to be healthy and happy, Kat. You know it, I know it, and hell everyone who fucking knows you knows it. You need him," Matt said everything I was praying he wouldn't.

"I know I do! I just don't wanna take him back so fast, Matt. He's been back in my life for barely a full day and I'm already making out with him! I can't let him make me fall that hard again!"

"Kat, you fell for him that hard a long time ago, and you never got back up. Now I love you girl. You're family. I'll support whatever you choose to do, but you gotta realize that this doesn't just affect you and it doesn't just affect Shannon. It affects all of us," He reminded me.

If I cut off from Shannon one hundred percent, we'd never be able to be around each other. That means our friends would always have to choose between us. That's not fair at all. Not to anyone.

"I know, Matt. I know..."