Sequel: More Than You Know
Status: active when I want it to be.

The Rev's Undying Syn

My World Tumbles On Me

Jimmy’s POV

I sat in the chair next to Grace’s bed just looking at her, hoping she would wake up soon. The guys walked in and out hoping I would get out of this trance like state I am in. Any time I would see her move or twitch I was get anxious but she would still be sleeping. I know I only found out about Grace three weeks ago, but it’s like I’ve known her, her whole life.

The door opened and I just continued looking at Grace.

“Jimmy let’s go home for a while. You need to shower and we could go out to eat.” Leana said.

“No, I won’t leave until she wakes up.” I said.

“Jimmy we’re all worried about Grace but you need fresh air. If anything changes I’ll have them call us.” She said.

“No. Do you not understand that I just got my daughter, whose mother kept her from me? And I might lose her. You don’t have a kid, you wouldn’t understand.” I said.

“James! She is just as much my child as yours. We met her at the same time; I am probably more of a mother than her own was.” She screamed at me.

“Leana did you have sex with her mother when you were 15 and conceived her? Did you ever connect to her like me? Just go away, I’ll leave when I want to.” I answered to her and sat back down and looked at Grace.

“Fine Jimmy but just so you know I am staying with Amber the next few weeks.” She said.

“Whatever.” I said and she walked out. I grabbed Grace’s hand and she moaned.

“Grace? It’s dad.” I said as she slowly opened her eyes.

“Dad?” she croaked.

“Yes, oh my god you’re awake.” I said and stood up and looked at her. I hit the page button and kissed Grace’s forehead.

“Why am I here?” She asked with difficulty.

“Well I’ll let the doctor explain.” I said as Dr. Forreman walked in.

“Hello Mr. Sullivan. Grace how are you feeling?” He asked checking her monitors.

“Sick.” She mumbled.

“Ah, well we have some news for you.” He said sitting in the doctor’s chair.

“Ok.” She said moving hair out of her face.

“Well we ran a couple tests. We did a heart scan and a pregnancy test.” He said.

“Pregnancy?” She asked.

“It was negative. We then did a lung biopsy and a bone marrow biopsy, which is why your hip probably hurts.” He said.

“Yeah a little.” She said. I smiled and rubbed her hand with my thumb.

“Well the lung biopsy came back normal, but the bone marrow didn’t. There were cells in there that were cancerous.” He said.

“Cancerous?” She asked worry sketched on her face like a cat likes milk.

“Yes, Grace you have Acute myeloid leukemia.” Dr. Forreman said.

“Oh my god.” She said starting to cry.

“Treatment of AML consists primarily of chemotherapy, and is divided into two phases: induction and postremission (or consolidation) therapy. The goal of induction therapy is to achieve a complete remission by reducing the amount of leukemic cells to an undetectable level; the goal of consolidation therapy is to eliminate any residual undetectable disease and achieve a cure.” He said. Grace just looked at him.

“So I’m sick?” She asked a few minutes later.

“Yes. But we caught it semi-early.” He said.

“Semi-early?” I asked.

“Yes it was going into the third stage.” He said. I looked at grace and she was starting to cry again.

“Well I’ll leave you two.” He said and walked out.

“I’m going to die aren’t I?” She asked.

“No you are not. You are strong and you’re my child you never give in.” I said and she smiled weakly.

“Can I see James?” She asked.

“Sure I’ll go get him.” I said and hissed her forehead and walked out. I went to the waiting room and saw Matt, Val, Johnny, and Michelle.

“Is James out here?” I asked.

“Nope he’s in the bathroom.” Matt said.

“Well when he gets out send him to Grace’s room, I’m going to go home and shower.” I said. Matt threw his keys at me.

“Kay’ man. Get something to eat too.” He said and I walked out. I got in the elevator and rode it down and went out to find Matt’s car. I eventually found it and climbed in turning it on. I drove home and walked in and saw boxes everywhere and half the stuff in the living room gone.

“Leana?” I asked.

“Shut the fuck up.” I heard from the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Well Jimmy, I am leaving you.” She said.

“Why?” I asked.

“You said I wasn’t Grace’s parent and I didn’t understand.” She said and continued packing her things.

“I didn’t mean it.” I said. “Please babe don’t leave.”

“Too bad. You’ve been a lazy bum for the last six hours.” She said.

“Well I am sorry that my daughter has fucking cancer and is in the hospital.” I said.

“Well I can’t control that.” She said and carried a box out. I swore at her and ran up the stairs. I went into my room and saw she hadn’t gotten in this room yet. I stripped my clothes and climbed into the shower, after warming it. I washed my hair and body. I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist. I walked out and Leana was in here. I went to my dresser and got out jeans and a band shirt. I got out boxers too and got dressed. I brushed my hair and Leana came out.

“Brush.” She said.

“This is mine.” I said.

“No it has my name on it.” She said and took it.

“Ok Leana we’ve fought before why did you decide to do this when I am in such a fragile state?” I asked.

“Because what you said hurt me. It really did.” She said.

“Well half the things you say hurt me more. Like last week when you said I wasn’t ever home for Grace and she was starting to hate me, well that hurt.” I said.

“So all of a sudden you are a perfect dad and you do nothing wrong?” She asked.

“No Leana, I am not perfect, I am doing the best I fucking can.” I spit in her face.

“Well we all know you aren’t perfect.” She said walking out.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I asked following her.

“You know.” She said and brought the box to her car. “I’ll be back in the morning to get the rest.” She got in her car and drove off. I punched the post and kicked a rock. I went inside and threw a glass. I went around the room destroying things.

I stopped and looked at the damage. I fell to the floor and cried. First my daughter gets cancer, now my wife, the love of my life, leaves me? My life is falling apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH NO JIMMY AND LEANA ARE FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again all the cancer stuff goes to Wikipedia.

Banners and comments make me wanna update and be happy!!!

♥Toxi♥