‹ Prequel: Lead and Gold

Vernacular

Ties

The Coven is such an odd little paradox.

All of us are contained under one roof, and yet, we are all so detached. Each of us has our own little agendas, our own little intrigues, and no matter how close you get to someone here, you never know what that one person will be doing when your back is turned.

I consider myself one of the only scholars in this place--everyone else is more concerned with their social status, their face values, their sexual appeal; I can honestly say I am here to learn, and study, and expand the infinite things I know. These people around me are the perfect case studies.

It is a wonder that our very natures do not kill us. We construct these feeble relationships between one another, based upon mutual need or benefit, and typically, no more than that. We are driven by base urges like animals, and yet, we utilize intelligences that the most revered mortal being could never dreamof obtaining. We are a contradiction to our own personas. We are revolting entities, and yet, upon closer examination, are one of the most intriguing. I will never understand the proper way to view others of my kind.

And we call ourselves Family?

What bonds do you have between one another but consensual loathing or desire? Sometimes I wonder how it is we all came to be here. It is as if we have created our own little world with its own little religion, complete with its gods, goddesses, and followers. The outside world seems to avoid this little patch of land, and there are times when I forget what it is like out there.