‹ Prequel: Lead and Gold

Vernacular

Ava

Was I born into this world, this existence of feeding and hunger and blood, solely to create chaos? Was my sire some true dark god, seeking to disrupt the balance of this place that he was condemned to? I am beginning to think so. I cannot remain in one place without shattering the structure of where ever it may be. Be it by fire or failures, I bring pain to those around me, be it mortals or otherwise.

And now, I have warped the weave of fate around me yet again by way of meeting the one called Ava.

Our meeting was more or less by chance. I had wandered from Maharet's chambers and taken my leave to the halls, moving aimlessly, as I always did. As I walked, I heard a faint scratching noise from within one of the rooms, easily identifiable as pen on paper. I had not yet encountered another occupant of the house besides those who I had met on my first night here, and I was truly curious as to who was behind this door.

Again, in honesty, I was quite nervous. I was afraid that not all within the Coven would take to me as warmly as Maharet and Oliver did.

Taking hold of my thoughts and emotions, I timidly knocked on the door, feeling foolish for doing so. I should have just left, then and there, and saved the unfortunate inhabitant within the misfortune of my acquaintance. Any other thoughts were quickly banished when a voice inside bade me enter. It was a woman's voice, to be sure, and, oddly enough, sounded friendly.

I opened the door, peering in, and was taken aback: She was quite beautiful. I could smell the scent of a newborn, just as me, as compared to the others of this place, and she still seemed so...human.

After I overcame my awkward introductions, I fully entered the room, closed the door, and sat. We talked over basic things, each feeling out the thoughts of the other. It was...refreshing, this feeling of interacting with a fresh mind. It was...perfect.

And so began yet another one of my strange relationships within this place,