Oh, Pain is Beautiful

Revelation

Bryan's POV

I toss and turn wildly.

Going back to sleep was a stupid mistake, did I really want to go back to hell again?

Knives pierce me from everywhere; but this time they come from utter darkness around me, I cannot hope to fight them off, and the pain is unbelievably real, and there is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, and no escape, no escape at all, and the darkness closed in on me like a beast devouring its prey, and--

I scream myself awake and sit bolt upright, almost colliding with something looming above me.

Startled, I fall back onto the bed. What was that thing?!

Two white eyeballs materialize from the head of the figure.

"Don't think you're going anywhere," says Ricki threateningly, grabbing my wrists in a vicelike grip. "This time, there's no escape."


* * * * *

Ricki's POV

As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I peered more closely at Bryan. My hands hung on to his wrists, stretching his arms out to full length.

His eyes did not meet mine, but were lowered like the eyes of a child caught in wrongdoing.

Terrified of what I was going to see, I slowly removed his shirt and hesitantly switched on his table lamp.

I gasped in horror at what I was holding before me.

The light of the lamp perfectly captured every one of the scars on his arms and chest, all in different stages of healing.

He had been a living canvas.

A living canvas of blood.

The tears started to stream down my face as freely as the blood in his veins.
♠ ♠ ♠
279 words ;