Status: Active-ish :)

I'm a Walking Travesty

This Is Real

We spent the rest of the day on the beach where Zack tried to teach me how to surf. I fell repeatedly at first since I really can’t balance my body at all but after a few more wipe-outs, I sort of got the hang of it. It was pretty fun to be honest. I mean swimming is always fun but I was always scared of surfing. One reason was because I’ve seen a lot of movies where surfers drowned in waves or hit their heads on rocks and got a concussion. I might have tried to kill myself but I still fear death. I don’t want to have to lose everything I have now for fear that in the next life, the world might turn against me completely. I’m not saying that the world is actually answering to my every command but I have enough to be grateful for. At least that’s how I feel right now.

I swam back to shore and grabbed the towel I left on the lounge chair before diving into the water. Luckily the day wasn’t super hot. I checked my skin and saw that I got a little tanner but not to the point where I thought it looked hideous. It looked sorta nice, really. I mean it definitely toned my really pale skin.

While I wiped myself dry and wrapped myself around my towel, I felt my stomach grumble. Apparently, surfing for a long period of time can really work out an appetite. I was just about to turn and look if Zack was still in the shore when he swept me off the ground and whirled me around.

“Zack! You’re getting me all wet again,” I complained as he sat me down on the lounge chair.

“That’s good,” he laughed as he kissed me on the lips.

I smirked as I kissed back. I placed my hands on his neck and held on to the hair on the back of his head. I loved how his lips tasted like the sea and the ice cream we got right before we came down to the beach. It was salty and sweet at the same time.

I pulled away after a few seconds as I felt my tummy grumble. Zack must’ve heard it as well because he let out a small chuckle.

“Looks like your stomach needs some fuel,” he said moving down to my collar bone to plant small kisses on it.

“Why don’t you fill me up?” I said cupping my hands on his face and bringing it up to my lips where I planted a kiss on his cheek.

I smiled as I got up of my seat and placed my shorts on. He couldn’t seem to get his hands off me and I wasn’t complaining at all.

“You look better without those shorts on,” he whispered into my ear as his hands slipped down to my waist.

“Zack, I’m really hungry. I swear I’m going to rip your head off if you don’t give me some food,” I joked.

Zack rolled his eyes before putting a shirt over his rock-hard abs. I sighed softly as I bit my lip. Yes, I was drooling but at least I was allowed to without looking weird or slutty. He was mine and nothing was ever going to change that.

We made our way to a burger shack by the north end of the beach. There weren’t a lot of people today so we got our orders in a matter of minutes. I got a double cheeseburger, curly fries and a large cup of rootbeer. Zack got the same thing but he had onion rings instead of curly fries. While I ate, he kept staring at me stuff food into my mouth. I raised an eyebrow at him but he only chuckled as I did so.

“Okay, let me guess,” I said after swallowing the delicious chunk of burger that I had bitten, “you’re surprised that I could eat this much.”

“Well, yeah,” he affirmed. “I haven’t seen you eat this much…ever.”

I rolled my eyes as I sipped my rootbeer. I grabbed a curly fry and brought it to my mouth as he took a bite out of his burger. This moment seemed like a movie scene. The typical cliché where everything’s so right that you wouldn’t think something bad would occur. So far, there are no surprises but I guess I can’t say that there won’t be. I just hope it’s not something that can send this day out the window before it ends.

The rest of the meal went on with a little more small talk and a trip down memory lane where he and I were inseparable. Those days were like our glory days. Nothing ever went wrong where we were by each others’ sides. We protected each other as if we were protecting ourselves and nothing ever got in between us. The only thing that separated us was Eric and now that he’s no longer with us, the rest of the world fell right back into place and started spinning right again.

“Don’t you ever think about what could’ve happened if you never auditioned to be in a band?” I asked as soon as we started walking along the shore. Day was slowly passing and the afternoon sun started slipping further down.

“Well, maybe I would’ve considered college,” he said taking my hand as we let the water touch our feet.

“What would you have taken up?”

“Photography, most probably,” he said looking at the horizon right in front of us.

“Seriously? You wouldn’t pursue music?” I asked as I grabbed a seashell from the sand.

“I don’t know,” he said looking back at me. “I’d do anything to be with you, that’s for sure.”

“Liar,” I said with a laugh as I rinsed the shell with water.

“Why don’t you believe me?” he asked almost instantly. Fortunately, his tone didn’t change. He wasn’t mad or offended by what I said and that was good.

“Because you were too busy looking at every other girl and gushing about most, if not, all of them every time you came to my house,” I said sitting on the sand trying to remember what it felt like whenever he talked about this really pretty girl and how that made me feel.

“Well if it was bothering you that much, you should’ve said something.”

“Maybe in another life,” I said shovelling the sand with my shell.

“It’s not like you haven’t lied about anything,” he said getting down right next to me in the sand.

“How would you know that?”

“Everyone’s a liar in my book,” he said looking me in the eye.

“I won’t say I haven’t lied about anything because I’ve had moments where I had to shed a white lie,” I told him as I leaned back on the sand not caring if I got sand in my hair because I was bound to take a bath later anyway.

“But you’d tell the truth when I ask you to, right?”

“Yeah, I guess I would.”

I sucked in a breath and breathed in the salty air of the beach. I don’t know why but I sorta like the feeling of the sand underneath me. The grains graced my body in such a comforting way that I didn’t want to get up. Zack turned and face me. He sat crossed leg in front of me as he stroked my hair and slid his hand down my cheek.

“Then tell me truthfully,” he started to say, “Do you love me?”

“Okay now that was corny,” I said bursting into fits of laughter.

Zack grabbed the advantage to get on top of me to tickle my sides. I laughed to the point where I couldn’t breathe anymore. My lungs were burning and I was begging him to stop. Zack followed after a while but he threatened to do that again if I ever lied to him about anything.

“But I didn’t even lie about anything,” I complained as I got up from the sand. Suddenly, the sand wasn’t that comfortable anymore.

“I just wanted to show you the kind of power I’d bomb you with when you cross the line,” he said and I just shook my head.

Were we going to be like this forever because right now, forever is the only thing I’m looking forward to. I never want to lose the feeling I’m feeling for him right now and I hope his feelings for me won’t change either.

But just when I was about to connect our lips, Ryan blurred right past me and grabbed Zack’s shirt and brought him to his feet and punched him hard in the face.

Okay now I can tell this is real life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Dislike? Comments please!