Status: Active-ish :)

I'm a Walking Travesty

Betrayed.

{ZACK’S POV}

I watched her run away, knowing that she’d come back home a little later. I won’t say that I wasn’t upset though because I really was. I mean I never thought that it’d come boiling down to this. I swear if Ryan hadn’t barged in and ruined everything, this day would probably be the best day of my life but I guess not everything turns out the way it should be.

I just stood there for a few more minutes before I noticed that this girl was eye-balling me this whole time. She smiled as my eyes landed on her but I didn’t even return it. I was too pissed to start flirting with some slut who can’t stop staring at me. I don’t mean to sound cocky, I’m just stating what’s real. I mean I can’t deny that I love how my body looks but sometimes I just find it annoying that other people look at me like I’m some piece of meat.

I walked back to our spot and gathered our belongings. I wanted to head back into the water but once I reached for my surf board, my phone started buzzing.

“Hello?” I answered as I accepted the call without looking at the ID.

“Zachary!” Jack replied in a sing-song voice, “We’re at the airport right now and we’ll be crashing your place in a minute! Hope you don’t mind four more bodies at your place.”

I literally cursed at myself for forgetting that they were actually arriving from Maryland to record a few songs today. How was I supposed to fix things with Mia when they’re terrorizing the only place I called private? I mean I didn’t really have a problem with them staying at my place but I just wished that they’d arrived at a later time when all of this shit wasn’t present anymore.

I told Jack that I’d meet them at home and we both hung up.

Once I placed all our belongings back in my car, I got in and started the engine. I wondered where Mia was at the moment, if she was fine or not, but I guess if space is what she wanted then that was what she was having. I couldn’t deny her of that kind of thing even if I wanted to.

I sighed as I drove back home. I had to clean up a bit to make sure that this dump was actually liveable. I picked up some dirty laundry from the living room and placed them all in the washing machine, not caring if the piece of clothing was actually clean already. I was about to throw the trash out when Peter came in the kitchen.

“I didn’t know you were home,” I told him sullenly as I picked the garbage bag from the trash compactor.

“What happened today?” In no way was he in a light mood. He looked like he was about ready to beat me up to death.

“Is she home?” I asked, surprised that even came home. I thought when she ran away, she’d head to someplace she knows she won’t run into me.

“She wouldn’t have if I hadn’t seen her at a bar trying to down as many shots as possible,” he said in deep frustration. “Don’t you know who you’re dealing with here? Do you not understand the state that she’s in?”

“Don’t go lecturing me about these things! The only person you should blame for her depression is Ryan because he messed everything up.”

“Really, Zack? Because from what I heard, Ryan only helped her see what you were really all about. You can’t put this all on him,” he said crossing his arms as he leaned on the door frame that divided the kitchen and the living room.

I was about to say something to defend myself but my tongue had to hold it together since the doorbell rang.

“And who might that be?” Peter asked raising an eyebrow.

“The guys,” I said and he shook his head as he went back into his room.

I knew I should’ve done something – like apologize – but I was too high up that I couldn’t see anything else below me. Besides, I didn’t want to look like the bad guy because I really wasn’t. What’s in the past is in the past. There’s nothing I can do to erase those things and she had to realize that. I never meant to do those things to hurt her. I knew what she was dealing with and I knew better than to add more problems on to her plate.

I heaved a heavy sigh as I opened the door and welcomed Alex, Jack and Rian. I told them to stay in the living room for awhile and they followed without further question. I threw the trash out before heading back inside and washing my hands. Once I wiped off the water from my hands with my shirt, I gave the guys a welcome and told them that the guest room was already taken.

“Well, where do you expect us to sleep?” Rian asked inquisitively.

“And who’s staying in the guest room?” asked Alex.

“Well you guys can camp out here,” I said looking around and seeing that there was enough space to hold three living souls. It wouldn’t be that comfy but they’d have to make do with what they had.

“You dodged the question,” Alex said raising one of those weirdly-shaped eyebrows he had.

“Mia’s here,” I told them all their eyes opened wide.

“Isn’t she the one you wouldn’t shut up about?” Jack asked as soon as he could.

“That’s the one whose boyfriend killed himself, right?” Rian added.

“Wait, she’s here now? I thought you said she’d get some help first,” Alex mentioned.

“Really, Zack? That’s what you told them?” I heard Mia say from the back. I spun around quickly and saw that more tears had sprung from her already bloodshot eyes.

I couldn’t say anything. I didn’t see or hear her come in. I walked towards her but all she did was run back into Peter’s room where she’d been all along.

I can’t believe this all just happened. Talk about the very epitome of a fucked up day. I was dead tired and I really didn’t want to deal with this.

I breathed out through my mouth leaving the questions asked by the guys unanswered. I looked at them and shook my head as I head up the stairs. I needed time to clear my head. Probably a cold shower would make this all better.

{MIA’S POV}

I can’t believe Zack’s been talking shit about me to other people. It hurt to know that someone like him could even do such a thing.

I stayed in the confines of Peter’s arms as I cried to him. I apologized about a thousand times for ruining his day which eventually turned into night but he told me that I wasn't ruining it at all. He told me that this was the perfect time to help me since he felt like he hasn’t done anything for me but tease me and bring me down all his life.

“We were all kids once,” I told him as I started to calm down a little.

“I know but that doesn’t erase the guilt I feel,” he said stroking my hair. “You didn’t deserve all that shit.”

“Peter, it was mindless teasing. You don’t have to worry about it.”

“I’m not talking about just that,” he said sitting up. “I’m talking about everything with Eric and now with Zack and Ryan. I don’t even know how you managed to stay alive but I guess it goes to show that you’re just that strong. You’ll get through this.”

I smiled as I heard the words tumble from his mouth. At least I could still trust and confide in Peter. I knew he wouldn’t cross me in any way.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the ATL guys are here :)
You are not to confuse Ryan Ogren with Rian Dawson, okay? I just really want to clear that up.

Comment&Subscribe!