Status: Active-ish :)

I'm a Walking Travesty

Sucks To Be Him

“Shit, I’m so sorry,” I said, pulling away quickly.

Alex didn’t say anything. He just smiled at me with a smirk. I looked away but he twisted my head back around by placing his forefinger underneath my chin. He tilted my head up and reconnected our lips.

I really liked the way he handled everything. The kiss was sweet and tasty but it was nothing compared to Zack’s. I know I shouldn’t be comparing but I can’t help it. Besides, Zack’s probably off with Kayla doing unspeakable things. So instead of thinking about what could’ve happened with Zack and me, I let Alex take me to different places. He was great at showing me around and there was zero awkwardness between us. One thing I liked about Alex is that we had so much in common. It was really easy to get to know him. Speaking to him came naturally as well. It was as if we were meant to be or something. Maybe in another reality we did end up together but in this world, I don’t think I stand a chance.

It was finally six thirty in the evening but we had no plans on heading back home just yet. Alex told me that there was a carnival somewhere near the house. So we parked the car in the garage and walked to the venue.

“So do you like cotton candy?” he asked me as we walked under the orange sky.

“I’d live in it if I had the chance,” I said, making him chuckle.

“The house would be hard to maintain though,” Alex mentioned.

“Well I wouldn’t eat the house. I’d eat the garden outside and then maybe the whole city beyond my garden,” I said childishly. I’ve had so much fun with Alex today that I had gotten a high from it. No bad vibes crossed my path at all.

“If you were a cotton candy, I wouldn’t eat you up.” I looked at him and watched him stare at the distance. I cocked an eyebrow but he refused to make eye contact.

“Wow, how sweet of you,” I said, pinching his cheek. He laughed as he grabbed a hold of my hand and let it fall to the side. He laced his fingers with mine and had no intention of letting go. My heart stuttered for a while but I started to calm down after a solid ten-second head count.

The California breeze took the place of our conversation. The air felt so good on my skin. I wanted to tell Alex that the beach would’ve been a better place to hang out but I didn’t want to sound rude. It was good enough that he was taking me out somewhere.

“We’re here,” he sang. He dragged me towards the cotton candy stall and bought two sticks.

“Isn’t this bad for your throat?” I asked, taking a big chunk of cotton and placing it inside my mouth where it magically vanished.

“As long as I drink loads of water, it’s fine.”

We both walked around with our cotton candy in hand. We continued to talk about stupid random things until eventually, we finished our cotton candy. It was all fun and laughter until we coincidentally met up with Kayla – the backstabber – and Zack – the man whore.

“Hey! Why’d you cancel this morning?” Kayla asked me.

“I forgot I had other plans,” I replied with a sense of deceit which she didn’t notice. “I’m sorry I didn’t call.”

“It’s alright. We can always hang some other time,” she said with a bright smile.

I couldn’t be mad at Kayla. She didn’t know that I liked Zack and plus maybe it’s been them this whole time but Zack was too much of a manwhore to stay loyal to her. I wanted to beat him up for taking Kayla for granted but it would probably be useless seeing that he could pass as the Hulk’s brother.

“This is Alex by the way,” I introduced but they both laughed.

“We already know each other,” Kayla mentioned, staring directly at Alex.

I looked at Alex but he wasn’t interested in her at all. For a minute I thought I saw disgust in his eyes. I wanted to laugh badly but I held it together.

Zack stayed completely silent. I knew he was surprised. He didn’t expect us to be here and neither did we but I knew that that wasn’t why he was silent. I didn’t know if he still felt bad about what happened because it seems to me that he’s over everything and he’s ready to let me go. I just can’t believe he led me on though. I got fooled by my supposed best friend and he’s doing nothing about it. He must think I’m a big fool.

“So where are you guys headed?” Kayla asked. Apparently, she was the only one who wanted to keep talking.

“We were just gonna walk around,” I said, looking at Alex who nodded. He didn’t seem that chipper anymore. I wonder what the back story’s about.

“Well, have fun.” She rushed out with Zack who wanted nothing more than to get out of the scene.

I wouldn’t say it was an awkward meet but I just wish we hadn’t crossed paths. I mean Alex doesn’t have a smile on his face anymore and that’s never a good sign.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” I asked him as soon as we stopped and sat on a bench under a big tree.

“Kayla’s my ex,” he said sullenly.

“Did it end badly?” I asked, grabbing his hand. He seemed to be lost in his own little world so I tried to recapture his attention.

“She was in to me for the popularity. She broke up with me because she thought I spent too much time writing music. She was a pretty jealous psychopath. She even broke one of my mixed tapes because she claimed to be angry at me.” He looked so sad. He squeezed my hand a little to make me look up at him.

“I’m guessing that mixed tape was really important,” I said more to myself than to him.

“It was the first mixed tape I ever made. It had some legit stuff in it.”

“Did she know exactly what it was?” I asked, scooting over to him.

“She knew fucking well what it was because I made her listen to it once but all she wanted to do was make out.”

I never thought Kayla could be that shallow. Now, she’s with Zack. I wonder what kind of world she’d send him into once their relationship hits the grave. But then again, maybe they’d last long or whatever.

“I’m so sorry to hear that,” I said, facing him completely.

“It’s fine, really. It just opened my eyes and made me see that not all girls are really into me for me,” he said, scrunching his face up right after he spoke. “Wait, shit, that sounded cheesy and gross. Sorry.”

I laughed and kissed him on the cheek. “Don’t worry. I’ll like you for you no matter how cheesy or gross you may be,” I whispered into his ear, making him chuckle.

He held me by the waist wrapped me up in a sweet embrace. I smiled to myself before wrapping my arms around his neck. As soon as we pulled away, we connected our lips knowing that that’s where we were meant to be. I had no complaints whatsoever. I mean it’s really Zack’s loss and now, he’s suffering with the devil’s spawn. Sucks to be him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this story gets no comments or readers so I don't really bother updating anymore but I hope you guys can change my mind set soon enough.