Status: Had to go back to school, will update first chance I get. Thanks. :(

Wishes (Year One)

I wish I could always be there for you.

I sat in the passenger seat of Savvy's car. Oliver sat in the back with his feet propped up on the back of my seat. I didn't care though. Oliver and I were on good terms. We've been speaking a lot more recently. I guess you could say we were really good friends. And it's only been a week. Tom and Tashia were getting kind of serious in a way. She was freaking out cause she might meet his dad today. We all might. We were going to Oliver's, Savvy's, and Tom's family get together. They were celebrating Tom's 18th birthday party. It was supposed to be this huge thing. The party where kids can be around is during the day from noon to 6 p.m. And then the Adult party started, I guess. But the thing was I wasn't an adult yet. I had three more weeks until my birthday, 4 more weeks until I head off to the college my parents are insisting I go to. Chris was taking his car and Brittany. Tom was driving himself and Tashia and I was with Savvy and Oliver. They invited us.

My phone vibrated and I took it from my pants pocket. I had a text. I opened it and it was from Tashia.

'What if he doesn't don't like me??? >.<'

I let out a small laugh.

"What?" Oliver jumped forward and looked over my shoulder to my phone.

"Tashia is nervous about meeting your dad. She thinks that he won't like her." I said. Oliver let out a scoff.

"'E might not even show up, that bastard. Like 'is opinion matters." Oliver said and then sat back. We pulled into an empty parking garage.

"We need teh get blazed before we go teh this damn thing. So, let's light up." Savvy said. I let out a small laugh. I did this occasionally with them, it was fun. After we smoked, Savvy drove the five minutes it took to get there from that parking garage. I sprayed myself with perfume and put in eye drops. Savvy led the way and Oliver followed behind me. We walked to the fence and that's when I saw the house. It was huge. Savvy pushed the button.

"Savannah, 'ow many times do we 'ave teh tell ya, bring yer car and park it in 'ere." A voice came from the speaker,

"Meh car is fine out 'ere. I want teh make it easy teh flee if I need a quick get away." she said. A buzzer sounded and the gate opened. We walked in and up to the house where the doors were opened for us. We walked in, the inside was huge.

"Savannah, dear! We missed ya!" A lady called to her, engulfing her into a hug. Savvy pushed away. The woman went to Oliver next.

"My most 'andsome nephew." she smiled and hugged Oliver. He just stood there. She pulled away and looked at me.

"Another bird, ehy Olleh? Much different than Sarah." she said eyeing me.

"No, Aunteh. She's our friend. She's Chris' sister, Samantha." Oliver said.

"Oh, nice teh meet ya sweetheart. 'M Savannah's mom, Celeste D'Saval Bernard Reynolds." she said.

"Reynolds? Yeh guys got married while yeh were in Russia?" Savvy asked her mom.

"Spur of the moment thing, sweetie. No big deal." her mom waved it off. "Come along, everyone else is already 'ere." she led the way to the back yard, which was decorated and was filled with many people. A lot of people. Seriously, over 200 for sure. I'm pretty sure they only knew half. Oliver had said his aunt likes to exaggerate things.

We found the table with Tom and Tashia. I also took note of Chris and Brittany sitting there. I stifled laughter when I saw Brittany. I swear I heard Savvy gagging. She was wearing A LOT of leopard print.

I sat down next to Oliver and Savvy. Oliver was right next to Tom. Tashia was next to Tom. The rest of the band was after Tashia and then Brittany and Chris. And Savvy and Chris were next to each other. I could tell something was going to happen already. Something like when a tornado meets a volcano. Everyone snacked on the appetizers on the table.

People came by and said birthday wishes to Tom. Everyone was just talking and laughing, except Brittany. She just sat there examining her acrylic leopard tipped nails. I think she might like leopard print. I looked next to me and Oliver seemed to be bothered by something. I poked his thigh with my index finger and he looked towards me.

"You okay?" I whispered. He nodded a bit. "Liar." I whispered again. He rolled his eyes and poked my thigh. I then realized. Tom or Oliver had not introduced us to anyone that seemed to be their dad. Was that what was bothering Oliver?

It was now about 4 p.m. I heard a throat clear and everyone focused on it source. There stood a tall slender, but built man. He had dark hair and hazel eyes.

"Acknowledge the fact that your father is here, sons." he said looking at Tom and Oliver. The stood up.

"'ello, sir." they said. I could see why they didn't like him much.

"Everyone this is my and Tom's dad, Brenden Sykes." Oliver said. Everyone said their hellos.

"Dad, I would like yeh teh meet someone special," Tom said standing up. He motioned for Tashia to stand up, which she did, hesitantly. "Dad this is my girlfriend, Tashia. Tashia, my dad." Tom said. Tashia stood there for a moment before speaking.

"It's nice teh meet yeh sir. Yeh 'ave great sons." she said. he stared at her for about 3 minutes, no one saying anything.

"They could be better in various ways. Obvious ones." he said. Well that was rude. Tashia took a small step back as he still looked at her. "This is an extremely obvious one." he still stared at Tashia. I could see the tears beginning to form in her eyes. No one said a word. No one moved. That is until Oliver did.

"Yer such a fucking asshole. You don't 'ave the right teh judge everything and everybody. Yer not God. Yer just a worthless asshole who is miserable and feels the need teh make everyone else miserable." Oliver said loud and clear. His father switched his gaze to him and just stared. Oliver stared back. I set my hand on his knees and squeezed it, He set his hand on mine and squeezed my hand. His dad finally just walked away.

Tom pulled Tashia into a hug and walked off. Most of everyone dispersed from the table. Oliver did too, but he pulled me along. We went out to a small pond in the far back of the yard, surrounded by trees. He sat against a tree trunk and I sat next to him. He didn't say anything for a while, just stared at the water with an angry expression. I sat here, playing with my fingers.

"Ya know what ticks me off the most? 'E didn't even say 'appy birthday teh Tommeh. And 'e insulted Tashia like that. She's a wonderful girl and great for Tommeh, my dad is a sour bastard." Oliver finally said, anger coating every word that flowed from his mouth. Oliver eyes began to shimmer and shine. They were glossy. Was he crying? I instantly threw my arms around his neck and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me, and cried into my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his hair and rubbed his back, soothingly.

"Shh," I whispered in his ear, "I'm here for you Oliver." He hugged me tighter.

_______________________________________________

I walked back with Oliver to where the party was. By now it was about 7, all the younger kids and what not were gone. Only adults and young adults. I found Tashia and hugged her.

"You're amazing, don't let anyone tell you different." I said to her. She nodded and smiled.

"Let's dance!" she shouted. We ended up drinking some mixed drinks. I then heard some bickering. We stopped dancing and walked to where Savvy and Brittany were, arguing. Chris was standing by Brittany.

"Shut yer mouth ya cheap whore. Go get fucked or somethin'." Savvy said to Brittany.

"Really? Wow yer such a sleaze. Go be jealous of someone else." Brittany said. I rolled my eyes. Oliver appeared at my side.

"I am a sleaze? Wow. Not even. And why would I be jealous of nothing? Actually yer less than nothing."

"'ow can yeh be less than nothing? Yer stupid. Go learn something useful instead of being on yer knees all the time." Brittany said. I knew that was it. She was over. Savvy lunged at her an the next thing we knew was that Brittany was punched up and bleeding on the floor and Savvy was being pulled away. She kicked her ass. Chris freaked out and grabbed Brittany and left. I rolled my eyes and faced Oliver. he let out a small laugh.

"That was funneh." he said.

"I thought Brittany was your friend?" I asked. Oliver laughed even harder.

"Yeah right. Just some bitch I got for yer brother to shut 'im up. 'E bitches a lot." Oliver said, I nodded in agreement. Slower songs began to play.

"Dance with me again?" Oliver asked. I smiled and took his hand, letting him lead me to the dance floor. We dance for most of he night together, nothing less and nothing more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sam
Savvy
Tashia
Brittany

Felt like doing all the outfits. Sorry I won't be updating as often, but like stated in the status, I am going back to school and don't know when I will have the time to update my stories, but I will as soon as possible for all of them. Thanks. :)