That's Life.

That's Life.

"Why the hell are you crying Yuki?" Uncle Jerry screamed at me. At this point, I wanted to rip his heart out. Maybe then he would know what I felt deep down. Unfortunately, I don't believe he had a heart. I got off the couch and ran to my room, glancing back at him quickly before slamming the door shut.

My room was nice and cold so I just laid there on the carpet with tears rolling down my face. My hands reached for a big book under the bed. My albums. The only precious memories I had left of my parents. Mom was killed two years ago by a drunk driver while I was anxiously waiting for her to come home that night for Thanksgiving dinner. Dad, on the other hand, left my mom when I was 5. I don't know the full story but I still remember him being a good dad.

"I miss you." I whispered as I came upon a picture of mom and Uncle Jerry. As much as I love him, sometimes I wished mom wasn't an only child and had a sister I could go live with. Uncle Jerry got too obnoxious as all boys get at times.

As I turned the page, in the center was a picture of my dad and I going to the beach. I cried as the vague memory of that day came back to me. He wasn't some bad guy who hated his family and just ran off. At least to me he wasn't. He took care of us while he was here. That's why I needed to find him. To prove to everyone that they were wrong about him. To prove to myself that my life wasn't always going to be this big depression forever.

Knock knock. Uncle Jerry came busting in giving me his obnoxiously creepy stare. I rolled over so that I was facing under the bed instead of looking anywhere at him. "Kiddo, I don't want you to do this. Do you get it? If he loved you so much, he wouldn't have left."

"YEAH? Well I wish certain people who claim to love me would leave me alone right now." I mumbled under my breath. He rolled me over using his feet and sat me up. Shaking his head, he handed me the cup of coffee and walked to the door.

"You can't go looking for someone who doesn't want you." He said. At this point, I don't know why I had never seen this ugly side of my uncle before. He was being such a cold-hearted bitch.

The contents of the mug went flying across at him as I yelled,"Don't tell me what to do you aren't my real dad! I'm going to go look for him and you can't stop me!" Uncle Jerry shook his head as he walked out angry and soaking in coffee.

"You're going to go there looking for someone that you will never find, get disappointed and sad, but oh well. Don't come to me looking for answers. That's life."