The Twists and Turns of Love

Sarah

When the door had opened and Sarah had seen Eric on the other side, her heart started beating so quickly she feared he would hear it.

It was him. Finally.

And then he had started going on about how long it had taken him to find her, which she would never have imagined. And he had said she was amazing. No cool, not great. Amazing. It was like a wonderful dream she never wanted to wake from.

Except it was reality and in reality there are problems and it’s not all dreamy moments.

Why hadn’t she thought for just one second? Eric was Tim’s friend. He was just at his house. It wasn’t a miracle, it was just plain old coincidence. And she had told Tim she liked him and not Eric.

“This is the famous Linda,” Eric had announced so sure of what he was saying.

Was he confusing her with another girl? Then all those compliments were for that Linda girl and not for her.

“No, this is Sarah.”

“You’re Sarah?” Eric asked, turning to her.

“Yes,” she managed to say.

“But you- you’re the girl I ran into, aren’t you?”

“Yes,” Sarah repeated.

“But then I-”

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a slip of paper.

“Of course,” he said, staring at it.

“What is that?” Sarah asked, wondering what in the world a paper in his pocket had to do with her.

“You dropped this that one time we saw each other and I kind of, well, I got it,” Eric explained, handing it to her.

“Oh, I was wondering where this had gone. I was supposed to give it to a girl I know, Linda.”

“Well that makes a lot of sense.”

She smiled.

“So she’s the girl you’ve been talking about this whole time,” Tim said.

Sarah had forgotten he was there and, seeing him, she remembered why the situation was so awkward.

“I guess so,” Eric replied, uncomfortable as well.

“All this time we were talking about the same girl. It’s like something out of a movie.”

There was an awkward silence no one seemed brave enough to interrupt. It would have to be her.

“I better go,” she said.

“Do you need a ride?” Tim asked.

“No, it’s ok.”

“Are you sure?” Eric insisted.

“Yeah,” she replied, turning to him.

What she saw in his eyes made her turn away quickly. There was something in them she couldn’t quite make out, and that, for some reason, made her nervous.

“Bye,” she said, looking back at Tim and barely even glancing at Eric.

As soon as she was out the door, she breathed out. She hadn’t even noticed she had been holding her breath.

She had to make a choice. A choice between two friends. She could break their friendship with whichever one she picked. Sure, she liked Eric and thought Tim was a good guy but she had to think of others before herself. She had to think of their frienship. That was much more important than any relationship she could have with them. She would just disappear right out of their lives and she would only be a bad memory and nothing else.
That was just the way it had to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short little chapter so you all don't kill me. The thing is, I've started school (Junior year, baby!) (I'm sorry for that. I get carried away sometimes.:D) and I'm really busy with all the homework the teachers give us (yeah, I've had homework since the very first day) and also I don't have as much free time cause I like to rest and stuff.:)
Thanks for reading and for your patience. It is much appreciated.
-Brenda