Status: In Progress

Catch a Falling Star

Chapter XIII

I took a deep breath , focusing on the blanket stretched over me. How the heck was I supposed to explain my life without letting him know all that I have done?

“Well?” He asked again.

I looked up at him, his blue eyes slightly cloudy, and black circles placed under them. “Have you been getting sleep?” I asked, actually feeling concern for how he looked.

“None of your business, now where were you?” he asked in a demanding tone, frightening me slightly.

“I went – I went home for Christmas.”

“You went home for Christmas?”

“Yeah.”

“You went home for Christmas three months early, with the people who were trying to kill you?”

“No, they didn’t follow –“

“Who were they?” He slightly yelled at me, sitting rigid in his seat.

Merlin, how was I going to be able to explain this one. “Well, uh, where I’m from we call them Hunters.”

He snorted. “That’s fitting. Care to explain why you were the prey?

“Actually, I really would rather not.”

“That wasn’t a question.”

“Doesn’t change my answer.” I replied a bit snappy.

“Fine, then explain why you kissed me.”

I closed my eyes and leaned back on the pillows, wishing I was able to just disappear at that moment.

“Brittana, why did you kiss me?”

“Because…” I started, finding it hard to choke out the real reason. I was hoping that he either forgot, or just took it and hoped it would lead to something more, which of course, it wouldn’t. Apparently I was silent for way too long.

“Because you could? Because you actually like me? Because of what?”

“Because I knew that you would be so surprised by it that you would stay put and I could get out on my own and They wouldn’t grab you and get you involved.” I had been staring at the patterned blanket when I said it and made the bad mistake of looking up into his eyes.

He looked hurt.

“Draco, I’m sorry – It was completely inappropriate and –“

“To get me to stay?”

“Draco, I’m sorry.”

“I’ll go get Zambini.” He stated oddly, standing up and turning his back toward me.

“Draco, can we talk, please?” I almost pleaded, trying to push myself up off the bed. I felt as though someone had repeatedly kicked me in the gut. I had royally screwed up.

I could have just lied and said it was because I liked him, I should have lied and said that I liked him. I don’t like him, right? I mean, hoping he was there the night I returned really doesn’t mean anything, does it?

“Draco!” I called again, throwing the blanket off of me and trying to stand up and take off after him. Blaise was faster, and held me back, putting me back into bed. I didn’t even notice my tears until after my vision was blurry. I don’t ever cry, and I was embarrassed that I was crying over a boy in front of Blaise no less.

Blaise stayed silent and climbed onto the bed beside me and just held me, letting me cry onto his white shirt. I felt awful.

“I screwed up.” I told him, feeling obligated to say something.

“I’m just glad you’re back.” He told me, tightening his hug for a moment before relaxing.

“I’m so sorry.”

“I know,” he said, petting my hair.

“I was in trouble, so I just left and now I’ve screwed everything up because my Brothers don’t want me at home and Draco is mad at me here and you’re mad at me, I’m so so so sorry,” I was sobbing at this point, and I really wanted to kick my own butt for being a wuss.

“I’m not mad at you. Worried as hell when Malfoy ran to me screaming that you disappeared and a bit pissed that you ditched us, mainly me, but I’m not mad at you. There are things that we can’t always control. However, you did something to Malfoy that really through him for a loop.” He stated resting his head on mine. I could feel his grin that was silently begging to be told the story.

Blaise was my best friend, and right now, my only friend. So I told him everything, from the awkward date to the Hunters attacking to me kissing Draco. He was howling he was laughing so hard at the strange events and it was nice to hear some cheerfulness.

“You kissed him? Merlin, that’s why he was so excited. After hearing him talk over and over about how he was going to get you to fall head over heels for him. Bloody brilliant, poppet!” he chuckled giving me a quick squeeze.

“Yeah, well I told him the truth and now he’s mad at me so I’ve royally screwed that up.”
Blaise stayed silent for a long minute, and I hated it when he did that. It meant he was thinking and I probably wouldn’t like what he said.

“I thought you didn’t like him.”

“I don’t.”

“Well, you seem quite a bit upset that he’s upset with you.”

“I don’t like it when anyone is upset with me.”

“But if you don’t like him, wouldn’t this mean he would leave you alone more?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“And when on earth did you start calling him ‘Draco’?”

“He asked me to on the date-“

“You don’t call anyone you don’t like by their first name.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Yes I do, because before you left I was the only one that was called by my first name.”

“That doesn’t prove anything.” I growled, pretty sure I knew where he was going with this.

“Britt, you like him, don’t you?”

“No, of course not! I mean, well –“ I stumbled. Shit! You don’t stumble when you are confident of something.

“You like him!”

“Blaise, don’t do this.”

“Bloody hell, he actually won you over.”

“No he didn’t!” I snapped. I did not like Draco Malfoy, did I?

“Damn, I’m going to start taking tips from him if it wins over birds like you.”

“Excuse me?”

“It’s the truth! And it’s a complement, promise.” He mumbled, deep in thought.

“I was never won over!”

“Yeah sure –“

“I wasn’t!”

Blaise and I were face to face at this point, a grin taking up most of his. “Fine. Whatever. By the way, you still owe me a date.”

“The Hogsmede thing? Really?” I said, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes, really. Next Saturday. We’ll go and make everyone jealous.”

“Blaise, I’m on Draco’s bad side already –“

“I thought you didn’t like him?”

“I don’t,”

“Then go with me.”

“Fine,” I finally caved, lying beside him on the small bed.

“Wonderful!” He said excitedly, giving a small clap that echoed throughout the room. He rolled to his stomach and then gave me a quick peck on the cheek before rising. “We have talked through Dinner, poppet, so I’m off to get food and head to bed. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Alright. Goodnight Blaise.”

“Goodnight, Britt.”

And with that he left the room.

Draco’s Point of View

That you would stay put was the only thing that kept echoing around my mind. There was nothing behind it, no reason for it, except that it would stun me long enough to make sure that I stayed put. I don’t know why I was so upset she said that, I mean, after all, I’m Draco Malfoy. I could get any girl I want, any time I want, no questions asked, except her.

Why the hell could I not win her over?

The portrait swung open, allowing someone to step inside.

“Malfoy!” I heard, spinning around to seeing Blaise stuff his face. “I don’t know how you did it, mate, but I’m taking lessons from you for now on.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Briit, mate! She’s falling hard for you!”

“Yeah, right,” I huffed, facing the fire once more.”

“I’m serious!” Blaise said plopping down beside me and offering me a sub of sorts, which I immediately took and started eating. “She couldn’t tell me a straight yes or no answer when I asked.”

“So? You’ve just told me that she’s confused. That’s not good news.”

“Yeah, it’s great news! I mean, depending how you act, you could have her completely convinced that she likes you in a matter of days!”

“Whatever,” I stated, not happy that he’s telling me this. I was pretty sure that he was trying to boost my spirits, but it was going to take more than trying to convince me that she likes me.

“Eh, fine. Don’t do anything. By the way, she and I are going to Hogsmede next weekend, making up for that date she skipped.”

Something started forming at the pit of my stomach, eating away at me from his last statement. Jealousy? No, Malfoy’s don’t get jealous. “Do whatever you want, mate. She’s not worth my time.” I glanced over at him, and he looked like I had just sprouted two heads.

“Whatever, mate.” He said standing and heading off to our dorms.

But as soon as he left, I was running through my mind ideas on how to steal her away from him.

As much as I didn’t want to admit it, Brittana had made me fall for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm BACK!

So sorry that college sorta- totally took over my life for a bit there. But I made this one EXTRA long just for ya and the new one should be coming out soon!

100 readers, 12 subscribers, and 3 stars! Y'all rock!