Status: In Progress

Catch a Falling Star

Chapter II

I didn’t say a word, hoping he would just leave; but that was just wishful thinking. I stared hard at the open area marked off by an old, wooden fence.

“Such a beautiful creature must have an equally beautiful name.” His eyes were once more boring into the side of my skull.

I kept my lips sealed and acted as if I didn’t hear him. A twig snapped and I could feel his hot breath on the side of my neck. Chills ran down my spine, before I mentally slapped myself.

He called me a creature.

But he did say beautiful creature.

No! It doesn’t matter, I can’t get involved anyway. Dad would kill me.

I pushed myself away from him and the tree I was leaning against, walking toward a group dressed in red and gold, hoping he would get the hint to stay away. The year will go much easier as long as I kept to myself. I had jobs to complete, and I didn’t need people to distract me.

Draco Malfoy stood shocked, staring after the 5’4” brunette that had just walked toward the group of Gryffindors. Never had any girl completely ignore and walk away from him before. He always had them at his feet within minutes. Anger began to swell within him, his eyebrows furrowing over his icy eyes.

“Looks like Malfoy has lost his charm,” his best mate, Blaise, chuckled checking out the brunette as she walked off. “Mind if I take a chance?”

Draco narrowed his eyes at the girl’s back. “Yes, I do.”

Blaise looked over at the tall blonde, cocking one black eyebrow. “She won’t even look at you.”

“She’ll come around,” Draco replied, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against the tree. I’ll make sure of it, he thought, I haven’t lost a challenge yet.

A smirk formed upon his lips, partly from the thought that had entered his mind and partly from watching Potter drastically fail at trying to impress the new brunette.
♠ ♠ ♠
Little bit of insite to Britt's past. Comments, please? I'm so excited that two people subscribed to my story!!! Thank you!