Status: In Progress

Catch a Falling Star

Chapter IV

The thick wooden door slammed shut, causing me to jump slightly.

“What are you thinking?” Professor Snape growled at me, eyes narrowing into slits.

“I was thinking that I’m quite tired of everyone staring at me and not being left alone when I ask it.” I hissed right back, the Texas accent being quite apparent.

“Your father told me to watch over you and make sure you did your job. You were also ordered not to become involved with any boys at this school. Your parents will make that decision when the time is right.” If you live that long, he added in his mind, unhappily. “You are putting yourself in the crossfire of Mr. Potter and Mr. Malfoy, do you think that is wise?”

My anger was boiling within me and it escaped through my words. “Well you have done a fine job so far watching over me. Hell, I don’t even understand the basics of this school with the houses and point system and whatnot. I was told that I am coming here because we moved to England and they were not going to pay for travel to my old school. Now, I am in trouble because two boys that are wearing different colors keep following me around and keep trying to talk to me. I know my job…my jobs… while I’m here, and will ask as politely as I can for you to stay out of my way, dearest Uncle.”

“First, watch your language and tone with me young lady, we wouldn’t want precious Daddy to find out you are disobeying.”

“Would you quit calling him that? He is not my father; he is my male foster parent. My Father is six feet under-“ and that is when his hand slapped my face.

“You will listen to me.” He hissed as both of our eyes glared down at each other. “I am here to assist you with your jobs. I will be checking in with you on a constant basis to make sure that you are accomplishing what you need to in a quick and orderly manner. Also, be quite aware that I am giving your Father a full, detailed report every time I do so. Don’t screw up.”

And with that he opened the door, shoved me out, and slammed it closed again.

I straightened my clothes and made my way into the Great Hall. When I walked inside, I glanced around, trying to find the table with my same color clothing. One thing that I had quickly learned here was that you do not mix any colors with the green and black, Slytherin, if I remember correctly, group. My group.

I spotted Blondie surrounded by his friends, sitting about midway down the table. I fought with myself in my head to go against my Uncle or not. I decided that at this point, it was probably not wise; so I sat myself down at the very end of the table, took a proportionate amount of food on my plate, and pulled out a book. This was going to be a very boring lunch.

The group laughed as Blaise Zambini re-enacted one of his stories from Summer Break in Germany. As he finished, quite proud of himself for putting all of his friends into a fit of laughter, he looked up and saw the Brunette, Ms. Spiderwick, sitting alone at the end of the table. He quickly excused himself and went and sat across from her.

She looked up, gave a small glare, and returned to her book. “Would you please go away. I’ve already said no to your friend.”

He cocked his head slightly and looked at her. “I’m not here for Malfoy’s sake, I’m here for mine.”

He stuck his right hand out across the table, his arm just long enough to reach infront of her plate. She spotted it and looked up at him.
“Hi, my name is Blaise Zambini. Welcome to Hogwarts and to the Slytherin house.”

A slight smile broke across her face as she took his right hand in hers and gave it a small shake.

“Thank you, Blaise. My name is Brittana Spiderwick, but you can call me Britt.”

They smiled at each other – instant friendship.

Draco Malfoy narrowed his cold, blue eyes at the two at the end of the table. What the hell was Zambini thinking? She was going to be his? Draco scoffed at the thought. Not in this lifetime. He, too, excused himself from the group that surrounded him and walked toward the end of the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading my story thus far! Please comment and rate!

~Kait