Status: In Progress

Catch a Falling Star

Chapter V

Draco walked up and stood directly behind Blaise. Brittana was the first to spot him; and when she did, she gathered her things, bid good-bye to Blaise, and headed to the common room, for she had a free period.

Blaise also stood, turning to face Draco. “Is there a problem?” he asked sickly sweet.

“What the hell do you think that you are doing?”

“Making a new friend,” he replied bluntly, with a smile on his lips.

Draco narrowed his icy eyes, his hands curling into fists at his side. “If I find that you are trying to sweep her out from under me-“

“Oh lighten up, Malfoy. I’ve done nothing wrong. She’s new. She doesn’t know anyone here. She lived in another bloody country, dammit! All I am doing is being polite, and apparently it is working.” His smile broadened with the pride that was swelling in him, with finally beating Malfoy at something. “You need to relax,” he snickered, turning on his heel and leaving the Great Hall.

Malfoy scoffed at the remark, frustrated that he could not come back with a statement that quick. After standing awkwardly a couple of minutes, he went and sat down with his friends, all, of course, who quickly tried to calm him. They knew his temper.

I let out a sigh of relief as I laid down on the black, leather couch in the Common Room. I smiled in spite of herself. I had made a friend. Sure, we weren’t close or anything, but it was instant friendship as soon as we shook hands.

My eyes were quickly growing heavy, as it had been one of the first times I had finally stopped moving or working long enough to relax. Within a minute or two, I found myself off in Dreamland, with nothing to worry about.

Draco Malfoy rubbed his eyes as he walked back toward the common room. The mask he wore was wearing thin, and it took all his strength to act his “normal self”. Screw Ancient Ruins, he needed a nap.

When he came to the snake portrait guarding the entrance to the Slytherin common room, he mumbled the password, and quickly stepped inside. He walked to the couch, ready to jump on it and sleep to his heart’s content; until he noticed someone else had the same idea.

He looked down at the girl, a slight frown on his face. He was tired and this was his couch, so he did the first thing that came to mind. He started poking her.

“Oy, get of my couch!”

She growled, slapped his hand away and opened her eyes and looked at him upside down. “Your name is not on this couch; therefore it is opened to whoever gets here first. Today that it is me. Now leave me alone.” Brittana then rolled over so she faced the back of the couch.

Draco, not liking this answer, once more began to poke her. “I’m tired. Get off my couch.”

Brittana ignored him, so Draco laid down on the couch beside her. She didn’t take up much room, so it wasn’t hard.

I glared at the leather seat cushion. Seriously? I just wanted a peaceful 30 minute nap. This blonde boy was raking on my last nerve. So, I turned over and shoved him off the couch.

He fell with a thud and a groan. He cursed, pushed himself up into a sitting position and glared at her. If only looks could kill, I thought, mimicking his face.

“What the hell, woman?” he shouted at me.

“I. Was. Here. First!” I emphasized each word a little harder than before.

Laughter shook the room, causing the angry couple to look up and glare at the teen that had just walked.

“You two are just made for each other!”

“Shut up, Zambini!” we yelled together.

Blaise was still chuckling, trying to catch a breath. “I just came to get Brittana for Defense,” he said, laughter finally dying down.

Draco smirked, and locked eyes with Blaise, who quickly realized his mistake. Draco narrowed his eyes at Blaise, signaling him to be quiet. He heard Brittana start to move off the couch and took his one and only chance to test his theory about his blue eyes.

He whipped around, grabbed one of her arms, and looked at her dead in the eyes. “May I travel with you? My class is on the way.”

She froze, staring into his eyes. It was about that time that he noticed her eyes were a swirl of light and dark blue that constantly swirled around each other.

After a few more seconds, Brittana finally gained a hold of herself and pulled her hand away. She turned her head, stood and grabbed her bag, and almost sprinted to Blaise, who happened to be glaring at Draco.

“I’ll see you at dinner then, Brittana?” he said, giving an infamous smirk toward the couch.

There was no answer, other than the door swinging shut.

Just wait, he thought smugly to himself, you’ll be mine yet. Then he hopped up on the couch and almost instantly fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so if you are a little confused with the point of view changes, here's the deal. The paragraphs with the 3 levels of space in between are point of view changes from Brittana to Draco.
I don't think that this is one of my best, and I apologize for that. Please comment, rate, such and so forth.

~Kait