Status: In Progress

Catch a Falling Star

Chapter VII

Today was going to be hell, I could tell. First thing that happens? I sleep through my alarm – which meant a quick dress and no breakfast. Second? I remember that I have a date Mr. Asshole himself. Merlin, I couldn’t believe that I agreed to that payment. I should have just taken the bloody detention.

I was the last one into Advanced Potions, but I wasn’t late by about thirty seconds. Sighing heavily, I collapsed into my chair and closed my eyes.

“Late night, dear?” I heard Blondie whisper as Slughorn started the lesson. It took all my energy not to scream at him. Slowly, I opened my eyes and sent a glare in his direction. He looked absolutely perfect – not tired at all. What the hell?

“Why are you so cheery?” I hissed back, turning my attention to the chalk writing on the board.

He did nothing but smirk to himself.

Class went by quickly and silently, as did the Care of Magical Creatures. (I swear, does that that teacher not have a brain? One day he will kill the class.) However, Four – Eyes tried once more to gain my interest. Personally, he becomes more irritating every time that I see him. The only good thing that I found about being near him was that Malfoy kept his distance from the both of us.

Once the bell rang, I quickly headed up toward the doors, trying to escape any conversation and just getting to lunch – I was starving from missing breakfast. But tall, smirking, Blondie was faster.

“Brittana,”

I ignored him, really not in the mood to talk.

“Brittana,” he repeated, this time grabbing my left arm and flipping me around to face him.
I hissed slightly, and yanked my arm away. “What?”

“Two things, first being why were you with Potter?”

Potter? Why does that sound familiar?

“I wasn’t with him, he came to me…and talked…a lot.”

A slight chuckle escaped him, which caught me momentarily off guard. He was capable of an emotion other than something that required a smirk? Oh wait, no. There it is.

“Second, about the date tonight. Meet me under the oak at about 6:30 pm and wear something semi-formal. A dress would be appropriate.”

Really? How dare he. I opened my mouth to protest but he pressed a finger to my lips.

“Shh. Remember, this doesn’t happen, you have detention.”

Anger boiled within me, “You don’t move that finger and I’ll break it.”

That smirk appeared once more before he removed his hand and I had half the mind to punch him in the face for it. He then moved closer, and I quickly turned my head away. He then whispered in my ear, “See you tonight, love,” and disappeared into the crowd.

Multiple words swam through my head, but a few finally stuck together to describe what I was feeling.

Bloody fuckin’ hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that I haven't updated in a long time! I just got finished settling into my dorm, so things have calmed down a bit. I promise the next one will have the date!!