Status: In Progress

Catch a Falling Star

Chapter VIII

I walked into the common room and face planted into the big leather couch in front of the fireplace. “Fuck me!” I screamed into the pillow, trying to figure out what I could do to get out of it. There must be something!

“Gladly,” I heard a friendly voice say before there extra weight sank into the couch near my feat.

“Sorry, Blaise, but I’d rather not. Actually, I’d rather not do anyone.” I forced myself up and turned around to face him.

“Then I recommend not screaming it,” He said with a shrug, chuckling at face. My eyes were narrowed and my arms were crossed. “Aw, come here,” he said holding his arms out for a hug.

I crawled into his arms and sighed in frustration.

“What did you do?”

“Why do you assume that it was something I did?”

“Well, you were the one who screamed-“

“Not my fault, stupid Malfoy.”

Blaise relaxed his arms and looked down at me. “Why would he be the problem?”

“I have to go on a date with him tonight….6:30….”
“I hate to break it to you, Britt, but usually going on a date requires a yes from both people. This means that you agreed to this, which greatly surprises me, due to your passionate hate for him.”

“It’s a date by force.”

“How?”

Well, shit. I’m not allowed to tell anyone about my little job. How can I explain this? A little white lie won’t hurt, right?

“Um…well, I was out late, studying in the library, and lost track of time. And when I realized that it was so late, I headed back and he was on patrol and it is the only way that I won’t get detention.”

Blaise took the lie as truth, without a second thought about it. “You keep studying like that and everyone will think that you are in the wrong house. You need to relax.”

“Like you, Mr. A-Average?”

“It’s still passing,”

“Yeah, but you don’t have a father that will kill you if you don’t make straight O’s.”

Blaise shook his head, making a sarcastic clicking noise with his tongue. “You are hanging out with me this weekend, and will learn to relax.”

“Can’t, have two exams on Monday –“

“Can and will.”

“Says who?”

“Says me,”

At this point we were both standing, I glaring up at him, he glaring down at me. “I. Can’t.”

“You. Will.”

“Make. Me.”

He smirked and crossed his arms. “Gladly. “ And with that he sprinted up the stairs to the boy’s dormitory, in just enough time so that I couldn’t figure a reply to his remark. I just have no luck today, do I?

Picking up my bag, I headed to my dorm, needing to figure out what I would wear tonight. My creative juices were not flowing, no excuse was coming. I was tempted to order something from that joke shop, Weasly Wonders or something, and get one of those sick packs, but it probably wouldn’t get here in time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I missed Blaise...didn't y'all?