Waves & the Both of us

A Little To Close

Camilla and Joe sat near the front of the bus, discussing "the plan", but this quickly ceased once Nick walked into the room, "Uh... Hey... What's going on?" He asked, suspiciously, while narrowing his eyes at them.

"NUTHIN." Joe spat, quickly.

Camilla gave him a 'stop-talking' look, as he shrugged, "I'm just.. getting to know him. That's all." She said, thinking before answering.

"Okay..." Nick said, slowly, "Well I'm going to go get Miranda. Kev's ready for dinner."

-----------------------------

(Nick's POV)

Camilla and Joe payed me no mind, they just kept whispering amongst themselves. So I jumped off our bus and headed to her's.

I knocked a couple of times, until her agent... Dale, answered, "Hey. Come in."

I gave him a friendly smile as I climbed the giant stairs, "You looking for Miranda?"

"Yeah." I said.

"In her bunk." He said, stuffing a sandwich in his mouth, as he pointed towards the back of the bus. I gave him a quick, 'Thanks', as I slowly made my way down a short hallway with two bunks on either side stacked on top of eachother. There was only one bunk, on the lower left side, that had the curtains shut, so I pulled them back slowly and there she was.

She was so beautiful, and she looked so peaceful. I couldn't bare to wake her up, so I carefully crawled in the bunk, and wrapped my arms around her waste. She quickly grabbed me and snuggled into my chest, to soon settle her head in the crook of my neck. It felt so natural... like she was a piece of a puzzle... we fit together perfectly.

This wasn't really a rare occurance, though. I climbed into her bunk often, when I didn't want to wake her, and she often slipped into my bunk when there was a storm or if she had a nightmare. Of course, she goes to Joe's bunk occasionally and rarely goes to Kevin's, but she still does. That's only if I'm not around, though. I knew they would never try anything with her anyway. They know I'm in love with her. I just don't know if she feels the same way...

I was starting to drift off to sleep, when I felt her shift around and yawn, "Ughh.." She grunted, "Nick?"

"Hmm..." I hummed, not even bothering to open my eyes.

She began to stretch, "I must have been sleeping forever," I loved the way she sounded when she was talking and stretching at the same time, "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I couldn't." I said, groggily, as I finally opened my eyes.

She just smiled, while she played with the tiny hairs on the nape of my neck, "Well we have to eat." She said, while trying to get up before I grabbed her.

I smiled, "No we don't," I said, as I cuddled into her neck. I was getting butterflies again. I loved being this close to her.

She laughed, and began playing with my hair again. I loved it when she did that, "Nick?"

"Hmm?" I hummed into her neck.

"What would you do if..." She stopped and took a breath, "If you were in love with one of your friends?"

'I am.'

"What do you mean?" I asked, as I pulled back and looked at her.

She looked away, "Would you tell them...?" She asked.

"Yeah..." I said, as I snaked my arms around her waste.

'Liar.'

She just sighed.

"Why?" I asked.

"Nothing," She said, shaking her head, "It's nothing."

She looked back at me as I ran my finger tips along her forhead, brushing a few stray hairs away. I hovered over her slowly, as my hand ran along her soft cheeks and down her neck. She looked away, and I placed my hand under her chin and guided her head back to where it was so she could look at me. We immediately locked eyes again, and I leaned in slowly. Her eyes drifted shut, as she ran her hands through my hair. My eyes closed... I loved it when she played with my hair. It gave me tingles... much like the ones I get whenever she's around. I gently layed my body on top of hers as her other arm wrapped itself around my waste. I was enjoying the feeling of our bodies so close, and leaned in further. Our lips were barely touching when...

"NICK. MIRANDA." I heard Kevin's obnoxious voice.

She immediately opened her eyes and pushed me off of her, "Over here, Kev." She called, peeping her head out of the bunk.

I just layed there, grabbing a pillow to put over my face as I groaned loudly.

'Great way to ruin the purfect moment, KEV.'