Just Another Lovesick Boy

oo6

Eddy always had that kind of face that was easily read. Almost all of our lives, I could always tell what he was feeling based on his expression. He did not have to be painfully obvious but he would do these things that would clue me in on how he felt. For example, his left eyebrow would slightly twitch up when he was telling a lie. It gave him a sort of arrogant expression, which was how he usually acted when he lied. Though not all of his expressions were obvious, I could tell that he was confused when I asked him for help in getting Nara Lee to like me.

His delicate, dark eyebrows rose slightly as he looked at me before he slowly turned his head away from me. Our steps fell slower as we walked in unison on our way to our school. His black hair was glowing a slight blue color in the sunlight and was hiding away his face, which was already partially hidden behind his dark sunglasses. He licked his chapped pink lips, his tongue slightly hesitating over his lip piercing, before he opened his mouth to speak to me.

“And how the hell do you expect me to do that, exactly?” he asked.

“How the fuck should I know? That’s why I’m asking.”

“You act like I’m an expert on this,” he laughed.

“You are when compared to me. Eddy, I’ve only had one girlfriend in my life, if you can even consider her that.”

“Who?” he asked incredulously.

“Emma Rochelle.”

“Dude, you guys acted more like friends than boyfriend and girlfriend. It only lasted a month. We were in eighth grade. Nothing counted then.”

“Exactly! Whereas you have had plenty of girlfriends.”

“Not even,” he laughed. “I’ve only had, like, four.”

“Stop lying, what about all those other girls?”

“Internet, dude. None of that really counts.”

“Whatever. You have more experience in this, admit it. Just help me. What did you do to get girls to like you?”

“With my fantastic good looks, fucker, what did you think?”

“Eddy! I’m serious.”

“As am I, my brother from another mother,” he sighed as he put an arm around my shoulders. “I really have no idea what attracted them to me.”

“You suck,” I glared at him.

“In more ways than one, my friend. But if I have to give you a real guess, I’d have to say I just acted like myself, dude. I could tell you what I did after we got together, but when it came to me and them getting together, I’ll be honest and say that I never acted differently to get them to like me.”

“This sucks,” I sighed before leaning on him dramatically.

“Adrian, just be you. That always works.”

“That’s what people always say.”

“Okay, here’s a word of advice: don’t do that,” he grinned as he poked my nose.

“Don’t do what?” I asked in confusion.

“Stop being so fucking depressing. It keeps girls away. I’ve been tempted to leave you a few times myself.”

“I hate you,” I glared at him.

“I know,” he grinned as we walked through the grass in front of Pine Hills High. I could not help but sigh in helplessness as I leaned against him. People have been telling me all my life that all I had to do to get where I wanted to go was to be myself. But it seemed that that tactic only kept me grounded in a place that was going nowhere.

Image


I leaned against a wall as I stared aimlessly at the crowd of faces around me. My dark brown hair fell into my face as I tilted my head to the side and stared at the crowd before I stuffed my right hand into my jean pocket as my other hand tightly gripped my folder. The wall I was leaning against was really uncomfortable as the corner dug into the small of my back. Nevertheless, I kept my wincing to a minimum and stayed in position. A sigh escaped my mouth – the millionth one of the day, it seemed – before biting my lips together when I noticed what I was looking for walking down the hallway.

It was her. But she was not alone. There were two girls with her.

The girl on her right was the fantastically vicious Cassandra Carta. Her infamous sneer that was permanently plastered on her face seemed to get bigger as she lightly licked her lip ring that shined brightly against her lipgloss. Her dark auburn hair was in soft curls that framed her face as a white headband pushed her bangs back. All eyes seemed to go straight from her full lips to her long legs that shone off from under her pure white shorts all the way to her pure white Vans. I stared at her in furtive distaste before turning my obsessive gaze to the girl in the center.

There, in front of me, was my goddess, Nara Lee Evans. Her soft face smiled at everyone as she passed by. My own smile girl as I happily sighed at the sight of her. It was pathetic how bad I had it for her. Her watery blue eyes glanced down, making her dark blonde eyelashes tickle the top of her cheeks. She bit her bottom lip slightly before looking up at the crowd, making my heart beat faster. It was little things like that that just killed me. She was perfect. I took in her ankle-length blue dress that flowed around her legs, giving her a floating appearance, like she was dancing on a cloud. My head cocked the side slowly as I smiled at her before my eyes finally noticed the girl on the left.

She was not a girl I had noticed around much so she must be somewhat new, considering there were not a lot of kids at our school. Plus, she had a stiff posture as she glanced around curiously and nervously with her bright blue eyes as her hold on the pile of textbooks in her arms tightened. Her skin held a unique white glow to it, like an angel’s. She tucked a strand of her long blond hair behind her ear as the rest of her hair cascaded in one thick braid down her shoulder. I tried to place where I had seen her before when I realized that she looked exactly like Twiggy when she first started modeling. I stared at her in curiosity, hoping that she might be different from the rest of the people at school. Her top two books fell over and onto the floor with a loud bang that echoed throughout the hallway. Her face burned a cherry red color as everyone quieted down and stared over at her. I pushed myself off the lockers to rush over before leaning down to pick up her two books.

I glanced around the hallway as I stood up slowly. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before turning back towards the girl. A gasp escaped her as she took the books from me before she laughed nervously. Her thick British accent rang out in the hallway, which had yet to start moving again.

“Oh my gosh, thank you so much. That was embarrassing.”

“It happens to all of us at some point in our lives, so it’s no big deal. You new?” I asked.

“Is it obvious?” she asked as she looked up.

“Blatantly so.”

“Oh. Well, yeah, I’m new. I’m Anya Jacobson,” she said as she shifted the books to one arm and stuck her hand out.

I shook her hand briefly before staring at her five books with an eyebrow raised. “I’m Adrian. Do you need help with that?”

Her face collapsed in relief as she stared up at me. "Thank you. These are so heavy. You would really be saving my pathetic arms."

I laughed as I took the three that seemed the heaviest from her. "No problem. I remember the pain and I'm dreading the day I have to take mine back."

"Ugh, that will be a complete tragedy and I do not wish to think about it, thanks."

"Hey, has anyone ever told you that you look like Twiggy?" I asked.

"You really think so? No, I've never heard that! But, oh, she is my absolute favorite. She really is a role model," she said as she smiled brightly.

“Um, hello? God, just ignore us. Rude,” a voice from our right said. We both turned at the same time to see Cassandra sneering at us with her arms crossed and Nara Lee waiting with a patient smile.

“Well, hello, beautiful girls. I’m here for you now, what are your other two wishes?” I grinned, trying to seem cool and confident.

Though Cassandra rolled her eyes, my heart soared when Anya and Nara Lee laughed at my comment. I gave a shy smile to Nara Lee before turning to Cassandra, who spoke up once more.

“Where’s the freak you follow around?”

“Is the great Cassandra Carta asking for little old me?” Eddy’s voiced carried out. I turned my head to see two pale hands push past the crowd of people before Eddy’s fully blue-clad figure came up to us. He pushed his hands into his pockets as he gave Cassandra a wink and smirk. “My darling Cassie, are we finally putting our secret love affair out into the open?”

She rolled her eyes once more before heaving a great sigh and looking down to examine her nails. “You wish, freak. “

“Trust me, I don’t,” Eddy laughed before he turned to look at the blonde at my side.

Eddy's thin, pink lips parted at the sight of the girl in front of him. Anya was not focusing on him at all because she was placing one of her books into her huge green tote back and adjusted the strap onto her shoulder and brushing her braid up. She blew the strand out of her face before staring up. She blinked at Eddy's sudden appearance and smiled at him.

"Well, hello," she greeted.

“Oh my fucking God. She sounds like Twiggy too! Adrian! It’s Twiggy part two. You, my darling, are going to be something epic at this school, I know it,” Eddy grinned as he circled Anya before pulling her into a hug.

“Anya Jacobson. And you are…” she trailed off.

“Edward James Devereux, at your service,” he smiled as he kissed her hand.

She blinked once as she stared up at him. “As in…Derek Devereux?”

“You know my cousin?” Eddy exclaimed.

“I love him! He is such a riot.”

“Isn’t he? He’s my favorite cousin ever. Oh my God, you’re my new best friend.”

“Hey!” I exclaimed.

“My new girl best friend,” Eddy corrected without looking over at me. “What’s your next class?”

“Um…Economics in B-29,” she said as she examined her schedule.

“Me too! Let’s connect. I’ll see you after school, Adrian, peace!” he said as he took her books from my arms and walked away with her.

“Okay?” I asked uncertainly out loud before turning to the two girls by me.

“I think we should all go to class now actually,” Nara Lee said with a smile.

“Ew, no thanks. Why don’t you ditch with me, babe?” Cassandra said she touched Nara Lee’s arm.

“I don’t ditch, Cassie.”

“God, you’re freaking boring. Whatever. I’ll see you sixth.”

We both stared at Cassandra's retreating form in silence as she sashayed down the hallway. I bit down on my bottom lip as my heart beat faster when I felt Nara Lee suddenly take a step closer to me and stare up at my face. I could feel the warmth from her body radiate onto mine and her breath on my face. I gave her a nervous smile before taking a step back and slowly turning to look down at her.

"We have the next class together. Shall we?" she asked politely.

"We shall," I smiled as I held out an arm.

She gave me a large grin as she linked her left arm with my right before I guided her into the class we shared together. She ignored her usual seat as she grabbed two books from the front of the classroom and brought them to the desk I was at before sitting down. She grinned at me before taking out a sheet of paper and a black ink pen. I glanced around the room for a few moments to distract myself from the fact that Nara Lee Evans was willingly sitting next to me. And the fact that she smiled at me more than once; more than twice. I clenched my fists in nervousness before giving her a small grin and opening my folder to take out a sheet of paper. But I lost my entire cool as I felt Nara Lee’s lips at my ear.

“Okay, genie, it’s time to work your magic again,” she whispered, her breath tickling my ear. “You granted wish number one and two by appearing in the hallway and letting me sit next to you. Wish number three is for you to walk me home today.”

I bit my lip as I looked down at her. If it was not for the small little smile she had on her face, I would have never believed that happened.

I had to be in heaven.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song of the Day:
I still feel her PT 4 - Emarosa

Tell me what I wanna hear, and I'll take you anywhere
That you wanna go, I'll take you there