Slow Your Roll

1

She is the apple of my eye. This girl is my motivator. The one that keeps me sane. She is the crazy, beautiful, fun-loving, bottle of energy. She is my daughter. She's my pride and joy, my reason for living. She is Alexis Halvorsen.

"Momma, how much wonger?", Lexi asked from her car seat. "It's only five more minutes, little girl," I answered the child, smiling at her reflection in the rear view mirror.

It was finally her chance to meet him, the guy that was never in her life. I've decided to let her pick if she likes the guy or not. She's got a pretty good judge of character backing her up.

"Mooooooooom, I wanna be der. Now!" Yep, she's a defiant little shit.

"Slow your roll, baby. Do you want to meet someone?" I asked her raising an eyebrow. She scrunched up her nose and shook her head violently, her dark brown wavy hair tossing about like a tornado.

"Aw, please sweetie? It'll make mommy happy if you do this for me." I pleaded with the four year old.

She sighed, looking at me with a serious face, "Fine, but I want a toy." I smiled a little. Victory

I let out a breath of relief as I pulled into a long wide drive way. It was time; I'd been putting this off for four years now. This was his make or break chance. I walked up to the door with Alexis on my hip.

Knock

This is it.

I stood there for awhile as I waited for the door to open. This is just like him, don't even answer the door. Turning around and heading back to my some what new car, I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

I spun around as quickly as I could, to come face to face with Er- wait what? It was Nick.

"NICKY!" I stared at him with wide eyes and a smile plastered across my face. He was like a brother to me, helping me get through all the tough times in my life. He was there for me when Eric walked out and gave up on me.

I embraced him in an awkward side hug type of thing. "Wow, I thought you um, decided against the whole uh, kid thing." He said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"I guess it was just a way of keeping him in my life. Where is baby face anyway?" I questioned.

"I believe he is at the music shop, you might catch him if you hurry." He chuckled.

"Thank you so so much. You don't know how much this means to us two."

"I'm pretty sure I could imagine how you feel. Woo, she looks like a clone of him."

"Yeah, I sure hope that she accepts him, though." I managed to say before closing my car door. Nick just stood there in the drive way, with a confused look on his face.

"Alrighty little girl, on the road again." I said blowing out a breath of air.

Yawning, she nodded her head and looked out the window.

Ten minutes later we made it. I saw him through the clear glass, looking at a new bass. "You can do this." I thought to myself. Scooping up Lexi, I pushed open the door.

Ding

All eyes were instantly on me. Except the ones I needed to see. I put her down and she ran towards all of the electric guitars, plucking the strings with her tiny fingers.

"She has some talent there." The clueless man said, still stroking the deep blue guitar.

"Yeah, I guess music runs in your family." I said, crossing my arms.

He flung his head in my direction. Immediately he gaped, trying to find the right words to say.

"Olivia? You mean you actually, kept it?" He wondered, saying the last part in a hushed tone.

"It? That happens to be our daughter you're talking about there!" I quietly screamed at him.

"Look, it's not my fault, I didn't want a kid then, I was still a kid!" He tormented me with every word he spoke.

Alexis ran over to me and clung on to my leg for dear life, staring at Eric with big eyes. "Don't yell at my mommy. Just slow your woll, that's what she teacheded me."

He chuckled out, "Well, I'm sorry little missy, but I suppose your mommy hasn't told you about me yet."

She shook her little head, he leaned down next to her, "I'm the man who loves you and your mommy very much, even though, I was a big old meany head before, she should see that I've changed."

I looked at him with a small smile on my face, "Lexi, baby, this is your daddy."

"Weally, are you wying?" She questioned with her hands on her hips. I just shook my head.

She almost suddenly went and wrapped her arms around his neck, "I'm gwad you changed, 'cause I kinda wike you."

He picked her up in his arms, and came by me with a smirk on his face, "Looks like you gotta take me back now, Liv, I mean the kid likes me."

"I guess so…."