Just Admit That You Love Me

Mikenna's P.O.V

One summer I thought happily to myself. One summer that I get to spend away from home and with all of my friends. You can imagine my excitement when my high school informed me that all of the students in grades 11 and 12 were taking a vacation to Cuba for the summer. It was sort of like a camp I guess you could say, except that everyone was going there for the beach and hot weather. It just so happened that we had to be supervised by teacher's who didn't really care what we did. It was obvious they were going because it was a free vacation to them.

I smiled as I packed the rest of my stuff into my suitcases and walked downstairs to let my parents know that I was ready to leave. I told them not to worry about driving me to the airport but they insisted and so we were meeting Lauren and Tristyn there.

Lauren and Tristyn would be my best friends whom I have known since birth. I'm the youngest of the triangle and our mom's are best friends as well. I find it sort of weird how that all worked out. Lauren is the spontaneous one out of all of us and she's extremely outgoing and up for almost anything. Tristyn is boy crazy and since she attracts them so much it all works well for her. I guess you could say that I'm the shy one out of the group; except that I'm not shy I'm just not as outgoing as Lauren and Tristyn.

"I'm ready!" I sang walking out to the back patio where my brother was dipping his feet into my in ground pool. It seemed to be really warm out so I wasn't sure why he wouldn't be swimming in it. I smiled at him as I walked over and gave him a hug; he was growing so fast that he was making me feel old. I guess that’s what happens when you watch someone grow up. He's turning 15 this year and he just finished his first year of grade 9. I on the other hand am 18 and I just finished grade 12.

"Let's go then," My dad said wrapping his arm around my mom's waist and walking into the house and back out of it at the front. I made sure I had everything with me and watched as my dad put all of my suit cases into the car before getting in.

I looked down at my necklace and frowned at the only disappointment about my summer. Rylee was in college and we were going to be apart for the whole thing. I gently brushed over the small diamond placed in the center of the heart with my thumb as the car started moving. I was really going to miss Rylee.

Rylee is the kind of boyfriend every girl wants but only the lucky girls have. He's hot and dreamy and has the greatest personality ever. My favourite thing about him is the way that he says something cute and then kisses my forehead right after. I had no idea how I was going to be able to live without him for so long.

We were just a few minutes from the airport now and I could feel my stomach twisting into knots and the excitement building up inside of me again. I had said my goodbyes to Rylee yesterday and so my parents were the only ones left.

I checked in and then immediately spotted Lauren and called her over. She walked over in her naturally model like way with her parents behind her. She was definitely one to love attention.

"Hey Lauren, haven't seen Tristyn yet?" I asked looking around a little bit to see if I could spot her. I saw a few people who looked like her from the back but none of them were actually her. The thing I loved about Tristyn was that you could usually tell right away if it was her or not because her hair colour is really hard to decide whether it's blonde or brown.

"No, have you seen any of the guys? They were supposed to meet us here as well so we could sit with them on the plane," Lauren said crossing her arms a little bit agitated. I knew her though and I knew that she was way too excited for this trip and that she was just mad that the time wasn't going by faster.

"No. Bree and Geof are supposed to call me when they get here but I don't know about the other guys," I felt a little bit guilty after saying that because I knew that if Rylee had been around he would have gotten mad. He's a sweet guy; he is... he just gets a little jealous sometimes. He really doesn't need to be though, I mean I'm in love with him and nobody can change the way I feel about him
♠ ♠ ♠
For the first few chapters the pages might be a little short but I'm going to try and make them longer. Hope you like it so far! :) Comment/subscribe.