I'm Not Afraid to Fall If You're the One Who Catches Me

Hello

“Do you think it’s going to be some weird person?” Joe asked as he plopped on Nick’s bed. “I mean, first of all, we’re rock stars. You know crazy people might try to live with us.”

Nick smiled, but didn’t turn from his guitar. “Look, the school ran out of dorms. They have more kids this year. We have an extra room, so Dad said they could put one person here. It won’t be anyone weird. They’ll check for that before letting them live with us.”

“Dude, whoever it is does not know how lucky they are,” he said. “Remember last time we stayed there? My roommate was that weird bug collecting kid. I swear, I had a new bug bite every day.”

Kevin came in. “Oh yeah, that was funny.”

“Not as funny as your roommate who went around and tied your underwear to the flagpole,” Joe smirked.

Kevin glared at his younger brother. “That was not funny.” He looked at Nick. “Was it?”

“Sorry, Kev, but it was.”

Kevin rolled his eyes as Joe started laughing. “Anyway, I came up to tell you guys that the new guy will be here in a bit. He’s supposed to come at 4.”

Joe looked at his cell phone. “3:38. So we have exactly um.. 22 minutes waiting in agonizing anticipation until we know if we’re living with a creep or not?”

“He won’t be a creep,” Kevin rolled his eyes.

The bell rang, and they look exchanged a look. “An early arriver?” Joe groaned as they all started walking downstairs. “Great, it’s another Nick, just what we need.”

“Hey,” Nick said, pretending to be offended. “There is nothing wrong with being punctual.”

“There is when you say words like punctual,” Joe mumbled, smirking at his younger brother.

They got to the door and Kevin opened it. All three of their jaws dropped. Standing at their doorway was a girl, clearly not a guy as they had been told, but a girl, and a beautiful girl at that. Joe was practically drooling. “Um, hi,” she said. She was looking peculiarly at Joe, probably wondering why he was staring so oddly at her.

“You’re the early arriving Nick wannabe weirdo guy who’s supposed to be living here?” Joe blurted.

The girl looked at Kevin and Nick, wondering if the brown haired boy was crazy. Luckily, Nick came to her rescue. “Hi, I’m Nick. Please ignore Joe.”

“I’m Kevin. Please come in.”

“I’m Audrey,” she said, stepping inside. She put her bag down and looked around. The house was nice. She couldn’t believe she was actually here, that she had actually pulled it off and now she stood in a house, her home for the next nine months in LA.

“You’re a girl,” Kevin said slowly. “Are you sure you’re in the right place?”

“Um, I think so. This was the address my ma—om, my mom gave me,” she said.

“Oh don’t mind him. Guess our Dad thought we needed a beautiful feminine touch around here,” Joe said, putting his arm around her shoulder as he led her further into the house. Nick and Kevin exchanged a smirk before following him. “Now why don’t we show you around the house while you tell us about yourself? You don’t have a bug collection do you?”

“Um no, I’m afraid I don’t,” she said hesitantly. “Why, do you?”

“No, just some routine questions, you know,” he shrugged, smirking at her. Then, lowering his voice only slightly, he added, “It’s for Nick. He’s been so afraid we’d get a creep living with us. I mean, I hear him screaming in his sleep every night.”

“What?” Nick smirked behind them.

“Nothing, Nickie,” Joe grinned back. He started leading Audrey around the house. Kevin and Nick left them after the downstairs. Joe showed her his room first. “I could give you a better look if you want.” He smirked suggestively, stepping forward.

She smirked and put her hand on his chest to stop him. “That’s okay. Could you just show me to my room please? It’s been a long trip.”

“Sure,” he pouted but led her to the room across from his. “Here you are.”

“Thanks,” she smiled and put her bag on the bed on the side.

He leaned against the doorway and watched her. “So, where’d you come from?”

“Um excuse me,” she asked, pretending she hadn’t understood him.

“You know, your long trip? Where’d it start?”

“Oh, um somewhere far away, not in this country,” she said nervously.

“Oh you mean like Canada or Europe?” he asked slowly.

She knew he was growing suspicious. She had to think of something quick. “Oh yeah, um Europe, England actually.”

“Huh,” he said, standing straight and crossing his arms as he looked at her, his head slightly tilted. “You know, we’ve been to England. Your accent sounds different.”

“Oh um that’s because I lived in um Denmark for most of my life,” she said hurriedly.

“Denmark? Hmm,” he said. “We’ve been there too. Come to think of it, your accent is a bit like what we heard there.”

“H-have you been a lot of places in Europe?” she wondered if he ever came to her country. If he has, her whole cover was blown. She might as well not even unpack. God, how had she blown it already?

He smirked and stepped forward, letting his hands fall to his side. He was standing close, towering over her, his breath on her skin, his eyes locked with hers. “You don’t know who we are, do you?”

“Um, my housemates?” she guessed.

He laughed and turned to walk out. He stopped by the door. “See you later.”

He left her and that was when she let out a breath she hadn’t even realized she was holding.

---

Joe was smirking when he walked into the kitchen where Nick and Kevin were standing around the islander. “Oh God,” Nick said, looking at Joe’s expression.

“What?”

“You hooked up with her, didn’t you?” Nick asked, shaking his head. “Dude we’re living with her. Talk about how awkward it will be now.”

“Will you relax?” Joe rolled his eyes. “Honestly no faith. No, Nicholas, I did not hook up with our extremely hot housemate – yet.”

“And you’re so sure it’ll happen, why?” Kevin asked, smirking.

“I just have a sixth sense about this things, brother. But anyway, listen to this. There’s something weird about her.”

“What do you mean?”

“She said she came from far away right,” he explained. “So me, being the interested in hot girls guy I am, I asked her where she was from. She said England.”

“That’s strange,” Kevin admitted. “It didn’t sound like an England accent.”

“Exactly!” Joe exclaimed. “Then when I pointed that out, she said she grew up in Denmark.”

“Huh,” Kevin said. “Maybe it is more Danish.”

“So do you think it means something?” Nick asked.

“I think it means there’s more to our housemate than meets the eye,” Joe said in a detective like tone. He looked at his brothers. “She’s definitely in the right place, right? I mean she’s totally hot.”

Nick smirked. Leave it to Joe to be questioning her words one second and then complimenting her looks the next. “Yeah, Kevin just called Dad. Apparently, Big Rob vouched for her. Said we needed a girl around here or we’d be living like animals, and walking around in our underpants.”

“Psh, as if a girl can stop that,” Joe rolled his eyes. “I’ll walk around in my boxers if I want to!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello ;; Evanescence

So I know it's been a bit of time, but hope you guys liked it :] For those of you that read I Am What I Am, this is going to be slightly different. Let me know what you think please :] Oh and don't forget to vote for your favorite stories here: BMBAwards!