Brothers of the Music

"Why?"

Frank thought that Pete was just acting dramatic or pulling off a prank. Since Pete usually does that. But the look on his face told him otherwise.

“What happened to you?” Frank asked, “Don’t tell me you got an A in our History test a while ago.”
“I have to leave the country,” Pete said softly.

Frank’s heart stopped and felt really numb for a few seconds. He couldn’t say anything. He didn’t want to say anything. His lips were not able to control everything that his mind wanted to say.

Silence was heard. If it ever can be heard.

Finally, Frank was able to utter something.

“Why?”
“I don’t know,” Pete said.
“What do you mean you ‘don’t know’? You can’t just leave me here without a reason!” Frank was getting angry.
“Look, it’s not like I want to!”
“Then why are you leaving?”
“My dad has a job in Australia and I have to be with him.”
“When are you leaving?”
“This Saturday.”
“That’s two days from now! Cant you just stay here with an uncle or something?”
“I asked my mom, but she said its too difficult to handle.”

Frank wanted to shout and cry. Instead, he just ran without looking back at Pete.

When Frank reached the locker room, he punched one of the lockers so hard, that it bent and caused a crack.

His vision went blurry because of all the tears surrounding his eyes.

“Why?” whispered Frank.