Brothers of the Music

Bottle

Frank decided he didn’t want to stay at his school. He ran up the stairs, almost tripping over a step.

But as he opened the door of his classroom, he noticed that he was out for quite a while.

His not-so-close friend Vincent called out to him, “Hey Frank, where’ve you been all day?”
Frank’s biology teacher was writing something on the board but noticed too, that his student had come back.

“Excuse me Mr. Iero!” the teacher shouted, his face obviously disappointed, “What happened to you? You missed a quiz and I don’t think you’ll be able to take a make-up.”

But the boy wasn’t listening. He just quickly walked to his seat and packed up his things. He took his bag and left the room without a word.

Whispers were heard and the teacher’s face was red.

“That kid…”

“Home early?” Frank’s mom was making dinner.

He just ran up the staircase of their house, wondering if his mother knew about this before. His mother knew something was wrong.

Frank looked at his room like it was his whole world. He saw a shelf and on top of it was a beer bottle with nice smooth stones and some little plants in it. Pete and he found the bottle 5 years ago. They were trying to find something that they can keep as a souvenir. Although, when they brought it home, Pete's mom got mad and shouted, "What have you guys been doing?" That was one of the most memorable days for the two of them.

The phone downstairs rang. A minute later his mother knocks on the door.

“Frank?” his mother searches for the voice of his son, “It’s for you.”
“Who is it?” Frank answered.
“I think it’s your classmate Ray.”