Status: This story belongs to troublemaker96 on Quizillia

Primitive Instincts

I Need to Take You to Some Vampires

R I V E R

I rolled over and sighed, feeling Embry's body against mine. I knew he was awake, but kept my eyes closed, perfectly comfortable. For a little bit he just played with my hair before placing gentle, loving kisses on my back. I opened my eyes and smiled. Everything looked like it was glowing in my eyes. I felt buzzed, and so incredibly happy about what had happened last night that i couldn't contain a tiny giggle.

"What's funny?" Embry asked, his hot breath creeping over my shoulder and giving me chills.

"Nothing." i sighed, rolling over to face him and wrapping my arms around his neck. "I"m glad we...ya know. I don't regret it." i smiled, feeling the need to reassure him.

"Good." he said, brushing hair out of my face. "Because i don't either." He placed his lips over mine in one of those sweet, calm kisses.

Suddenly the door opened and i turned around, jerking the sheet up to cover my chest. Max was standing in the door-way, looking between Embry and i with a completely disgusted look on his face.

"Shit." i whispered, trying to jerk the blanket up the cover myself even more.

"Rivur-" Max began but Emily appeared behind him, pulling him away and giving us an embarrassed and apologetic look before closing the door.

A silence settled in the room, but more of a I-can't-believe-they-just-saw-that silence. Then, i dissolved into a fit of laughter along with Embry, thinking about the look on Max's face.

"Great." i laughed, placing my hand on Embry's cheek. "The whole pack will know about this by the time we get down there." I laughed even harder. I knew when Quil or Seth or Jake joked it would be embarrassing but at the moment it seemed pretty damn funny.

"They'd know anyways. They can read my mind if we're in wolf form at the same time." he said. The stopped my laughter and i bolted up in bed, staring at him with disbelieving eyes.

"nooooooooooooo!" i screamed, knowing i was being dramatic. "That's horrible Embry! Now they're worm they're way into your mind and......see it!!! oh my goodness gracious!!!!! Gosh golly Ms. Molly!!!!!!!!!!!!!" i screamed, rolling over in bed and hiding my face, not realizing until i hit the floor that i had rolled off the bed entirely.

"Are you high?" Embry asked between laughs as he looked over the edge of the bed and down at me.

"No. Just happy." i smiled, and he smiled back, knowing exactly what i was thinking about. I looked down and realized the sheet had come down and was now exposing the entire upper half of my body. I stood up and pulled the sheet around myself, looking around for clothes to wear. I ruffled through my suitcase, bored with all of my clothes except one. I pulled out the black and yellow polka dot dress and the yellow all-stars i had taken from Crystal's closet before i left.

Then of course i put on underwear and slipped on my clothes, running a brush through my hair and putting it up in a high ponytail.

I turned around to see Embry looking at me, a smile on the edges of his lips.

"Were you watching me get dressed?" i asked, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Yes."

"You're weird." i said, rolling my eyes but feeling my heart pick up speed again.

"But you love me." he said, and it was more of a statement than a question. I walked over to him as he sat up and just held his face in my hands, looking at him for a little bit.

"But i love you." i said, nodding my head and planting a small kiss on his lips before pulling away. "Now get dressed, I'm hungry." i smiled. He got up, not even bothering to cover himself and started looking for his sweat-pants.

I felt a blush rise to my cheeks, and no matter how hard i tried i couldn't pull my eyes away from him. He glanced back at me and smirked, pulling his pants up and walking back over to me.

"Were you watching me dress?" he asked.

"Yes."

"weirdo."

"But you love me." I repeated back to him, raising my eyebrows and waiting for the response i knew would come.

"But i love you." he smiled.

"Come on Clifford. Let's go face a pack of wolfs." i smiled, laughing at how true it was. We walked down the stairs, hand-in-hand and out into the kitchen. It surprised me how we weren't immediately greeted with cat-calls or jokes. I was kind of relieved though. I looked at Emily and she smiled at me.

"Max is in his room." she said, secret meaning behind her words. I nodded and sighed, walking over to her and grabbing a plate.

"Thank you." i whispered, hoping i was being quiet enough that no one could hear me. "I didn't mean for him to see that. did he...ask questions?" I mumbled, trying to avoid her eyes.

"Plenty." she whispered back, laughing lightly when i groaned. "Just don't answer them and he'll eventually forget." she said.

"Forget what?" came a voice from behind me. I jumped and spun around to face a sly looking Jake Black.

"N-nothing." i said, pushing past him and going to get some food.

"No, really, forget what?" he asked, following me out to the table and being loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Jake drop it." i hissed, piling eggs and bacon and all sorts of food onto my plate.

"No, no no, it might be important. What is it that Max saw and asked questions about that you want him to forget?" He asked. He knew, i could hear that he was taunting me. He was waiting for everyone to catch one.

I felt my face burn with heat as i took my seat beside Embry. I looked at the pattern of the wood, trying to make myself remain calm.

"Nothing." i whispered, even though i could hear snickers coming from all around the table.

"Might this have something to do with the fact that Embry wasn't on patrol last night, and that he wasn't home either?" Quil asked, standing up and reaching for more food.

"Guys-that's enough." Embry said, noticing how red i was getting and how i was sinking into his side like a frightened animal.

"Did you guys....do IT?" Quil screamed, widening his eyes like he was just realizing it, although i could see him on the verge of laughter.

"Shut-up!" i screamed, getting up from the table and grabbing several pieces of bacon. "I'm going out. i need air. See you guys later." i said, feeling completely mortified. I stomped out of the room,but not before hearing Quil make a cat call. I flipped him off and heard Embry let out a ferocious growl at him. I smiled to myself, before remembering why Quil was making a cat call and picked up speed.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I didn't get very far before a pair of warm arms wrapped around me, pulling me to a stop right in the middle of the road.

"River, wait." Embry said, turning me around.

"What?" i snapped, before realizing it and calming down. "Sorry. It's just....ugh! I hate how they know about our private lives!" i screamed, throwing my hands up and feeling violated all over again.

"I know i know, me too. It's just...part of who i am. And i can't change that as much as i wish i could." he sighed. I put a hand on his cheek and rested my forehead against his.

"Just...try not to think about it when you're in wolf form." i said, but it was more like a question.

"I'll try...but patrolling can get kinda boring and-"

"Embry!" i shouted, but laughed at the same time, smacking his chest.

"Well i can't help it! Is it a crime to want to be with you 24/7?" he asked, pulling me closer to him and playing with my hair.

"No. But it's a crime to want to be withme 24/7." i smirked, turning around and starting to walk again.

He grabbed my hand and walked with me, playing with my fingers.

"Listen....i need to talk to you." he said.

"About what?" i asked, pulling us to a stop. He hesitated and looked at the beach.

"Let's walk for a little bit first." he said, pulling me along, down towards the beach.

"Embryyyyyy." i whined, not in the mood at all to walk far.

"Please?" he asked, looking back at me. He was being sneaky. He knew I couldn't say no when he looked at me like that.

Stupid werewolf.i thought.

"Fine."

We walked all the way to the end of the beach, somewhere along the way i kicked off my shoes and socks so i could just walk on the rocks. Finally, we reached the end and he pulled us under the big overhang we had gone to when we first went walking. Just then big drops of water began pelting the ground right outside.

"Does this remind you of something?" i asked, smiling and looking at him.

"Yeah." he said, and pulled my into a kiss. Our lips pushed together, never satisfied. I wound my arms around his neck, and his wound around my waist and picked me up. I kicked up my feet and giggled, finally pulling away for air.

"Now what is it you wanted to tell me?" i asked, looking at him expectantly.

"Maybe we should just wait the rain out and then walk a little more and then I'll-"

"Embry." i said, cutting him off. "Just tell me." i said, not understanding what could possibly be so bad that he was afraid to tell me. Maybe...he was breaking up with me......no. He wouldn't do that. I couldn't find it in my heart to believe that after the kiss we had just shared.

"I need to take you somewhere safe." he said, looking down.

"I am safe. I'm with you." i said, trying to laugh, but i found that i couldn't. He was scaring me.

"No I mean...somewhere else. In Forks. We have friends there that can protect you-"

"More shape-shifters?" i asked, surprised that there would be any in Forks.

"No. They're..." he trailed off, looking out into the rain and sighing. Finally he looked back at me, and there was a kind of determination in his eyes that made me rethink what we was going to say. "They're vampires River. I need to take you to some vampires."