Status: This story belongs to troublemaker96 on Quizillia

Primitive Instincts

Starting of a Fight

R I V E R

That long day blended into another long, exhausting day. Everything seemed grey and colorless. I couldn't taste my food. It wasn't as much of not seeing as it was the worry. The worry that was eating away at me every single second. It was making every waking minute seem that much longer.

I cried a lot too, but not as much as the day that news came that almost killed me. Alice was sitting there, playing with Max, when her eyes suddenly went blank, and she was almost in a trance. Then she snapped out of it, and looked me dead in the eyes.

"They're here." she said, and my heart dropped all the way down to my toes.

"How many?" i chocked out, trying not to cry. I could feel the tears slowly slipping down my cheeks though. I felt like throwing up. Max was too busy playing with Alice's shirt to notice anything.

"Six." she whispered, trying to seem casual, even though i knew how dangerous this could get.

"Oh my god." i sobbed, putting my head in my hands. It was worse than i thought. "Embry oh my god."

"He'll be fine River. Take Max upstairs and stay in your room. Seth will stay here, along with Jake, and Renesmee." she said, trying to calm me down.

"But then Embry will have to fight more!" i screamed, not even noticing how Max was trying to wipe away my tears.

"River," Alice said, her eyes softening. "Go upstairs." I knew i had no other choice so i picked Max up and carried him up the stairs, closing and locking the door behind me. I knew a block of wood wouldn't do anything to stop a vampire but i was human, a locked door made me feel safer.

I stuff Max in the closet with his game-boy and hoped it would make some difference if the vampire somehow managed to get inside the house.

"River sit in here with me." he said, opening the closet door a little bit. I sighed and got in beside him,trying to distract myself by watching him play Mario bros. It was hard though. Hours passed before I heard anything, and when i did hear something it made my heart hurt.

There was an earth-shattering howl that came from somewhere deep in the woods, and when i heard it i jumped out of the closet, breathing in the fresh air. I ran to the window and threw open the blinds looking outside for any sign of disturbance. I didn't see anything though, and that worried me terribly.

"Embry-y." i sobbed, hoping that it wasn't him. Actually praying for the first time in a long time. "God please don't let it be Embry. Pleaseee." i cried, collapsing onto the ground in a shaking sobbing mass.

"Rivur." I heard Max say, starting to cry as well. "Is Embwry huwrt?" he asked, holding my hand.

"I don't know buddy." i said, trying not t cry so much. But i just couldn't help it. It felt like my chest was tearing itself open, it felt like it was on fire and it hurt so bad that i just wanted to tear my heart out.

I put my back to the wall and tried not to hyperventilate, but i ended up throwing up in the waste-basket by the bed instead, and the feeling in my throat wasn't making my condition any better.

From below us, i heard a loud thud, glass shattering, and a hiss that echoed throughout the house.

Then my crying stopped, along with my breathing, as i sat there prettified of what could be downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending is near....