Status: This story belongs to troublemaker96 on Quizillia

Primitive Instincts

The Silver Band

R I V E R

His eyes, his beautiful, deep, melted chocolate eyes that never failed to capture me, opened. Wide and alert, like he was ready for action. And then we weren't alone, Edward and Bella and Rose and everyone else was in the room, including Seth.

"E...Embry." i breathed, pulling free of Emmett and rushing to his side. I reached out and touched his face, feeling that same, amazing warmth. And our eyes connected. And it was one of the best moments i had ever had with him. Because i knew he was okay now.

"River." he breathed, breaking into a small smile.

"Embry." i cried, pushing my lips quickly onto his before pulling away before going back for a series of quick, hurried kisses. "I- missed- you- so- much." i said in between the kisses, my tears finally stopping.

"I promised I would come back to you. I always keep my promises." he said, holding my face in his hand. My mouth was stretched into the widest smile i had ever had.

"I love you so much." i said, hugging him so tightly i was afraid i might hurt him.

"I love you too River. I love you so much." He whispered, sending chills down my spine.

"I hate to break up this happy reunion, but i need to check out Embry." I heard Carlisle say behind me.

"Okay." i said, reluctantly pulling away from him.

"Go tell the pack. I'll see you later. I promise." He said, rubbing my cheek.

"Deal." i smiled, forcing myself to leave the room. As i walked back to Emily and Sam's place, i was truly happy for the first time in a long time.

I smiled up at the rainy sky and realized that everything would be okay. I wasn't going to end up old an alone, a widow forever. I would get to be with Embry.

I started sprinting, desperately anxious to tell everyone the good news. No, the great news.

VVVVVVXXXXXXX

I couldn't get myself to fall asleep that night, i just wanted Embry to be there with me, now that i knew he was okay. My whole body ached for him.

Out of the darkness i heard the window squeal open and jumped up, letting out a little scream. I could only see a dark shape in my room. But finally, I could see his face, and i released a breath i didn't know I'd been holding.

"Embry." i breathed. He didn't respond though. Instead he pulled me into a long, passionate kiss. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, relived to have him with me.

When I finally needed breath, he moved to my neck, making me breath deeply, trying to control my heart.

"I thought i was going to lose you." i whispered, which caused him to stop.

"You're never going to lose me." he whispered against my skin, making me shiver once again. He sat up and leaned against his elbow, pulling something out of his pocket.

"What's that?" i asked, sitting up as well.

"I know it might seem weird, but i thought that i could hear some of the things people said while i was...away. I might, i might be wrong...but i want to ask you anyways." he said, seeming to get nervous.

"Ask me what?" i asked, reaching out to brush his hair out of his eyes.

"River...will you marry me?" he asked, holding out a simple silver band. But to me, it was the most beautiful ring in the world. And in that second a thousand images flashed through my mind, of what our lives could be together.

I felt joyful tears begin to gather in the corners of my eyes, and i had to wait a second for the lump to leave my throat.

"Yes." I squeaked, holding one shaking hand out. As i felt the cool metal circle around my finger i was the happiest i had ever been. I pulled Embry into a kiss and we fell into one of those blissful nights i had missed dearly when he had been hurt.

As we lay there afterwards, our hands intertwined, along with our bodies, i could feel the weight of the ring on my finger, and i knew that it would always be there, because Embry and I were just meant to be.

We were perfect for each other and after all we had overcome, after all we had been through, having this one simple ring made everything worth it. Every tear shed or crack in my heart seemed miles away in that moment.

And i was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heres the ring
http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=450511&cm_mmc=Google_Feed-_-1-_-15-_-{keyword}&kw={keyword}